Thread: IPR Poll - You decide.

There wasnt an option for what I thought .... basically make 1 IP reset point = the xp needed for 1 lvl.

Have an option to switch to earning IP reset points or leveling, basically 2xp bars.

This would give people the option to work on chars that they think are broke and give level 200s a reason to xp.

Cheers
    Sepaku
    131 Atrox Fixer

Originally posted by Sepaku
    There wasnt an option for what I thought .... basically make 1 IP reset point = the xp needed for 1 lvl.

Have an option to switch to earning IP reset points or leveling, basically 2xp bars.

This would give people the option to work on chars that they think are broke and give level 200s a reason to xp.

Cheers
    Sepaku
    131 Atrox Fixer

Hear hear!

Xp mode: IPR / LEVEL (once the IPR is gained, it has to be used within 2 levels, to prevent low level IPR farming)

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

I'd prefer they just give everyone IPR points when there is a game-changing issue introduced by a patch (i.e. not 1 point every patch). There are pros and cons to that though, like everyone changing to the next uber weapon type when a certain weapon is nerfed, etc. But I think that's better than gimping someone's character permanantly giving him no option to change with the game mechanics.

Getting more IPR can never be overpowered or anything, it only allow us to change our characters and have alot more fun.

I think we should get afew IPR points every month, but can max have the current max for title, so you can't stuck up afew 100s of them...(not that it would hurt anyone if someone saved tons of them)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

hehe... if they give us 1 more for every patch they might actually patch slower then they already do, though something along those lines is best, cause you know quest is gunna be "Go kill jack the legchopper and collect 1 of every professions items"

for sure though, need some way to aquire more IPR to keep it interesting at 200

just dont make us have to do more BS missions actually being able to change in tokens for them was a cool idea someone posted somewhere
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Change in tokens? What about us Neutrals that don't get tokens?

Putting a Quest in game for an RP would be a waste as this would bottle neck everyone on the server, and need such a high requirement to make sure it was for high level players...

I don't know at each exact level we recieve RPs... so far I know its 1 at 15, 3 at 20, and another 3 at 50... I would assume its another 3 at 100, and 3 at 150, and 3 at 200... for a total16 RPs...

Now through the life of a character, by level 100 you should have a pretty good idea of where your headed or at least be set in such a way options are limited so very little room to mess up a character. So all RPs after 100 should be gravy...

However I believe at lvl 200 all leveling should be converted to an RP scale... meaning that the first RP is X amount of experience... and the second is twice the first point worth of experience. This would mean that as you gained RPs the amount of experience to get the next one would grow larger... meaning if you have 5 RPs it would take X amount of experience times 6 to get the 6th one... the only alternative to this would be that if you spent the first RP you gained the scale would reset and you would only have to gain that back... so you could go after a lot of points or just one at a time... or simply over time they would accumalate.

However I don't believe RPs should be granted to lower levels as they will gather a pool of their own on the way to lvl 200...

The only other alternative is to try and come up with a PvP scale much like DAoC's Realm Points... as rewards for killing foes defending towers etc... however this system would cost a lot of development and serious retooling of the current PvP structure...
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

since what i wanted to vote for:

one TOTAL reset per character (because alot of old school gimps whose subscription went off and on a couple of times missed out the one time reset) and a reasonable quest for more iprs.

it should not be hard, not involve camping just some rl time.

maybe one switch every 2-6 real life weeks or something like that so i went with 1 ipr point per patch.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Arrow

I'd rather blow my tokens on better boards I hope they add someday...

But yeah the quest would be long + boring + campy for sure...rather have it arbitrary. (per patch/time period/etc)

As for those against it *cough* mind your own characters and let other people play theirs (within the rules) however the hell they want to
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Simple way to let neuts use the tokens for resets thing:

Let neuts upload tokens. Doesn't matter which side it is, it adds to their "neutral token count". Since they don't get token boards, they can immediately start spending these tokens on IPR points.

Gives neuts their own unique advantage that isn't a token board.

As for RP justification:

"Being neutral requires a certain mental flexibility, an ability to see the situation from both sides - or just not to see it at all. Because of this mental flexibility, neutrals have an easier time forgetting learned skills. Omni and clan need to acquire the highest honors in order to receive the nano-interface required to emulate what neutrals come by naturally."

Bam. RP justification. Damn I'm good.

(Cz, you know, you guys are welcome to use that - it's your property anyways, as its on the forums, and I don't care about IP rights. )
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Actually the only time Neutrals get tokens is when we happen upon on in a chest... a mish never rewards us a token as we have no side.

I think a system should be implemented that would allow the high level players to reset their IP on a regular basis.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

I look at skills like education.

When you graduate, chances are your degree is valid and close to up to date as long as you attended a good school.

After a period of time, your skills need "refinement" so people take refresh courses or classes in different trades to keep their skills up to par for whatever field they took.

IPR, relates. In obvious ways.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

I have 14 IPR points I"m just sitting on scared to use, not knowing that if I use them that is it, my character is permantly gimped, etc.

Just let lvl 200 characters have unlimited IPRs. Sure you'd see some one night wonder tradeskill gods, but I doubt you'd have much of that over time. IPRing is a pain in the rear, and most of us won't be doing it unless it is something we really really want to do.

Quests would be lame, fighting the mobs lame. Token exchange maybe ok, but I say you get to 200, you get unlimited IPR.

Would give high level toons something to do, they get bored with their twinks they could always IPR, etc.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course