Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tir Accord broken by Omni - Why does the CoT not appear to acknowledge it?

Exclamation Tir Accord broken by Omni - Why does the CoT not appear to acknowledge it?

As we all know Omni-pol sent out forces to investigate "supposed terrorist activity" in Sabulum - according to the Tir accord they are free to do this IF it's in "the interest of national security".

But now we see Omni-tek Armed Forces in CLAN territory. This a clear violation of the Tir Accord.

In the Tir Accord it's stated clear and firm that:
    "Omni-Tek military will not operate within the Council allocated districts with exceptions:
    Exception 1: Omni-Tek will be allowed standard secutity forces present at their notum mining facilities.
    Exception 2: Omni-Tek will be allowed standard security forces to accompany any shipment of notum from their facilities in the Council allocated district"

The presence of Omni-tek Armed Forces in Sabulum is thus A CLEAR VIOLATION OF THE TIR ACCORD because this is not a matter of notum mining or transportation.

WHY does the council not seem to bother pointing this out - neither to the good people it is supposed to guide nor to the violators themselves - Omni-Tek?

WHY does it seem that the CoT is more interested in making Omni-Tek happy than protecting its own people from wrong-doings?

WHY do the good people of the Clans accept this traitorous behaviour from the CoT?

Let's drag those people who are supposed to be working for us out of their ivory tower and show them the reality those of who were in Sabulum have seen: Killings of clan-affiliated innocents right in front of Omni-Pol. And what did Omni-Pol do? Nothing.

I ask you good people of the clans - is it not time that we do NOT follow the way of the oppressor when we bear witness to wrongful doings? I for one will not say to my future grandchildren that I too did nothing.
    Last edited by Chemic; Jan 27th, 2002 at 23:11:03.
    Maleficium, doc. med.
    Member of the New Dawn guild

There is a very technical point that is being overlooked, but the "military" force currently in Sabulum is there by defining itself as a "Police" force under Omni-Pol, and is allowed to be there by terms of tir Accord as long as, their numbers are accounted by Omni-Tek with consultation by the Council, any additional activity by Omni-Pol beyond that dictated by national security is by Council sanction, and no Council or affiliated people within Counci-allocated districts are "available for questioning."

So far, Omni has reported to the Council about Omni-Pol's presence in this out-of-the-way town, but has not recieved permission to to bring in the armed forces. What is happening right now is the Council is trying to decide whether this is worth going to war over. Omni-Tek must feel that this is an issue of national security to do what they do. However if the Council decides otherwise, then the situation will really blow up.

From all indications, the peace between Omni and Clan is very shortly going to be over, and war will break out. I hope that it will not be the case, and that peace can still be made between the Council and Omni. However, the ball is now in Omni's court. If Omni-Tek is unwilling to persue peace and negotiation with the Council, the voices for peace within the Council will not stop a war.

Get out of Omni territory while you still can. Things are about to get nasty.

Annex 1A: Territorial Division
    Point four.

"Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka, but will leave the Council to supervise the areas of Tir, Tir Country, Athen, Athen Shire, Aegan, Northern Artery Valley, The Big One, Avalon, Mort, Newland, and Western Endless Plains."

Sabulum is in the Perpetual Wasteland, and is not one of the areas listed under those to be supervised by the Council.

That means it's under the jurisdiction of Omni-Tek.

Also, the section of the Tir Accord you've quoted, namely Annex 2A: Military Presence, has been amended about six years ago. We no longer are permitted to mine notum nor maintain a military presence at mining facillities in Council governed territories...now you mine and ship the notum for us. (Point 4 of Annex 1B: Resources and Resource Management still in effect after the Amendment)

Mr. Radiman has signed this document. You are honor-bound as a member of the Clans under the governing body of the Council of Truth to abide by it. Please read it more thoroughly next time before making such incendiary statements.

Be so kind as to allow us to conduct our investigation. The Terrorists responsible for the bombing of December 20th, 29475 are a threat to every citizen of Rubi-Ka.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    Lt. Jaime "Silky" Kiewiet
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

something that bugs me about all these... Some of the names don't match... (AKA Western Endless plains and The Big One). Anyone know where those are, and are either one in PW?

http://beta.anarchy-online.com/world/map.html

Check out the northwestern parts.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

hehe clanners, move your clanner butt out of PW, its OT.

If you are there for none hostile entintions, then you can be there

I t was clanenrs who broke the Tir accord, clanenrs like Snarf and Redruum, and all the other renegades, and i mean on both sides.

OOC: Western Endless Plains and The Big One are both currently unavailable playfields. The Plains have the city of Sparta in them...
    The Big One looks like another "look, we can draw dirt" plain.
    End OOC...

Well, people have pointed out that Omni-Tek "owns" the Perpetual Wastelands. However, isn't it a fairly clear violation of the Tir Accords that Omni maintains a military base in Avalon?

Oh wait, let me gauge your response...

"LALALALALALA I'm not listening to you LALALALALLA"

Tir Accord broken by Omni - Why does the CoT not appear to acknowledge it?

My dear Silky,

Omni-tek Arrogance will not make your claims truer - neither that I was unaware that Omni-Tek Armed forces now are completely forbidden access to Clan territory.

What excactly do you mean I did not read thoroughly in the Tir Accord? I suspect you thought I meant that the armed forces are in the city of Sabulum - well, mate - technically that is fine, but there is only one way you are going to get into Sabulum and that is through Clan Territory. Thus the Tir accord WAS violated no matter what kind of petitese and insignificant arguments you were able to establish about notum.

And as Canary pointed out it seems that Omni-Tek employees are brainwashed to ignore what they cannot defend: why did you not comment the fact that people in the peace keeping force sent by the CoT (and authorized by Omni-Tek) were attacked by omni employees? And why did Omni-Pol do nothing about it even though innocents were slaughtered right in front of them? Moreover Omni-Tek armed forces attacked the LEGAL peace keeping force when we tried to defend ourselves from the assailants - which we were in all legal rights to do.

In fact the clan peace keeping force left without having any lifeblood on our hands except for that of our brothers and sisters shed by Omni hand. Can Omni-Pol and Omni armed forces say the same when they leave Sabulum?

The kindest regards
    Last edited by Chemic; Jan 28th, 2002 at 14:13:35.
    Maleficium, doc. med.

the only way?

You are making a classic mistake my friend, there are many ways into the Perpetual Wastes.
    a. Through Mort, as you have stated. Yes that is CoT administered. (note: the press releases did state that OT HAD permission of CoT to move troops to PW).;
    b. Orbital Insertion. (ooc: this is the future here we are playing in, spaceships and such do exsist)
    b. Other Land Routes. This is a planet we are on, not a flat plane. (ooc: jsut because you and I can not travel to these places does not mean they do not exsist)

Lyda Carnalla

p.s. would you all stop shooting each other, I would like to be delivering babies instead.

Post Tir Accord is a piece of paper.

Originally posted by Chemic

I ask you good people of the clans - is it not time that we do NOT follow the way of the oppressor when we bear witness to wrongful doings? I for one will not say to my future grandchildren that I too did nothing.
    Unfortunately I cannot as yet have "future grandchildren", and that is the point of my opposition to Omni-Tek.

Atroxes cannot breed. This was by Omni-Tek design, to control me and those like me. To use us as machines, to use us up. Oh, they give us "human" names and family names, but that is a sick
    joke. No offspring will bear my name nor take my genes.

I hear much prattle about this "Tir Accord" piece of paper, but no one seems to want to discuss OT's crimes against humanity. No OT defends their corp's decision to make Atroxes sterile, few Clansmen say that they will stand with me. All seem to ignore the fact that there is one human breed on this planet that is less than human and treated like a work animal.

I have no time for politics, my breed's future is at stake. I will make a difference, even if I have to stand alone, even if I have to die trying.

- Sllaagor
    Clan Atrox Enforcer

A classic mistake you say - aye, if I was only assuming this. But in contrast to your assumption that I was the one assuming I saw with my own eyes armed omni affiliates roaming Mort on their way to and from Sabulum - and you could find dozens of others that could vouch for this.
    I was personally killed near Mort by a roaming band of Omni employees while on my way to Sabulum to aid those in need of my medical skills (clan or omni). The wonders of modern technology may have restored my body - but it will take much more to restore my faith in Omni wanting peace when they kill a doctor with no other intentions than that of healing the wounded.
    Also the next day I was part of the peace keeping force sent by CoT which was also attacked by Omni employees without any aggressive behaviour at all from our part. Even then - when the atrocities were commited right in front of Omni-Pol they did not respond by arresting the aggressors.
    And you hypocrites dare say we support terrorists when you tolerate murderers in your staff terrorising Clan innocents.

Sllaagor, I appreciate what you are pointing out, and I personally support your stand in this. I have dedicated parts of my medical studies to this exact problem, but it seems that it will take years of studies yet to implement sexuality into the atrox breed. One thing is for sure - you, nor I will stand alone.

The kindest of regards,
    Maleficium, doc. med.

Smile

I thank you, Chemic. Perhaps next time you are travelling through/to a hostile area to aid others you would appreciate a strong, loyal Atrox at your back. I can't say how much difference it would have made (I am still fairly inexperienced) but I would gladly stand beside you.

<OOC: Lvl 14 Enforcer, Give me a /tell sometime, let's adventure! /OCC>

I am also heartened by the news that someone Clan-affiliated is researching the Atrox genetic structure. Omni-Med could end my and my breed's suffering very quickly if they chose to. Alas, they do not, leaving us to flounder.

You have restored my faith in my quest, at a desperate time, when it was sadly lacking. If I can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to call on me.

- Sllaagor
    Clan Atrox Enforcer

To Chemic: My most profound applogies for you troubles.

I too am a life saver not a merchant of death. I still remember a grim day a few months ago when I was summoned to Athen to heal. At that time the Borg where attacking, my orders where clear and simple (i like them that way): "Heal everyone." After the Borg had been beaten back, I left your fair city to you all. Imagine my complete and utter surprize upon leaving the grid at Omni-hq, I was gunned down by a rogue clanner.

It would seem that in fact both sides have parties that revel in killing. My deepest wish is that someday I will have treated my last combat wound, but slim hope on a planet where everyone seems hell-bent on killing each other.

Degenerates of society hide behind both sides... Omni, Clan and (it pains me to say) even money driven Neutrals. It is unfortunate that many on both sides of the conflict, despite there supposed ideals and moral constitutions use their plight and/or legal rights as just cause to murder innocents whether they be Omni, Clan or Neutral.

Crymson Lance was formed in order to protect individuals be they Omni, Clan or Neutral... All citizens of Rubi-Ka. Those who strive for their independence, such as the strong and proud Sllaagor, and seek their identity in this harsh realm of Rubi-Ka will receive our full support independent of their affiliation be it Omni, Clan or otherwise. Peace can only be accomplished through action... Not by documents, not by actions of War and senseless violence, but by Resolving differences and coming to the realization that Life is far more precious than Notum.
    Last edited by Cyani; Jan 28th, 2002 at 21:55:31.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Seloth- While there may be other routes to get into Sabulum, they went through clan territory. Even though they may have followed the law and been orbitally inserted or whatever, they didn't. They broke the law by going through clan territory.

Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Uwen...as Seloth and I have stated, Omni-Tek gained permission from the Council to move through the area of Mort.

Mind you, the Corporation wasn't required to, as plainly evident in Annex 2B: Police Investigation of the Tir Accord...but did so out of common courtesy and respect.

Laws have been broken by rogue operators on both sides of the fence...but these things happen all too often, unfortunately, and accusations tend to outweigh documented evidence. I believe Omni-Tek and the Clans to be made up of people like you and I, sound and rational beings...but we must remain wary of dissidents in our ranks. I suggest the next time you find yourself under unwarrented attack from an Omni-Tek employee to take evidence of his wrong-doing. (screenshots)

The only course we can take to prevent the coming of yet another era of bloodshed is one of diligence and proper conduct, even in the face of gross injustice. To fall into the downward spiral of reflexive violence and hot-headed bloodshed is to sew the seeds of war and to hand Rubi-Ka to the degenerates.

Honor agreements and keep the saftey on. This planet will see these troubling times through to the end.
    Last edited by OneSilkyCat; Jan 29th, 2002 at 03:21:07.
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

Yes, unfortunately, I am going to have to concur with Annex 2B and the items listed under it. However, I must argue with the aforementioned annex. It gives OmniTek far too much power in the accords. The people that decide what a threat to "national: (read: company) security is the "threatened". Thus, they can wave this around and do whatever they want in the name of "national" security.
    And, although there are rational people out there, (Seloth, Chagidiel, Silky, and I like to think myself one), there are those who puff out their chests, thump them, and say "The clans are no match for OmniTek! We do not even need to worry about the clans! We are too large and too powerful to worry about some stupid rebels!" I know I have heard them. To them I say: If we are of no concern, what could possibly threaten the "national" security of OmniTek? However, I doubt they come to these discussions much other than to do more of the same chest puffing.
    And finally, how does a company get to have a national security threat? Shouldnt that be a nation?

Uwen

Omni-Tek is recognized by the Tir Accords under Annex 1A as the "Superior Governing Body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka."

That establishes the corporation as the ruling party, the government, of those areas not under Clan rule.

While it may be gauche to use a definition to support a statement and argue semantics, it seems to be in order.

A nation could best be understood as a "relatively large group of people organized under a single, usually independent government".

Therefore, those areas under Omni-Tek control could most definitely be considered part of a nation, whose ruling party happens to be a branch of a corporation.

Now...your concern over the bias of those in power affecting their call for a national emergency is a valid one...unfortunately, the problem is unavoidable. For a nation to be effective in defending its sovereignty, it must be able to act in a quick, decisive manner. This requires executive power to be embodied in a small circle of people.

Rubi-Ka is, and will be for a great stretch of time, in crisis. Mutants, Cyborgs, and rival corporations such as Sol Banking remain a source of conflict on this planet. It is by the grace of a non-aggression pact between Clan and Omni-Tek that we have been able to repel the relentless attacks. Let us not destroy the unity that gives us shelter from the storm.

If forced into direct conflict, Omni-Tek can easily take possession of this planet. This is not “chest-thumping” but a matter of comparing military capability. The Clans are clearly out-matched and live in desert areas with little to no coverage and concealment.

However, Omni-Tek National Security is threatened by the surreptitious and unscrupulous civilian-targeted attacks performed by terrorists hiding within and behind clan territory. This is the problem of having to deal with a loosely structured government that is unable to take responsibility for those living within its territory.

Innocents have been murdered. As long as these terrorists live free, citizens live their lives in fear. Their apprehension is of the highest importance…and the matter must be taken into the hands of Omni-Pol.

To be frank, the Council and the Clans do not have the ability to bring these criminals to justice. They are either unwilling to compromise trivial tenets of “freedom” in order to perform this task or do not have a government with enough enlisted man-power and internal structure to conduct the investigation properly. This is not an attack on the Clans; it is simply a truism of radically libertarian, tribal forms of government.

Also, the Clans simply do not consider the matter of such grave import, as does Omni-Tek, and places the cleansing of the toxic material in Tir’s river above it. This is entirely understandable. Each government has troubles of its own, and must prioritize accordingly.

If Omni-Tek cannot ensure the safety of its citizens and its sovereignty on this planet while the Clans remain uncooperative, ICC will allow us to commence a full-scale assault on Clan occupied territory, and Omni-Tek will be forced to perform this horrid task. While this path will lead to a “victory” for Omni-Tek, it will also result in great loss of life, for both sides.

Therefore, it is in the best interests of all parties concerned that the Council give Omni-Tek their full and unconditional support in rooting out the criminals in their midst.

To bring things to a more personal level…y’know…Omni-Tek isn’t a monster. We have strong beliefs in the sanctity of human life and human rights. We’re idealists, as you are.

You must understand our perspective…though this might sound strange for a Clanner to hear…this possible war in development is a fight for freedom.

Democracy has failed. Democracy gave rise to Farma-Tek, to the darkness and tyranny of the Omega. Corporate rule under the jurisdiction of ICC has given us the perfect balance of force and regulation to establish peace for tens of thousands of years.

“Revolution” is a curious cry for those seeking progress…for it comes from the word “Revolve”. It moves us in a circle…back to the beginning…to make our mistakes all over again…

Imagine for a moment that, miraculously, the Clans succeed.
    Colonies and Planets across the universe hear of your feat.
    They rebel, following your example.
    Companies crumble.
    ICC collapses.

…in the cesspool of anarchy stretching across galaxies…the Omega rise again.

This is, of course, quite the worst-case scenario. If you were to against all odds force Omni-Tek off Rubi-Ka, you’d probably have enough time for a quick kumbaya around the campfire before Sol Baking or whoever’s next in line drops on the planet…a fresh n’ ready corporation that views you not as neighbors but as a conquered people, a government a hundred fold more oppressive than the “fascist” Omni-Tek.

Most likely, Omni-Tek will just take full control of this planet if you persist in your pugnacious disposition.

I don't know how to further show the futility of Clan-aggression.

So look…let us avoid these nasty developments...just cooperate...please...
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

I am sorry but you are mistaken in a few areas.
    1- The "nation" of OmniTek is not a nation that just "happens" to be ruled by a branch in a corporation. The "nation" is the corporation (/ooc for all intents and purposes OmniTek RK is OmniTek). Everything was built by the corporation. Everything is built to serve the corporation. Everything, no matter how indirect, is built to increase profits. While, yes, they do rule over many people, this means that they are a big company. This does not mean they are a nation.
    2- We have no coverage or concealment? Have you ever been to the North? There are mountains and hidden valleys as thousands of tiny little outposts we could live at. You can *never* destroy the clans. I do not care how large a military you bring in. I do not care about your capabilities. You could *never* remove us from this planet. You will *never* be able to find us all and keep us down. And then of course, we could move to uncharted lands *if* you ever manage to kick us out of our towns.
    3- Please, give me enough respect to keep Omni propanganda down to a minimum. Do not tell me that democracy fails and that we cannot have freedom and liberty. Do NOT tell me OmniTek is fighting for freedom. They are the oppressors. What do they have to be free from? ICC regulations about safety?
    4- Yes, when we win, we will have problems with Sol Banking and others. But that brings me to the main point of my response.

RubiKa needs OmniTek. RubiKa needs a democracy. RubiKa needs cooperation. RubiKa needs the clans. Here is my solution-
    OmniTek declares that they are only a temporary government on RubiKa. Delegates from every clan and every neutral organisation and every OmniTek faction meet in Borealis. They decide upon a constitution for the Democratic Republic of RubiKa. A majority vote from all the delegates and the constitution is ready. They ratify it. OmniTek tells all who wish to do so to run for the office of prime minister. OmniTek holds a vote for all citisens of RubiKa. The winner and his/her running partner are in office. A Parliamentary Council is formed from delegates from the old clans, old neutral organisations, old OmniTek factions. OmniTek hands over all governmental branches. OmniTek hands over its military. OmniTek increases profits by cutting maintainence. OmniTek still mines notum. True freedom and democracy is obtained, with all factions still intact and able to defend themselves. Sol Banking is cut from the picture. Peace is finally here. Any clans that rebel against freedom and democracy will be vigourously hunted and subdued, for they are our current day warmongers. Perhaps this can never be, but I do not see how RubiKa could survive in any other route. This is the best, and only, future for RubiKa.
    /ooc
    ok, ok, I got a couple of my ideas from the yanks

Uwen

Unhappy Democracy to plutocracy

History has shown that democracy inevitably becomes plutocracy when corps become involved, but it is a better solution than an entire planet run (and run into the ground) for the enrichment of OT shareholders.

Rubi-Ka is a large planet. There is plenty of room for everyone, plenty of notum to go around. The problem lies with OT. They believe that they can rule Rubi-Ka without the approval and consent of those they govern. That attitude leads to rebellion.

I disagree that Sol Banking should be cut out from the picture. I see a place for them in democratic Rubi-Ka. They will act as a counterbalance to OT. OT dominates Rubi-Ka "legally" according to the ICC ... no one resisted this because OT did not make important parts of their survey (the parts pertaining to notum!) public. Then they paid off everyone who was in a position to
    deny them their "rights" with the profits from notum sale. I feel that a democratic Rubi-Ka should be opened up to other
    corporations as well.

This is all wonderful speculation, but does nothing to further MY cause. The Atrox must be a full breed. Omni-Tek must make that happen or make available the information to allow it to happen.

- Sllaagor
    Clan - Atrox Enforcer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast