Thread: PvP basics

PvP basics

Hello all,

Like a lot of people in AO, NW was for me the introduction of PvP in the game. I had some prejudice about it but now find it even more challenging than killing a bunch of QL 200 mob with a QL 1 beam.

But to be honest, at this time my PvP life mostly consists in repetitive visits to the reclaim (I start to consider it like a second home now).

May be I'm not experienced in the forum search engine as well, but I didn't find any general helps on PvP basics (please remeber, I'm an Atrox and I'm an enforcer. Everyone can't be lucky...).

Could you then provide me some help (by the way, my main is an enforcer 116 and I got this engy crap 72) ? Or is there nothing to do about it and just tell me that I should buy a personal reclaim terminal ?

Kastagueule, enforcer 116
    Eochian, engineer 72
    member of L'alliance

High damage output is crucial. Put a huge weapon on.

Get good armor. Use best nanos... and whack your opponent to death while being immune to roots!
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

NCU gives life! This is becuase you get more buffs with more NCU. That's ideal of course. You won't always make it to the battle buffed as well as you would like. Each class has their tricks and tips for survival. Perhaps looking in your profession forums for advice.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I can't believe I overlooked that.

Yes, pray to the NCU gods (and wish that you were a trader!).
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Stay with your friends!

Get into a team with some other people around your level (remember that the PvP bracket of the whole team, is the same as the PvP bracket of the highest level player in that team) and stick together on the battlefield. Concentrate your firepower on the same target as your friends, and protect each other with heals and such.

Communication is important. Telling your team "I'm being attacked by <name>" or "<name> is a trader, kill kill kill!" can help them pick out their next target.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I can't believe no one mentioned connections. Best way to win in PVP is to have a 3ghz system with the graphics turned way down and then get dual OC-5 lines coming into your living room.

Cause even if you have all of the above stuff (armor, the best weapon, ncu, buffs, and friends) you'll still die when you have a 60s delay between hitting the attack button and the server actually getting to you.