Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone else thinks trader debuffs should be breakable?

anyone else thinks trader debuffs should be breakable?

Anyone else thinks trader debuffs should be breakable?

With a low nano resist of only 100% they are always able to land their divest line. While i agree that at least one of their nano lines should be easily landable, i strongly disagree the way this line gimps their target for 3 minutes, a very long time in terms of pvp. With the way that half of the doc init debuffs are breakable, all mezzes are breakable, roots are breakable, trader drains should be breakable too, at least the divest lines. The doc vaccine nanos were supposedly supposed to help balance this issue but the doc vaccine lines are very short duration and only help docs. Unless vaccines become team castable and last for at least 5 min they are not the answer for trader debuffs.

I suggest making the divest line breakable while keeping the plunder line as unbreakable. Trader debuffs are still too strong in terms of pvp.

No i do not.

Why? It is one of their main advantages, just because you dont like what it does to you, doesnt mean it should be make pretty much useless.

What you do: You find ways to live with it, you have a back up plan some kind of strategy to make up for what you lose. Plain and simple. Nerfing another profession because you dont know how to fight them is kinda lame IMO. Yes i know they are killa's and that its a pain in the ass, but hell, deal.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Go level a trader up to a point where you can equip a QL199 snakemaster/QL200 whatever without it being OE before drains, try without drains, to kill someone.. then come back and post a new reply.

Traders need Divest or they are gimped. But for plunder. I think it should be breakable. OMG I just called for nerf /me raise flame sheild

/me uses the Boosted Graft Kill Fixer GA Users!
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

YES trader nerfs need to be drained quickly

(not a spelling error )
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

no, they wear off too fast to be breakable.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Root have only 20% more duration and they break. But not only that, they also cost more nano and have higher resist.

u mean plunder are more easy to be resisted with the 190% NR
    wich is huge versus a high QL root (ex highest QL trader 90% NR and lvel 15%)
    but u are right root nanocost is huge when u use the highest one

back up plan in cae of trader drain = RUN

Your screwed.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

*sigh* here we go again...
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

The duration of the recieving end is a pain in the ass. Ofcourse if its a mass pvp...and you happen to get away you can always use Virus Scanners.

But during a fight, meh I dont know.
    Anyway why are you still using a shotgun, they are probably the worst weapon to choose right now :P

No drains are just fine, just dont get stuck into your supernova or its gonna hurt
    Infamine 200 soljah

Maybe they could add breakable drains, just like the doc init debuffs.... drains twice as much, but chance to break when hit...

/me runs

/me hands superrock a big can of STFU.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

/me slaps Wobble for his great reasoning skills.

Drains are overpowered, they require low nano to cast (compared to roots), and last very long. Making drains breakable wouldn't be such a bad idea.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Two Words:

Virus Scanner
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I see no problem with traders being able to use their nano weapons . Make a trader if you think it's fearsome ability. Next you'll be calling for everyone to be able to break DoTs, roots, slows, and any other hostile nano. Then a way for everyone to stop special attacks (Bursts, fling, whatever). Hell, lets just make a way so that class "X" can't hurt "my" class, so I can be uber. So sick of people wanting to nerf any class but THEIR OWN.

For the record, I am not a trader nor have I ever FPed as one in PvP. And yes I have battled plenty of them so I know what their drains can do.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

The problem here is, as usually, PvP. You may say what you want but drains ARE TOO strong in PvP, end of story.

So what could be done about it?
    Well, one solution could be to half the effect like dmg are handled in PvP... the thing is that it would prob. still be too powerfull.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast