Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3 fixer cant take down 1 doc together in 5 minutes...

Originally posted by Stromm

lol, what are you talking about? I was saying the poster i quoted was full of holes and saying one thing and doing another. not grid armor. Read it again.
    hehe noonononononono bro, I was agreeing with you by making that joke! He said ga fixers weren't uber so I made the joke that everyone should roll MPs. Then I asked if anyone believed what I said about MPs being uber---bah, you get the point. hehe I was agreeing with ya though
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

heh its like if you do a 200+ mission and you find two RM Felons, they gonna take like 30minutes to kill with a full team, because they keep CHing each other.
    But i dont see whats wrong with a doc not dieing to 3 fixers actually, its not like it was 3 traders. 3 fixers = 3 burst that wont do 40% so with pnh/jobe there was few chance to kill him. And anyway the doc job is to heal, so the healing isnt more overpowered than someone armor you cant touch only with specials
    And since he didnt kill any of you, theres really nothing wrong.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Marlamin
    Doc's dont do dmg? *Cough* AS *Cough* The problem is that your Init Debuff is waaay to destructive it totally will rip apart a professions OFFENSIVE Abilities.
    Yea, and that's why virus scanners were introduced into the game, so a Doctor (and an MP, and a Trader, and an Agent..) can't <tab> debuff <tab> debuff <tab> debuff as effectively anymore.

This game is not about 1 on 1 duels anymore.

edit: If you get init debuffed, you are not required to sit there and keep attacking the Doctor. Just like when I get divested, I am not forced to sit there attacking the Trader back. Its usually a good time to run and try to lose aggro to get rid of the debuffs with virus scanners. Where that becomes an issue is when Traders use roots to keep you from retreating, which Doctors don't have. So really, complaining about init debuffs crippling you is silly by comparison.
    Last edited by Sheffy; Jan 7th, 2003 at 05:44:32.

Originally posted by Nothinman

heh.. as i recall we both hit you pretty hard off the bat with burst and Full auto.. i think we did some other tests too. but you did win quite easily..

its beside the point though.

and muergen not sure why your flaming me i know full well about the rock paper scissors routine.. i was just showing that it is possible to beat one as a soldier though its very tough.
    I wasn't flaming you... I was using your post to illustrate the concept that so eludes Insida. I personally took your instructions to mean that 'yeah you can, but your chances are slim to none so basically you're screwed'. I dunno, if I were a soldier in mass pvp, and I saw a doctor there, I wouldn't even bother firing. Like sheffy says, spam the name out in whatever chat is available, then shoot at someone else while the traders and metas of the world pounce on the helpless victim.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Jynne
    Virus scanners remove init debuffs in two to three uses.

The mechanics and tactics of mass pvp favor long range weapons with fast recycling specials, especially aimed shot, actually.
    I know that, my suggestion would entail an anti-debuff stim being introduced into the game (stims can be used whilst aggroed). If the doctor with one buff can force any opponent to flee the scene in order to loose aggro and use a virus scan, the doc win by default.

As to weapons favoured by game mechanics I know that fast recycling specials is key, being a smurf myself. My post was in a reply where some docs reasoned that anyone debuffed had a "quick fix" by changing from slow to fast weapons.

But enough of this trench warfare, I hate the direction such discussions are inevitably drawn towards. Doctors are GREAT pvp'rs and I am happy for you. However, FC still has a lot of profession ballancing to do, and for awhile I thought they were on the right track, but certain recent changes has left me in doubt FC will ever get it right.
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jan 7th, 2003 at 06:34:47.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Originally posted by THEDEACON!

hehe noonononononono bro, I was agreeing with you by making that joke! He said ga fixers weren't uber so I made the joke that everyone should roll MPs. Then I asked if anyone believed what I said about MPs being uber---bah, you get the point. hehe I was agreeing with ya though
    ohhh!!

/me pops in another evocation nano

w00t
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Seraphael
    If the doctor with one buff can force any opponent to flee the scene in order to loose aggro and use a virus scan, the doc win by default.
    lol, crowd control! rah rah rah!

so ?

i dont understand your point, can 3 MAs take down 1 fixer in 5 minutes ?

paper / scissors / rock game balance that is slightly skewed against the melee folks right now.

i truly dont nderstand the whining about the vast minority of people against whom gridarmor isnt as godlike as the remaining majority of the population.
    Last edited by Hollowbyte; Jan 7th, 2003 at 08:10:01.

Theres a lot professions that can prevent a doc from healing in mass battles:

NT: Crown of Frost
    Crat: Stun
    Trader: Debuff
    MP: Debuff/NSD
    Enf: Hit me baby
    Soldier: Debuff
    Doc: Init debuff
    Agent: FP trader debuff / kill me

Those who can't:
    Adv
    Fixer
    Ma
    Engie

Well buuhuu if you dont have friends in the first list in a tower-war area then your doing something wrong.

Whenever I enter a pvp area those from the first list all try to debuff me, I often have to stay real behind in the friendly areas to prevent this.

Also; do you think I have time to CH a friend with a soldier/enf on my behind? Dont think so.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Insida... i have no problem understanding why u whine about doc's...

We heal ppl you try to kill, and we heal ourselff when u fight us...
    We counter your insta-roots/snares and your insta-evac in battles with our initdebuff...this kills you... wopido....thats why u want us nerfed...

Well first I want to say that you are just whining like crazy here Insida. I've been in tons of pvp areas with you and you survive similar onslaughts.

That being said, most of us realize that heals are overpowered. The heals as they are now were meant to be in comparision with the damage being done before the damage cap. But if you half heals like you half damage heals will be underpowered. So hell, just leave them alone I guess. I'm not about to see how well these docs do in PvP if LE heals for 325-750.

However, to Pomy or Letah (I don't remember who said it), totally ridiculous to say docs aren't capable of doing good damage. What they will have is a lower attack rating, but easily doing good damage with any of the weapons that are pvp viable.

Still, I don't know about 3 vs. 1 situation. Maybe you guys were just unlucky?

"3 fixer cant take down 1 doc together in 5 minutes..."

LoL - well i can take down 3 fixers in 5 minutes ... :P

However, to Pomy or Letah (I don't remember who said it), totally ridiculous to say docs aren't capable of doing good damage. What they will have is a lower attack rating, but easily doing good damage with any of the weapons that are pvp viable.
    We have the lowest AR range of all professions. Maybe its 'good enough", it still the lowest!

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Letah

We have the lowest AR range of all professions. Maybe its 'good enough", it still the lowest!

You have lower AR then a MP?

Either way that doesn't matter really, numbers mean nothing. I talk from fighting docs and fighting others as a doc. Thats how I know when docs on these boards say their heals are balanced cause of their poor dmg output, i know they are full of it.

Originally posted by Piercingevil

You have lower AR then a MP?

Either way that doesn't matter really, numbers mean nothing. I talk from fighting docs and fighting others as a doc. Thats how I know when docs on these boards say their heals are balanced cause of their poor dmg output, i know they are full of it.
    Its in the same range as MP, Engie etc. aka Darkblue +4 and +3s and no weapon/ar buffs. You have pets/nukes though; I dont. Your best nuke is even comparable with the best NT nuke (not the new ones).

I'm 100% sure an MP/Engie/Crat outdmges a doc. No diccussion about that. Our dots cant compare to the dmg done by your pets and nukes.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Re: so ?

Originally posted by Hollowbyte
    i dont understand your point, can 3 MAs take down 1 fixer in 5 minutes ?
    Erm? Go do some research then come back. Learn to use a ranged weapon with a couple of fast recycling specials; with it any profession stands a chance vs a SMURF...3 MAs would probably take down a non-GA fixer in seconds. The efficiency of fixers in pvp/pvm is largely dependant upon the rarest nano in game, without it a fixer rivals the efficiency of metas and pre engie love engies in pvp. Fixer is not synonymous with Grid Armour which in turn is not synonimous with invulnerability.

Originally posted by Hollowbyte
    paper / scissors / rock game balance that is slightly skewed against the melee folks right now.
    Perhaps; but what is skewed against an enforcer?
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Ill repeat myself again ok? Why can a class be so dangerous, so hard to kill and so helpfull to other? Why all the other have more balanced weakness/strenght? All the support proffession are easy to kill but they are threat excpeted doctors. Leave the damn fixers alone for a second and get out of your shell. Not only you guys are very good debuffers (-1400init and -100 weaponskills) but you are also the best healers. Together theses two things are good but doctor are better tank than a TMS Soldiers or Enforcers in mass PvP. Dont mention the drains, dominate,NSD, Roots, stun because EVERYONE is affected by them, not only doctors.

Originally posted by Julia
    The problem with docs we can stay alive very long but we cant realy kill anything unless they stick for a fight.

Yes sure when i ini debuff fixer who using 3.5/3.5 weapon ofcource i will laugh at your damge. Change to mauser or something...
    Dunno, Mery had over 1100 attack rating with her PoP the other day. Outside buffed, yes, but still.. I'm pretty sure she would be more than capable of killing people with that.

heh she got more attack rating than me...

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Dunno, Mery had over 1100 attack rating with her PoP the other day. Outside buffed, yes, but still.. I'm pretty sure she would be more than capable of killing people with that.
    Problem is you sarcifice your hots + dots + temphp + teamhp by doing that. Btw, pop is not a doc only weapon, so any MP, crat engie or whatever can have the same. it's a fact we have the lowest weaponskills together with a few other professions, so we will always be the worst dmg dealers unless a doc only gun sudenly would appear (not a chance).

Besides that; a doctor better not go to the frontline doing massive dmg if (s)he doesnt want to be debuffed/killed.

I find the comments about "you help others AND can heal well" funny, Thats what a doc is about!!. Our role. Our purpose. The reason I rolled a doc. Do you see me complaining about enf dmg? Naw, its THEIR purpose. They *hurt*, but I dont want it nerfed because they are supposed to hurt.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast