Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone else thinks trader debuffs should be breakable?

Originally posted by Arinia
    Two Words:

Virus Scanner
    As said earlier... They don't work during fights.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Originally posted by MoonShine

So what could be done about it?
    Well, one solution could be to half the effect like dmg are handled in PvP... the thing is that it would prob. still be too powerfull.
    Or everyone could just stop whining.
    Gatorojo - Proud member of Apocalypse

Power to the Atrox!

Well Moonshine suggestion is kinda smart and make alot of sense. Its not a whine. Drain are not HP damage but its still damage, why shouldnt it be halved?

No I don't think so, easy breaking of trader debuffs would hugely disadvantage traders. As for doctor init debuffs tho...
    My hope is that FC introduces anti debuff stims (usable while under aggro), certainly this should be applicable at the very least against init debuffs.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

I agree that traders need their drain and the PvP power of a trader is based directly on the ability to make a target very weak. But how weak should the target be?

I disagree with the original poster, as the way nano resist works now means that the trader will typically spend alot of time hitting the drain macro just to make one land. Six second recharge is a lot of time in PvP, and you might have 50% hp left by the time you get a plunder and divest on your opponent. Of course, you have to raise nano resist and implant for it, but so what?
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

i think the trader's drains should be divided in to weapon skill drains/buffs and nano skill drains/buffs.
    when i say this, im only thinking pvp-wise, since imo it is gimping their opponent a little bit too much today.

a possible solution would be making divest/plunder NPC only and making the new drains player only. there should only be one line of nanos each, making a total of 4 drain/buff nano lines. (yes, i know its alot)
    They should drain/buff about 60-75% of the total of todays drains, but as pointed out earlier, only in one of the categories.

Their cast time should be quite long, but with very short recharge time.

ok, start flaming me now

Main problem with trader drains is the combined effect of OE weapons and lost attack rating, making many traders very unhittable once they have drained you.

IMO the Plunder line should be made Target Type NPC only. This would straighten things out quite a lot. Traders shouldn't require a full drain to survive, they routinely pick very low regular damage weapons then gain a very large chance to crit by draining. This is their choice, they are not gimps because they can fully drain, they can only class that can self cast all of their nanos at about level 120, they have hostile nanos in addition to drains (AC syphons and HP funnels). They are quite clearly the most easily (and cheaply) twinked class. If traders worry about being gimped then use of different weapons and different tactics should fix this.

hmm i think ppl needa stop whining ... as all professions have their advantages and disadvantages as for the anti trader brigade.. make a trader put him into mass pvp like tower battles and see how well u go

and for the idiot who started this post STFU its people like u who continually get prof items and other stuff nerfed becoz u r to crap to deal with them
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Were not whining here, we are having a discussion on traders drain. I dont see anyone whining but you here man..

loose the flames Lankybill lets try to keep this constructive. Did you ever think about how disadvantaged you would be if you couldn't use plunder or did you just see a nerf proposal and call whiner!

and what advantages would a trader have if it didnt excel in 1v1 pvp.. it sucks in mass battle and is crap at soloing and in pvm drains dont affect mobs

i will flame posts which arent constructive... like the ones asking a profession that has been nerfed more than any other profession to be nerfed again....

screw u guys im going home
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

well I personally think every profession should have a snare breaking nanos that breaks them in two casts. Area snares are way to over powering, with them lasting over 20 minutes and landing so easy.

All this talk about a nerf on drains has created this predictable response from FC.

"Nerfing traders
    We have no plans on nerfing the strength of any Trader nano programs, or any other aspect of the Trader profession. We might consider limiting the use of ransacks and deprives compared to the target’s level, to stop people from e.g. draining a level 1 creature for 211 points of skills that it never had. "

If that goes through congrats all you just made the cost of wrangles go though the roof.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

If FC nerfs Trader drains, in one of the many ways you people describe, it would send Traders to the bottom of the food chain in PvP. (Maybe not as low as MA's, or Engi's but....)

NEWSFLASH....TRADERS ARE NOTHING WITHOUT DRAINS

We have NO weapon skill buffs like other combat proffessions, ALL weapon skills except Shot Gun are DARK BLUE. And now we can truly see the effectiveness of Shot Guns in PvP, oh yah, they kick ass now with the -50% crit nerf (/end sarcasm), unless you are rich like most of you I bet are and can afford a 15% ELLTS.

Nerf Drains = Nerf Traders, and if you nerf drains combined with the -50% Crit nerf then Traders would be screwed over more than MA's, because they loose their defining ability (drains) and they have ALREADY lost an edge with their defining weapon (Shot Guns).

You people that post this crap obviously HATE Traders to the core, I admit I didn't like them much before I started one, but now that I've played one for a while I see that they are not ALL powerful like I once thought them to be from all the whinners and nerf cryers posting about them.

Even IF you took away some of the negative part on players and left the positive part to the Trader unchaged it would still reduce them dramatically, this would affect MANY MANY people who enjoy playing Traders, in a very NEGATIVE way...

....All so you can be happy kicking the **** out of them like you want to so badly.

Also, my Trader isnt a "God" in PvP, he has been beaten many times and has never held a title once.

Just think about things before you affect many people like this, calling Nerfs is one of the most self-centered things someone can do to another person, or more like, community online.

Live with the game, if the Devs decide its too powerful so be it, we can't really change that, but constantly crying NERF NERF NERF NERF!! Is just outright sickening.

<Edit> HAHAHAH Aqua yah...All you people cry nerf drains, and STILL beg us for our precious Wranglers that help YOU get into better gear, then all you wanna do is get us nerfed so YOU can use that better gear to slaughter us, LMAO!

Oh yah the price of a wrangle if that goes through is going to sky rocket and I will probably never 132 wrangle a non-guild mate again.
    Last edited by Voracious; Jan 8th, 2003 at 18:39:42.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Traders wont be nothing without drains, they wont be as good as they where but they will still be up there, if drains where removed (which they will never be) we would get some sort of Weapons buff or AR buff to compinsate.

Too much caffeine Xixxxor?
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Jankkar
    Traders wont be nothing without drains, they wont be as good as they where but they will still be up there, if drains where removed (which they will never be) we would get some sort of Weapons buff or AR buff to compinsate.

Too much caffeine Xixxxor?
    The problem is Funcom would remove our drains then 6 patches later give us the weapons buffs.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Originally posted by Arinia
    Two Words:

Virus Scanner
    Hehehehe

yuo ar clevarr

When I go to Camelot or tower raid and I see a trader under attack by multiple player, I can count from 5 to 0 before I see his remains. Traders ability is to destroy you with debuff but traders big weakness is damage. They just cant take damage at all. They have nothing to protect them from multiple opponents. NT's have NS, Doctors have CH, Enforcers have alot of HP and absorb sheild, Fixers have Evac, Soldiers have TMS, Adv also have good HP + CH.. The only thing traders have against multiple opponent is an area root. Traders dont even have the NR to protect themself against Roots/Snare/Stun.

Hmm I think traders are good as they are...

If you get Drained you just move back in the lines wait until youre not attacked anymore use Virus Scanners and head back out to the front...

Easy as that
    Bigmongo 200 Enf RK1 Proud Member Of Svea Rike
    (Born July 23 at 18:11 2001) Reached LvL 200 after 80 days and 6 min of play time the 21st aug 2003)

Iammongo 63 Crat RK1 President Of The Mongo Family
    "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
    - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

-=[I may be Bad but i feel Good]=-
    - I AM NOT FAT I AM BIG BONED

Originally posted by Aqua
    well I personally think every profession should have a snare breaking nanos that breaks them in two casts. Area snares are way to over powering, with them lasting over 20 minutes and landing so easy.
    Swinging rather wildy aren't you? Snares breakes after one or two shots at a snared individual. Would you have liked your precious trader debuffs to be made as easily breakable?
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast