Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tir Accord broken by Omni - Why does the CoT not appear to acknowledge it?

the place of Omnitek

Omni's mines might have a place in the economy of RK, but its too bad that 99% of the profits go off planet and are never seen here. The proper place of Omni on Rubi Ka is as a normal company with widespread mining rights, but subject to regulation by the Free Government of Rubi-Ka, and with a promise to redirect some modicum of the monies pouring out of the planet into onworld development.

Also Urwen ((Smashabasha)) is right.. If omni were to, say destroy Athens and Tir via Orbital bombardment (lets say). The survivors would just move out into the wilderness and continue the fight. If necessary we could even go to the outlands and hide there. Anyways, such an action would only push more and more people into the hands of the Dusters and people like them. I don't think anyone wants that

*sighs*

To reiterate.

Omni-Tek governs a portion of Rubi-Ka, as stated in the Tir accords.
    That makes it a government.
    That makes the area governed a nation, under the Rubi-Ka branch of Omni-Tek.

This is a deduction, and therefore not up for debate.

Now, Omni-Tek is not some monolithic entity. We have many branches that operate nearly independently of Omni-Prime. To have all of Omni-Tek owned planets and colonies run by the board directly is ineffective and cumbersome.

Philip Ross runs things here, not "Omni-Tek". He runs the show on planet, not lightyears away on a sunny beach. Yes, he does answer to Omni-Prime, but they allow him full control. He has the authority to make war or peace.

As to the abilities of the Clans to fight a guerilla war against Omni-Tek...let's be serious here. Omni-Tek has the capability to wipe Clan cities off the map if the ICC allows them to.

The Clans will not be able to effectively wage a war against Omni-Tek from the neighboring forrests, as this would be too close to the front lines to ensure their saftey and short-range navigation tools carried by ground troops would be able to locate them easily.

This would require them to retreat North, into areas such as Mort, Avalon, and the Perpetual Wastelands...where trying to survive against the aggressive flora, fauna, and residents long enough to establish a base of operations would be a difficult feat in itself. Combine this with a lack of cover from Omni-Tek spy-satillites and the encroaching footsoldiers and it proves impossible.

The only hope then is to move into the unterriformed regions. Lack of water, lack of food, lack of reclaim technology, violent weather, limited oxygen, and whatever Hell-spawned monstrousities live out there will kill you before the shock-troops ever arrive.

It is not feasible, amigos.

And neither is a Democratic Rubi-Ka, for multiple reasons.

First off, the clans have enough difficulty forming a stable government on their own, and even more difficulty in policing it. Many Clansmen will not accept a unified democratic government to replace their tribal one.

Secondly, this will absolutely ruin Omni-Tek and weaken the control of the ICC. Many shareholders of Omni-Tek would start selling immediately. Sol Banking would begin to dominate the planet. ICC's power would be held in question, as their lease given to Omni-Tek would have been proven worthless.

Third, you think Sol Banking would take a place in a Democratic Government on Rubi-Ka? Think again. They're responsible for Red Freedom. They're responsible for the second civil war. They want war. It would give them enough elbow-room to take full control of this planet. That's their aim, and with little confidence in ICC's ability to keep order, they might very well ignore them...so will other corporations.

Fourth, you're drastically underestimating the repercussions of ICC failing to uphold Omni-Tek’s lease on this planet. Everyone, and I do mean everyone is watching the developments on Rubi-Ka. If the ICC is shown to be ineffective, it won’t be able to be covered up. It will get out that the lease given to Omni-Tek could not be enforced, and ICC will suffer a disastrous blow to their image and could very well spell the end for the confederacy. That means no laws regulating inter-corporate policy or treatment of workers within a corporation. Say goodbye to nearly thirty millennia of peace and prosperity.

The “freedom” you want is not attainable. True freedom leads to anarchy, a breeding ground for the likes of the Omega…and they’re still out there. In hiding. Waiting.

You know what Freedom means to me? Not having to worry about living to see the next day. What the human race has worked for during the last twenty-five thousand and some odd years won’t be taken away from us in one fell swoop for “the good of the people”.

But I always hear the same rehashed, myopic jargon from every Clanner I run across.

They want to have control of their own lives, even if it results in their death.
    Lt. Jaime "Silky" Kiewiet
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

So you choose not to understand

First of all- NO! OmniTek CANNOT wipe the clans completely off RubiKa. They CANNOT! I am sorry for yelling, but it is true. No matter what yor propaganda tells you, NO ONE, let alone OmniTek, could wipe any large group off of a planet. We could hide in the wilderness, and have you ever heard of mountains? Satellites cannot see into mountains. Also, we would not need a permanent base of operations. The adventurers among us (including myself) know the ways of the wilderness and how to survive without support. We can teach our fellow freedom fighters how to live nomadically and in mountains and areas not covered by Omni satellites. You can never destroy the clans. You can destroy our cities, you can destroy our government, but you can never destroy our freedom!
    Secondly- The only reason you think democracy is not feasible is because you are OmniTek and it would weaken your power. I clearly outlined how all the current forces used against each other now, will certainly be able to defeat any incursions by Sol Banking or the likes. Just because a fascism is replaced by a democracy does not mean the ICC will collapse. And, if it does, so be it! If the ICC cannot withstand a democratic planet, they do not deserve to govern the universe. Perhaps anarchy will come, but if it does it will show that humankind is too weak to withstand change, which we have shown ourselves in the past to be experts in adapting to. If humankind cannot take a change from universal fascism, I question whether we are worthy enough to exist. If we cannot take a change for freedom, why be here? I believe the ICC and the combined forces of former clan and former OmniPol can take any invasions anyone can throw at us, especially because we have insurance technology.
    It will not ruin OmniTek. This is just what OmniReform wants you to think. It will, in fact, increase profits by decreasing maintainence.
    The reason the clans are tribal and unorganised is because it is rather hard to organise a completely diverse set of people and ideals. This will be hard, but once we have a united and democratic RubiKa, it can be done.
    Excuse me, but what humankind has worked for in the past twenty or so millenia is NOT enslavement. It is NOT corporate fascism. It is not cruelty toward the lower class by an elite few with power.
    You are a typical, propaganda-spoon-fed Omni employee apparently, and will not be able to grasp what freedom really means until you get out of the mind control gas and see what liberty really is.
    Also, you will not understand that OmniTek is not a nation so I will stop trying to show you the truth on that point as well.
    Finally, if you cannot see a future for a democratic RubiKa with OmniTek involvement, perhaps OmniTek will have to be destroyed after all, even though I have championed the place of OmniTek in the future of RubiKa since the beginning. If you will not accept anything but war, bring on your continient of drones. You can destroy our families. You can destroy our homes. You can
    You can destroy our cities, you can destroy our government and our way of life, but you can NEVER destroy our freedom!

Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

You are kidding, right? What makes you think that a corporation, 280 billion people strong, couldn't place a billion soldiers on this planet and wipe the clans from it? At most, you have 50,000 clans, and that is strecthing what I believe there actually are. To think, even if every last clan member would fight, that you could stop a 100,000 solider army, let alone 500,000 or a billion, shows that you have no wish for true peace. Omni has been patient with the clans. If they wish to turn off the insurance capabilities, I'm sure they could. If they wish to wipe you clean, I'm sure they could. The clans barely stand against the small force of Omni now. Before irrational clans decide to make more trouble, I ask them to think what will the clans do if Omni sends a real army to Rubi-Ka? One that is millions strong. No matter where you think you might hide, no matter how well prepared you are to survive in the nether-lands of the planet, you simply don't have the numbers, resources or technology to survive a full Omni assault.

Maybe you should stop for one second and think where Rubi-KA came from. Did the clans pay to have this planet terra-formed? I think not. By all rights, Omni-Tek should own Rubi-Ka. Without the hundreds of billions of credits Omni has funded to turn Rubi Ka into a true planet, this would still be a large floating asteroid on the fringes of the universe. Instead of the clans being so bitter about their lives and how it all sucks, maybe they should take a moment to thank Omni for building the cities they currently live in and breathing the air they currently breathe.

I don't expect you to agree. After all, you are clan, and by defintion, a lawless group of bandits. But, you may want to start thinking a little more before Omni-Tek and Philip Ross tire of your petty cause, and send an army the size not seen before, to wipe your pitful clans from the face of Rubi-Ka.

Yes, right...

We should be grateful to Omni-Tek to provide the air we breath, the cities we inhabit, the ecology we live by, everything. Because they did it for nothing, really... all they asked was to treat us like their property, to do with our lives whatever they wanted, to stop being humans and become just numbers in a spreadsheet, or equiment in there inventory.

Until I started reading this kind of reasoning in the networks, I hold high hopes for peace with Omni-Tek; a lot of Omni employees I found were kind persons that wanted just to live and let live, and we could find an easy accomodation with them; but now I'm starting to realize something I wasnt seen before. Of course they are nice people; they are the employees of Omni-Tek. The same low level employees that acted like human beings when the mining collapsed and risked their lifes to save the Atrox miners. The same class of employees that got feed up with Omni-Tek management and formed us, the Clans.

My resolve for the Clan cause goes up everytime I see one of you post a detailed explanation of how you consider property more important than human lifes, or how freedom is dangerous because it will make us fall into the hand of some unknow oppresor, so its better to give up that same freedom to the current oppressor at hand, or how the fact that you have more soldiers and equipment than us should make us reconsider and give up, cause of course winning is the only thing that matter, not standing for what do you believe its right.

President Breogan
    Rubi-Ka Reform Party

And I suppose the lives of the men, women and children that were in the Entertainment apartment when a rogue clan decided to blow it up were not important? And, these are people that can't be recovered. They were either too young or too old to use insurance scanning. But, being the lawles,s low-life clan scum that you are, I suppose you view their deaths as ok since they lived in Omni territoires anyway and are just casualties of the war between us. I suppose it is justifiable, as long as it is under your terms. You clan make me sick with your hypocrisy. That you uphold the preservation of life and freedom, and then bomb innocents and deprivethem of these, you should not even feel fit to crawl out of the garbage piles that you live in.

Also, the omni and neutral guards have families too, but I continually see them being attecked by clan members.

As for being treated the way you claim, didn't the miners sign a contract? Weren't they aware that if they didn't work, they wouldn't get paid? It seems to me that laziness was more the issue here.

Omni provided them with a house, a steady job, a new planet to live on -- and the best you can do is say that the miners were unhappy with working conditions. Please. They should have known before they took a job as a miner, that mining is not the most pleasant of experiences.

The clans have done nothing but cause grief and havoc on this planet. They have caused more deaths in the multiple civil wars and uprisings than were ever at the hands of omni supervisors.

One question -- If the clans dislike Rubi-Ka and the way Omni runs the planet so much, then why don't they just leave? If you stop whining about how your rights are infringed and how poorly you are treated, I'll pay for your launch shell to be loaded into the Notum cannons and fired into orbit.

Omni seems to see with only one eye..

First Breogan you're like my hero. You speak with such clarity and strength... its awesome! (in the older, stronger sense)...

Now to my main point...

Originally posted by Nistul
    And I suppose the lives of the men, women and children that were in the Entertainment apartment when a rogue clan decided to blow it up were not important? And, these are people that can't be recovered. They were either too young or too old to use insurance scanning. But, being the lawles,s low-life clan scum that you are, I suppose you view their deaths as ok since they lived in Omni territoires anyway and are just casualties of the war between us. I suppose it is justifiable, as long as it is under your terms. You clan make me sick with your hypocrisy. That you uphold the preservation of life and freedom, and then bomb innocents and deprivethem of these, you should not even feel fit to crawl out of the garbage piles that you live in.
    This is a classic example of what I mean. Many times it has been
    said that the Clans hate and deplore what Dust has done, but Omni advocates always ignore or forget it. We hate them too... Just because someone claims to be affiliated with us doesn't mean we agree with them. Omni-Tek could claim to be 'clan affiliated' too and it wouldn't change.
    Also, the omni and neutral guards have families too, but I continually see them being attecked by clan members.
    Another good example... You see the occasional clanner attacking neutral or omni guards... but you don't see the Omnis doing the same. Of course they do, but I guess that wouldn't make for neat argument and accusation...

As for being treated the way you claim, didn't the miners sign a contract? Weren't they aware that if they didn't work, they wouldn't get paid? It seems to me that laziness was more the issue here.

Omni provided them with a house, a steady job, a new planet to live on -- and the best you can do is say that the miners were unhappy with working conditions. Please. They should have known before they took a job as a miner, that mining is not the most pleasant of experiences.
    The miners, in almost every case had no choice as I'm sure Silaagor could tell you (well he has in other strings if not this one) the miners were not recruited, they were made... But not just made like the Blubbags as insentient mining devices, but made with hearts and minds, albeit incomplete. They signed no contract, they had no choice... it was work, or feel the whip.

The clans have done nothing but cause grief and havoc on this planet. They have caused more deaths in the multiple civil wars and uprisings than were ever at the hands of omni supervisors.

One question -- If the clans dislike Rubi-Ka and the way Omni runs the planet so much, then why don't they just leave? If you stop whining about how your rights are infringed and how poorly you are treated, I'll pay for your launch shell to be loaded into the Notum cannons and fired into orbit. said that the Clans hate and deplore what Dust has done
    And those who can't leave? Would you doom the Nanomages to a terrible, unimaginably painful death? I just wonder after all this is it really the Omni propaganda, or are you realy just so selfish and uncaring as an opressor

Well, most that needs to be said to discredit this worthless Omni propaganda drugged slave has been said so I will only say a few things.
    1- Breogan! That was awe inspiring! Nicely put!
    2- You cannot destroy the clans because we could flee to the wilderness. I am tired of explaining this. In the olden times of Earth, another oppressive dictatorship called the Soviet Union tried to take a county with an overwhelming force and far superior technology. The small group of natives kept the war going for 10 years before the Soviets turned back. They could capture the cities but they could not eradicate the natives from the wilderness. Neither can you. We can move. We can blend in. You can never hunt us all down. You just can't.
    3- You said it was a rogue clan that did the bombings and then go on to say that all the clans are terrorists. You are contradicting yourself. Contradicting yourself is A) evidence of telling a lie which you intend to tell, knowing it is not the truth, or B) telling a lie because Omni propaganda has confused you with its lies, thus confusing you and you not knowing what truly is the truth.

Uwen

Originally posted by Nistul
    And I suppose the lives of the men, women and children that were in the Entertainment apartment when a rogue clan decided to blow it up were not important?
    Just to keep things clear, yes, the lifes of the victims in Omni1 Entretainement were so valuable, so important, so irreplaceble that neither I, nor any of my clan-mates in the Rubi-Ka Reform Party, has EVER considered doing anything like that, and in fact, if I ever find up who did it, it would take all the strenght of my convictions in justice to not kill them in the spot and get them to trial.

Thats why also my clan is not involved in any kind of operation in Sabulum; not because we really believe you are conducting a legal police operation, but because we dont want to give you the proper legal excuse to launch an all out war with the clans, something other clans fail to realize.

And last, if you cant understand that the pain that the survivors of the bombing feel now that they lost loved ones is the same that the one the miners felt under an administration that FORCED them to work in HAZARDOUS conditions, like when all those miners where trapped and Omni REFUSED to save them cause it would hurt their benefits... then you are so blind I cant only pity you. Under your criteria, blowing up a building full of people and killing some of them, forever, its a criminal act, but letting some people die, buried alive, its ok cause they were workers and they knew the risks? Isnt the hand that set the timer as guilty of murder as the hand that refused to help?

I fear war is inminent, but just for history sake, when you find me in the battlefield, whatever the outcome, I will be there cause YOU drawed me there. I'll not commit the same mistakes as you, I will NOT paint everyone on the other side as a criminal, I will NOT justify murder on any principle, and I will NOT cause it, unless you start it first. Now its up to you to thread carefully in this planet. I WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS PLANET. I dont hate Rubi-Ka. I hate tyranny in Rubi-Ka. If my presence and my voice makes you feel so bad, come and get me. Without excuses, without "legal" operations, without using the murders as a justification. Just say it, just say "I hate there are people here in Rubi-Ka that think different than me and I hate they are free to do so in the North" and come to get me... I'm waiting.

President Breogan
    Rubi-Ka Reform Party
    Last edited by Breogan; Feb 1st, 2002 at 18:34:08.

If you really hate the Dust Brigade

Windie, if then clans truly deplore the Dust Brigade as you claim, why do you disrupt our attempts to stop them? Why do you hinder our investigation, attack our search parties?

Why do you not seek to eliminate those that claim to be affiliated with them? Why do you not turn your weapons against Redruum and Red freedom? Do you not know of their involvment? Are you closing your eyes? Or is it really more a case of you secretly applauding his methods?

If you are not with us, you are with them. And THEY must be destroyed, wiped from this planet. Help us fight them, and when we are done, we can once again return to the negotiation table and solve our differences like the civilized people I know we all are.

Hurrah! Breogan does it again!

I would just like to insert this here as further proof that my fellow clansmen and I will be here forever.
    29464 The Omni-Tek board on Omni Prime rejects a request from Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka for additional forces in the war with the clans. Notum production in the south is sufficient to meet current galactic demands. In addition, OT has to deal with a tattered reputation in the marketplace, and another war isn't helping.

29467 Crippled by the mother-corporation's refusal to ship additional forces to Rubi-Ka, Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka struggles against the onslaught of the dedicated and fearless clans.

So, as you can see, OTRK is having some problems with our fearless forces. It appears yo cannot muster this continiental force (even though you could not find us all even then).

And now for an exhibit of true character.

May 19
    29418 Sol Banking Corporation lands mechanised troops and war-machines on Rubi-Ka. Their objective is to seize control of Omni-Tek's notum operations. Omni-Tek receives unexpected help from the clans in the ensuing and drawn-out ground war.

29436 New scientific developments finally help Omni-Tek scientists create a 99.9% effective cell-scanning insurance technology. The technology is immediately made available to all OT employees on Rubi-Ka. But certain restrictions apply: Users have to be between the ages of 21 and 75. If the subject is too young or too old, the life-force appears to dissipate before reaching its new host. The technology cannot halt aging; it proves impossible to revert to an insured state more than a few weeks old. The restrictions require constant - and expensive - use of the technology to remain safely insured.

29458 The galactic economy finally gains momentum after the recession, and the demand for notum increases weekly. Omni-Tek asks the Council of Truth to reopen access to OT-owned mines in the north. The Council accepts, on the condition that the clans are compensated accordingly. Omni-Tek reluctantly concedes to the Council's demands.

29459 Omni-Tek begins operating the closed mines in the north, but fails to give the clans any windfall from the operations. Some clans that remain unaffiliated with the Council of Truth carry out attacks on OT troops, carriers, mines, and processing facilities.

August 26
    29461 Claiming the clans are disrupting commercial interests, Omni-Tek moves to reclaim all occupied territories by force.

29468 Omni-Tek has grown weary of war. Few large scale battles are fought, and outposts and minor strategic positions change hands every few weeks.

29469 After a virtual standstill of over a year, the war effort heats up with renewed and regular clan offences against the south. Omni-Tek forces prioritise guarding notum operations.

April 21
    29470 With the clans now less than fifty miles from Omni-1, dug down under a barrage of Omni-Tek fire, the third Rubi-Kan civil war is halted by a ninety-day ceasefire.

Hmmmm. Sol Banking and TruSpace attack OmniTek. The clans *help* them! The clans ask for insurance technology so we can help them more efficiently. OmniTek refuses. Ok, so the clans let it pass and continue helping, even though it is not there war, yet they are permanently dying for it. Then, once they have some money in the bank, OmniTek launches a war against the clans with a pathetic excuse for a reason that is obviously falsified (even the ICC think so). Ok then. OmniTek comes north, messes with the clans. The clans give them a proper beating and send them running. Then we come close to Omni-1. We could have conquered RubiKa easily. We signed a cease fire and pulled back.
    So, in conclusion, OmniTek repeatedly screws the clans over while they help OmniTek. Shows how "honourable" OmniTek is. And it shows how truly chivalrous the clans are. So, you Omnis that continue to say OmniTek is the best and without fault, you are brainwashed slaves and do not bother coming to these discussions at all.

Uwen
    Last edited by Uwen; Feb 2nd, 2002 at 15:30:58.

I’m aware that this thread has been lying dormant for some time…and I have been off planet for a long while. I’m not a person to drag up old discussions…but in this matter I simply have no choice but to comment.

This is the one of the most abhorrent, agenda-ridden, erroneous reconstructions of history I’ve ever seen, Uwen.

I would just like to insert this here as further proof that my fellow clansmen and I will be here forever.

29464 The Omni-Tek board on Omni Prime rejects a request from Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka for additional forces in the war with the clans. Notum production in the south is sufficient to meet current galactic demands. In addition, OT has to deal with a tattered reputation in the marketplace, and another war isn't helping.

29467 Crippled by the mother-corporation's refusal to ship additional forces to Rubi-Ka, Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka struggles against the onslaught of the dedicated and fearless clans.

So, as you can see, OTRK is having some problems with our fearless forces. It appears yo cannot muster this continiental force (even though you could not find us all even then).
    Read between the lines. The only thing that Omni Prime needs for sending out the dispatch is an increase in the demand for notum and an improved image. The demand for notum grows daily, and Philip Ross continues to be an increasingly popular figure for Rubi-Ka and Omni-Tek.

OTRK might not be able to wage war successfully against the clans, I never said they could…but for the entirety of OT, it’s a cakewalk.

“Oh!” You say, “That is not so! The clans will prevail! Even if you destroy our cities and send your million gazillion bazillion troops at us we’ll just run into the unterriformed regions and hide there and eat dirt and learn to breathe the noxious gas and build reclaim terminals out of beer bottles and continue to attack Omni-Tek mining installations with some rocks or something and…”

Well, gentlemen, I can point to past events as well, and history speaks louder.

June 23, 29222 - The first Rubi-Kan civil war ends when the last of the independent groups of former Omni-Tek employees known as the clans surrender their weapons and vehicles to OT forces.

We can beat you. We did beat you. Okay? Enough on that issue.

As for the rest of your fallacious statements, I think it’s only fair the public know some facts.

Sol Banking and TruSpace forces were on Rubi-Ka from May 19, 29418 to June 12, 29420. Cell-scanning insurance technology wasn’t available until 29436. It didn’t exit. We died permanently as well, Uwen.

As to the rather mysterious and vague claim that Omni-Tek waged war against the Clans “with a pathetic excuse for a reason that is obviously falsified”, I have no idea what you’re talking about…but I can tell you the official reason the third civil war began. Omni-Tek started mining notum from the installations that belonged to them and the Clans, as usual, wouldn’t keep track of fringe groups that sabotaged our machinery and murdered our employees.

Notice I said “wouldn’t” and not “couldn’t”. The Clans had the manpower and technology to force an offensive against our stationed troops, but couldn’t police themselves? I don’t think so. The real reason the third civil war happened was because the Clans wanted a cut of the profits, a percentage from land Omni-Tek rightfully owns. You think the Clans are a bunch of pristine goody-two shoes who actually care about ethereal concepts like “freedom” and “human rights”?

Wake up. The Clans are nothing but an overgrown organized crime syndicate; a Labor Union gone insane.

The Clans began as a ring of smugglers, supplying Sol Bank with enough stolen notum for the rival corporation to fund a war against Omni-Tek so the Clans could seize Omni-2 in the first civil war. In the second civil war, Clan extremists killed scores of Omni-Tek employees at four mining installations and the Clans, feigning incompetence, say, “Oh, we’re just a bunch of freedom lovin’ desert people. Even though rogues in our group managed to coordinate a large-scale attack aimed solely at murdering your citizens and cost you hundreds of billions of credits in the process, we just don’t know how to go about finding them. You deal with it…oh…but of course we’re not going to cooperate or anything. We’re ‘free’”. And as for the third civil war, well, Omni-Tek didn’t pay for protection, so the local bullies on the payroll roughed them up. The big dogs shrug their shoulders and don their masks while innocents die. The Clans are a whole new form of government…a mafiacracy.

You hear that, President Breogan? You can craft flowery speeches with that silver tongue of yours, but don’t insult us by claiming that your Council of Thugs are a circle of saints. At least I’m honest about the people I work for. I know it’s all for a cred and the luxury I get out of it is just scraps, but I’m fine with that. All the Clans can offer is a lie. It all boils down to money on this dustbowl. Only difference is the Clans are willing to steal and murder anyone in order to get it, because, of course, they’re “free”.

And even with all this chaos caused by the clans, you continue to speak of the evil of Omni-Tek, continually citing an incident that occurred two-hundred and forty seven years ago as proof of the evil of our "tyranny". The Dust Brigade is out there, and the people you’re angry with, the company you hate, is long gone.

But don’t worry, you can take vengeance on some of the great-great-grandchildren of the people responsible for the death of the seventy-two Atroxes if you like. Hey, why not take out the high-rise they live in with one of those trademark anti-matter bombs your people are so fond of using? Sure, you’ll kill a lot of innocents, but you can always promise to bring the criminals responsible to “justice”…when you have the time of course, seeing that you’ve got to clean the local river in Tir so residents can have a relaxing swim on weekends. No need to rush. We’ve got to prioritize, right?

Or maybe it’s time you reconsidered just who you’re batting for.

Yeah…you guys live “free”…and citizens of this planet and throughout the galaxy pay for it every day.

How’s that for an exhibit of true character?
    Last edited by OneSilkyCat; Feb 10th, 2002 at 18:26:49.
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

Ah so we are to submit, or be ground to paste beneath your jackboots, is that it?

Excuse me if I'd rather spit in your eye as I die.

You may kill us, but since I'm pretty sure that omniscience and omnipotence aren't current Omni-Tek offerings, its in doubt.

You will, however, never defeat us.

Once again, Silky has appeared to do nothing but regurgitate OmniTek propaganda. I have been encouraging OmniTek and clan cooperation, but this is absurd. All your claims you have already stated. You have already tried to tell us that freedom is worthless. You are a mindless slave who doesnt question his lord and master. You really just dont understand. I cant blame you, you've breathed more suppression gas than oxygen your entire life anyway. I really dont know how to say this any other way. OmniTek C A N N O T defeat, remove, et cetera adnaseum synonyms. The fringe clans are exactly that. Fringe clans. As in not the majority of us. You, once again, contradicted yourself. You said the fringe clans attack the mines and then said that all clanners are fringe. Its kind of impossible to have the whole group be the fringe. There has to be a fringe to be. The CoT is no Council of Thugs. They may be spineless, but they are no thugs. The Dust Brigade are thugs. The Dust Brigade are fringe. You entire arguement, once again, is merely regurgitated propaganda. I have heard Omni propaganda before. I dont need to hear it again here. If you cant think of anything original to say, please, dont come to these arguements.

Uwen

Angry

Welcome to the bureaucratic world of illusion and actuality, Uwen. I should think you’d be familiar with it, you being a clear example of what it embodies.

The “fringe groups” are fringe in the public arena to be sure…but how strange it is that with such organization and numbers making up their ranks that the CoT finds itself unable to locate them. Stranger still that their actions intensified when Omni-Tek refused to provide the Clans with windfall from their mining operations. Do you honestly expect me to believe that a group that had no outside support performed a highly organized attack on OT held interests that cost us hundreds of billions of credits? Don’t be so naïve. Someone’s funding and training them…and if you look at the developments of the third civil war, it’s most likely the Council of Thugs.

Also, if by being unoriginal you mean not ****ing up a post with blatant lies, then forgive me if my comments all have the same sound to them. Lies take many shapes; the ring of truth is always the same.

And all you have done, Uwen, is spread lies.

In “More reading for clanners ( this time for thoose how don't follow the CoT )” you lied about the legality of our actions in Sabulum in respect of the Tir Accords. You lied about the CoT’s support of our actions…and when you found that you had no legal basis for your beliefs, you abandoned your loyalties to the Council in an instant.

In this thread you lied about the history of Rubi-Ka, repeatedly. On insurance technology, on the causes of civil wars, and on the invincibility of the clans you have done nothing but make ludicrous statements, especially on the last issue where you made a specious comparison to the Soviet Union. Tell me, could the Soviets read life signs from space? Did they face an opponent as unfamiliar with the outlands as they were? Was there an advantage in military might as gargantuan as the one between Omni-Tek and the Clans? No. We succeeded in routing the North once before, and if we have the support from the ICC and Omni-Prime we had then, we can do it now.

I’ve heard enough of your vague words of malice and watched you jump from one lie, one loyalty, to the next. I now know just what you are.

A scavenger. An opportunist. A megalomaniac. A man so brainwashed with libertarian ideals that he feels justified in engaging in any immoral act to fulfill his insane pipedream, the “Democratic Rubi-Ka”…under Grand President Siwinski, no doubt.

Well, that will remain a dream.

The people of this planet will see you for who you are, General, I will make sure of it. Every perversion of truth you utter will be catalogued, every attempt you make at establishing credibility for yourself will be blocked, and the name Dustin "Uwen" Siwinksi will be placed with that of every ambitious warlord who had spun a web of lies that eventually ensared them.

May the desert winds scatter your ashes.
    Last edited by OneSilkyCat; Feb 11th, 2002 at 12:40:58.
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

Thumbs up Inspiring

Wow, that was an inspiration to read, Silky! Your words are like a clear light of reason shining through the clan-created veil of darkness, ignorance and violence that hangs over this planet. *That* sentiment is why I joined Omni-Tek. With people like you at the top, it won't be long before the clans are swept off of Rubi-Ka into the DUSTbin of history.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

/ooc
    That was nice!

Uwen
    Last edited by Uwen; Feb 14th, 2002 at 13:40:27.

Unhappy Dust Brigade are true enemies

I have many reasons to distrust and dislike Omni-Tek. Most of them I have re-iterated time and time again, so I will spare you my standard discourse. (Atrox must be a full breed!, Miners are mistreated, etc.) My comments on these issues can be found many other places.

My current focus is the Dust Brigade. I was in Tir, minding my own business, heading to Fair Trade, when the masked commandos arrived and began shooting down everyone in sight. Affiliation makes no difference to them. They will attack (and kill) neutral, Clan, and OT alike. I myself got an all-expenses-paid trip to the nearest insurance booth. But at least I went down fighting.

There could not be a worse possible time for the amnesty to end. Any chance of a group effort against the fringe terrorist elements on Rubi-Ka is pretty much gone. Now we all get to be victims.

If the Dust Brigade had an agenda, a reason for their activities, a grievance to be righted, perhaps I could respect their views, if not their methods. They have shown, however, that negotiation is not their business. Terror is.

I will gladly spout one-sided philosophy back and forth on the nets as so many of us do. I am just curious; what can we do about the Dust Brigade?

- Sllaagor
    Clan - Atrox Enforcer

Question "What can we do about the Dust Brigade?"

((Thanks for the comments. I was worried I was turning into a lunatic for a second.))

My time is short, so I'll make this brief.

"We" aren't doing anything.
    Omni-Tek is the judge and jury on this rock, as stated in the Tir Accords Annex 2B.

It's quite possible this whole mess could have been avoided if the Clans had followed the decree of the Council of Truth in the Sabulum matter, allowing Omni-Tek to proceed in their investigation.

They didn't, and now everyone's paying for their misconduct.

If you want to do us the favor of cleaning house and turning them over to Omni-Pol, we'd appreciate the gesture.

Other than that, step aside, and allow us to perform our peacekeeping duties. (Or "Gestapo Tactics" as you often prefer to label them).

Unpleasant as we find it, It's our job to mop up your mess.
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast