Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boss Exit

How long does it take to find the exit, really... More than 1 or 2 minutes? Maybe 3 if you have very low runspeed. Any more than that and I'm starting to seriously doubt your orientational skills.

Let the gridding professions keep their special little thing and run out one in every ten missions you don't team with a fixer/doc/nt/trader. Is this really an issue? Come on....
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

BOSS EXIT!

I dont think it would effect the gridding prof, all it would do is send ya outside...if i had a choice to take a grid from a fixer or use the boss exit...i think i will be saying.."ready for that grid" who wants to fly/run all the way to a grid term from a mish after you killed a boss if you have a fixer or trader with ya. its just to make it so ya dont have to run thru the already completed mission looking for the buttons. Still grid me out if its availible. re-BUMP THE BOSS EXIT..it is a kickin idea.

Re: while you are at it

Originally posted by Blackwing
    save the maps when you ld.

put markers on when you find a lift.

please?
    These would be far more useful. I don't LD much, so that isn't such a big problem for me, but for others I know it is.

However once you have used a button, make it appear on the map! I could actually handle running down the 4 floors to find my way out if there was some way of figuring out where the button was. I have a felling putting a button in with the boss would just result in more and more teams running up picking up the item and just hitting the exit (ignoring the boss protecting it).

You don't need a silly exit from the boss room to the outside. Just take along a profession that can grid you out of the mission.

I agree so much on this
    Fixer, trader, doc, nt all have grid. so what about the other professions out there?
    How many times have you stood around after the boss going
    Grid?
    An exit would be perfect, and yes have it appear after completion of the mission that way even blitzers still have to use personal grid to get out
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

Thumbs up I agree

I hate trying to find my way out of team missions--I feel like a rat looking for cheese. I hate wandering hoplessly lost through each level of the mission because my map doesn't remember where things are--AO has enough down time without getting lost every time I try to leave a mission.

Either make doors/lifts stay on the map once you've seen them, or put in exit tokens for boss loot (making it loot requires that the boss be killed, saving a snach and run exploit).
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

adding an exit warp is not a nerf to warpers, ppl still would need warps from distant zones, static dungeons, lotsa situations where a warp is useful
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

how about..

my 2cr:

Boss exit looks like a grid terminal, but isnt a grid terminal.. If you use your mission token on the terminal you are ported to the first room of the mission. (token isnt used up you can still upgrade your board upon relocating)

just a thought.

and in regards to : "How long does it take to find the exit, really... More than 1 or 2 minutes? Maybe 3 if you have very low runspeed. Any more than that and I'm starting to seriously doubt your orientational skills."

have you ever done a ql 140+ team mission? seriously they get very big and with rubber banding and what not, its simply not fun to run around to the elevators and exits. not flaming you, but your last sentence there seems a bit pretentious.
    Last edited by Dkaarn; Jan 18th, 2003 at 17:45:48.
    Devil's Advocate is cooler than you.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw

great idea :)

even though FC will never add this since it would be a GOOD idea (and FC=Evil or even stupid) but bump anyways

Maybe after pet pathing they can think about this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12