Thread: Size of the world?

Size of the world?

I'm a newbie and haven't left the city and surrounding countryside of Tir yet. I was just wondering how big the game world is compared, to say Asheron's Call or Everquest. Can anyone quote square mileage/kilometers?

Arrow

erm lets just say its so big you wont believe it at first.

Do not venture far from cities til you have a good handle of the game or you are going to get lost.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Go for a run. My adventurer (level 39) with parrot form (400+ run speed) would take around an hour - real time - to run from Tir in the East to Athen in the West...

I remember a long time ago when the world was a much safer place, as a level 6 omni-tech adventurer I went on a quest from Omni Entertainment north all the way to Newland. It took me six hours (real time) of constant running...

Rubi-Ka is HUGE.

Also you CANOOT run directly north from certain cities (omni) since there are zones you cannot pass, with red flares not the usual blue.
    Why they are there I dont know.

So oyou have to kinda go in a wiggly line lmao

I read somewhere that the map is thousands of square kilometers.

You can't pass the red borders because the zones behind them are not added to the game yet.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Press "P" to see how big the map is and where you stand on the map. Run for 5 mins outside your city and see where you are..

If you have a yalmaha, do some exploring.. its interesting.

the RK world keeps getting bigger. if you go to Lush you can run around that place for days at a time and not see all of it, maybe not days because of run/swim speed. I have gone through a lot of lush, here is a lot of what I know if you are interested.

1: the island that you can see after zoning from omni-trade is somewhat nice, it has a basic shop and a VERY cool "goliath-class jugernaut" never try to kill it

2: Never try to swim to Harry's, you can A: take the ferry or B: if you want to sightsee you can swim to the island mentioned above and follow the waterline which goes east/north

3: be carefull when exploring south or west of SWmines, there are nightcrawlers that live there and they have been known to attack first which is very bad for players below lvl 45ish

4: there is a very cool storm in SWmines, it looks amazing if you max out your graphics

5: norht of OP (which is north of lush hills) doesn't have much stuff that I know of, its all landforms which are ignored by monsters.
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Feb 3rd, 2002 at 02:23:05.

heres an idea

if your new and running about go to 3rd person mode and play about with the zoom in and out and the camera rotate buttons. there are some rather nice landscapes.
    and the weather effects rock big time. cobal sands? in a dust storm? level 14? techno scavengers? OMG what fun!

Cool

If there is one thing that you have to give credit to Funcom for doing good, its the size of the world.

You just simply can't apreciate how large it is until you get your first Yalmaha and fly around. The world is HUGE.
    "The best defense, is a dead opponent." -- Pyro

Yeah it's big, but theres a lot of wasteland. Some playfields have few or none mobs or places to see.
    I would like to have the closed zones to be opened, if they add new stuff to the game.
    gigantic cities, Snow !! , military areas (Trespassers are shot on sight. No Questions asked)

W@@T