Thread: Leveling up.

Leveling up.

I'm pretty sure that i'm not alone when i say "lvling up gets old".

i know a big part of NW was that FC hoped to get people off the lvl treadmill and more into the PvP conflict (i think).

unfortuanently(i cant spell) you still need to get out of the mid-low lvl's for PvP to REALLY take off, all the best tower wars (in my opinion) take place at high lvl's between big, powerful orgs.

so, although i doubt anything like this would ever be implimented(sic), it would be cool to be have some form of alternative to lvl'ing up. A way to make your char more powerful without spending a lifetime on the ol' treadmill, =/

anywhoo, just post your flames/comments/suggestions on what something like this could be!

i was thinking something like quests that added abilities or **** that game with getting PvP titles....

There are other ways to level.

You could level via tradeskills and get your account banned.

Uh.

You only get a lame amount of Xps from tradeskills.
    Why would they forbid leveling on it ? It would take an eternity.

As it is, I think you should about *2 the Xps gained on tradeskills.

You must have missed the mass hysteria about a particular person allegedly getting banned for levelling through repetitious tradeskill processes.

But Funcom asked for it to be kept off the forums, so I won't divulge any more details

They asked us not to talk about that?

Did they not at least address it or even mention why???
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

as far as i understand it

they were concerned about the pace at which he got to 50 and assumed a macro was connected to this.

wether this is true or not will never be public knowledge i think, the account got grounded purely because the char leveled faster then allowed so to speak.

dunno about you but i find it kinda ironic since it was stated that a tradeskill character would be a viable option to level.

then again, every new mmorpg promises this and the only one to pull it off was uo because it was utterly totally completely skill based and not level based like everything else.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

DAoC had a seperate system for tradeskill and level sorta like UO.

I was told it was NON macro... but lvl 50 in 6 hours? Thats an ass load of clicking.

If the results could be reproduced then possibly the grounded account could be reinstated... however who would risk there account to prove it again?

+sigh+ damn catch 22's suck ass.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

That particular instance sparked this post by Cz.

We'll never know what the end result is, unless perhaps we ask the person it happened to in-game or something.

Originally posted by Viray

I was told it was NON macro... but lvl 50 in 6 hours? Thats an ass load of clicking.
    yes but entirely possible. A friend and i did some experiments of our own and we determined 50 was possible in about 4 hours if not for wrist fatigue. The character we played with made level 25 in roughly 1 hour 50 minutes. Alot of that time was getting new imps made and figuring out what was the best setup for doing it and finding the right items in shops while determining which clusters were the best to use. A well prepared person could probably get to 25 in just over a hour. But the later levels do get harder as well :P

level 50 in 6 hours does not sound like a macro to me at all.

According to CZ this is all legal assuming that you don't break some other part of the EULA like macroing for example

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=86944
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; Jan 7th, 2003 at 09:33:04.

Level 50 in six hours is not impossible , just takes the right team and a little advance preperation, implants nanos weapons etc