Thread: Tara needs to lose loot

Tara needs to lose loot

I think the best solotion for all Tara problems is just to redistribute the loot from the Tara to other mobs in the game --

The only thing that should drop off Tara, I think, is:

all the Dragon armor
    the EOT
    the poker

Thats it.

The rest needs to be put on other mobs -- hopefully more challenging ones.

Tara is too easy, e.g. to have GPH, the range of the gear on Tara is overall not appropriate to the difficulty of killing it. Some of the gear, like the adventurer only stuff, is really not appropriate on Taram and would be better as an extended quest.

All this is an artifact of when Camelot was IT -- the only high lvl content, so it became a a dumping ground for all the cool gear. But this is no longer the case, and FC really has to step up and redistribute the gear, like they did with Triplumbo...

Additionally, if some of it was redistributed, then it would improve the game dramatically by making people do SOMETHING else -- (especially for lazy Rimor hehe)
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

The poker? Why? lol

~Chris

i want a poker..
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU

For the exact same reason that everything on that list should be on Tara....it has dragon in the name

Now if they would only rename some of that crap lol

Remove the godamned Adv loot. Make that crap mission items and make only drop Dragon armor and HPO, GPH, EOT and the other cool item, but for god sake, remove the adv junk...

I agree with removing the Adv stuff. I understand "vagely" why the Adv loot was put there to begin with. I think the Hood and Coat should be somewhat hard to get.

But it drops way to rare of the dragon, and it makes it rather difficult to get.

I'm still attending raids whenever they happen, JUST for the Cloak.

Maybe one day I'll finally get it.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Honestly, the only reason that Tara is being killed by 150-200 is becuase of social restrictions. Tara is not a difficult mob for people 150-200, it is a joke. I mean, even a NM engie at 200 can tank the thing....

The problem is that the loot covers such a wide range of levels for utility. Much of it is most useful between 100 and 140. Then there are a few items like the chest for MAs, the EoT, and the GPH that are extremely useful post 150.

Tara however, is a challenge for people 100-150 and honestly should be being killed by those individuals.

Since there is unfortunately a naming overlap with the mob, it seems that a dragon of some sort should be dropping the harder items. Even having a spawn of a much more difficult dragon elsewhere that had a high chance of dropping the items more appropriate to the lvl 150+ crowd would be a welcome change.

Re: Tara needs to lose loot

Originally posted by Routeen
    and FC really has to step up and redistribute the gear, like they did with Triplumbo...
    Pfft if they do that they better actually put it on something unlike rust-pitted which nobody has found since they moved it...Would make for a lot of unhappy paying customers if they 'forgot' to put that stuff somewhere.
    Yagyu for life

Good pt Kai, hehe I wonder where that ring went...

But I think the way Tara is right now really hurts the game overall.

Putting all those items on Tara just condemns people to kill a very easy mob over and over again, and endure the the inevitable greed and politics that come with it.

GPH in particular needs to be elsewhere -- (I have one, so that is not the source of my complaint...)
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

Rot.. I guess you were not there when we killed OI for 4 hours before a OE spawned... and then didnt drop the item it was supposed to.

PATHETIC FUNCOM PATHETIC!!! IF OE FINALLY SPAWNS HAVE HIM DROP THE STUPID SOLIDER ITEM!!!

So.. please don't have funcom wave the nerf stick around you never know how badly it may go wrong.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

I think the loot table is fine, but I think she should drop more items when she dies.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Drastic Changes: Modify Camelot.

An idea I posted a while back, but wasn't really discussed much before sinking into the bottom.

Yeah, that is in essence the same idea Phi. Not sure why they have to be in Camelot, but it could work.

Bottom line, the current system just promotes endless grinding -- it isnt fun, no one likes it, and a loot shift is an easy, sensible, and very viable fix.
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

i agree with the harder dragon.. im a 135 trader and i dont even get to see tarasque.... i just think it would be cool if us lower ppl got to have a chance at killing him =))
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

PATHETIC FUNCOM PATHETIC!!! IF OE FINALLY SPAWNS HAVE HIM DROP THE STUPID SOLIDER ITEM!!!
    Could not agree more. Please add some worth while loot on PH as well or increase the chance of of spawning the real biatch. This is aimed for all new uniques.