Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tara RK2 > Loot

Post Tara RK2 > Loot

ok , most people around on rk2 now probably dont know me , mostly because i left the game 8 months ago and reactivated 2 weeks or so ago, most hig lvls i see around nowadays wherent in the game when i left , or around lvl 30 ..still there are a few of the peeps i knew when i left still around ....

since i returned iw been at a few tara raids , and since clannet wasent in the game when i left , i started out empty ....
    on all the raids iw been at before i diddent win annything , noone really knew about what to do with the dragon flesh , and we helped docs /engies etc to get the gph`s it wasent really a rush to get uber loot more like a social thing to do with friends...
    in all the tara raids iw done before and in all the tara raids iw done so far i havent won annything , this in it self is not what im puzzeled about , its when i see a dragon armor peice drop (chest in my case, and prolly for a lot of other peeps) i see people who allready got the armor enter in the roll , and i mean wtf , yeah sure youd prolly like it for your alt or whoever , but honestly even tho you make a effort and help others out by joining the raids , why should one guy have a full set of dragon armor on his main and alts and one higlevel have nada , you might say its just that i need to go more and get more points , but iw seen a lot of other peeps like me who dont got the armor participate and then some dudes who got it all joins just to get it for alts or sell it for 350+ mill creds , i mean wtf whats wrong with this greedy crap , cant you left your fellow players get a friggin peice of armor on their mains, just coz you gotta make your alts uber?... it just makes me dissapointed over how the comunity is now....

a adv item drops from tara , 10 advs want it and then 10 other peeps joins just to sell it or give it to their lvl 70 advs(if you want it for your low lvl adv that cant go to tara, lvl the char up and enter with him then ) , why cant there just be introduced a item system at tara that is fair for thoose who dosent have annything and so on

...like ...is it doable to devide items up in classes
    going like this :
    Dragon Chest : once you got it , you cant roll for it
    Dragon Arms: able to win this twice
    Dragon legs : once you got it you cant roll for it
    Dragon Feet: once you got it you cant roll for it
    GoC /GoS: able to win this twice
    Robust: once you got it you cant roll for it
    Adv items : only adventurers can roll
    Gph: once you got it you cant roll for it

etc etc etc ....

yes you might say im a twat and that i should **** off , i dont mind it if you wanna flame me to hell and beyond, but i feel that to earn theese items , you should go to tara with the CHARACTER you want to roll with , not go with you lvl 200 who got mostly everything and roll for your lvl 100 enf for instance...

iw talked to some people in my guild and they say (and i dont doubt em ) that it was alot worse before the clannet came up, but to me its still a bit off , taking in all iw said above...heck iw seen the effort the clannet peeps put up and i gotta say its nice that some people can bother ...but still the loot things isent really how it should be , at least imho....

Very well said. It makes me sick that people can be wearing d chest, and then win it again. Most of the time it shows up on forums 10 mins after they win it . This is annoying because i'm not the only one who has been there for 60 + raids and cant win something i need because someone else wants to sell it. I wont even get started on how it seems that some of the admins have extra chests and stuff lying around to bid on forums and stuff, but it really sucks that its nearly impossible for the people who accually need the stuff to win it.

Dragon Chest : once you got it , you cant roll for it
    Dragon Arms: able to win this twice
    Dragon legs : once you got it you cant roll for it
    Dragon Feet: once you got it you cant roll for it
    GoC /GoS: able to win this twice
    Robust: once you got it you cant roll for it
    Adv items : only adventurers can roll
    Gph: once you got it you cant roll for it
    This would be great, but most of the people who go to tara dont understand what need b4 greed is =/

IMO, a way to do this instead of the individual person winning, would be to have the rolls be for the guilds, and certain guild members could distribute the loot to the people who were at the raid and who need it, instead of the people who want to sell it.

Doign something like that would also increase the value of tara loot, because not as much of it would be on forums, and it would show which people / guilds are the ones who are willing to put need before greed.

#3 of spilts non-spam semi-usefull posts.
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU

anny clannet admins wanna share their thoughts with us on this one?, .....is it doable , would you do it?

guild rolling for instance would be great , at least imho

Sounds good to me, since i don't have anything.

BUT when time passes by (Sorry for the language, been playing Zelda ) the ones that got it all won't be at tara anymore and we won't be abel to kill the sob... or?
    Cheers!

Ihate "Pervo" Mynick

wait wait wait..
    could it be?
    ppl not flaming my idea of guild rollings?
    ^^

and, if everyone had what they needed everyone would be happy

SPLIT > YOU

Ethernal.. plz flame my idea... plz..

SPLIT > YOU

Split, that is a horrid idea. It doesn't favor the people who go to tara! .. or something! like that! yea...

~Chris

ut o.. ethernals not making any sense.

SPLIT > YOU

Not a bad idea.
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

I'd be happy if this change happend... but then I'm not at every single raid rolling for items I've got 2 extras of in the bank already .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

So someone who blitzed anima's for 40+ hours of gameplay and bought himself a dragon chest, isn't allowed to roll for one and get it the "easy" way ?

And how are you going to check if someone already has those items ? And even if they are wearing it, how do you know the item belongs to that person, and he didn't borrow it ?

I do agree that people who already won (not bought) an item, who roll again for that item, are somehow lame. Your suggestion is not realistic because there's no way to check who has what and what belongs to who. If clannet even tries to introduce a rule saying you can't win an item you already have, people will be doing damage teams in no time.

ok , it might be unrealistic , but what you say also shows how greedy some people are (i mean please... dmg teams just to get the armor you allready got , and rolling for friends style , let your friends do as the rest of us , go to tara and EARN it ), if it was possible to tell the clannet bot who had the dragon chest , and then mark them out etc , it would work , its mostly the fact that some people still havent gotten the items and still thoose who have em roll that ruins the system atm...

if you got everything on the char your at tara doing raids with then youw gotten your fair share and going there then would be to help your guild /friends/or community members getting it(guild rolls if they where introduced etc), or just to help your community (yes help them getting the loot they probably helped you get , only they werent lucky enough to get the rolled item) , if not make a new char and go to tara ...
    its not unfair even tho you have spendt a lot of time at tara with the char , whats unfair is that some got tons and other nothing ,and they have all helped killing the mob...

so before annyone makes a reply here saying that they feckin well earned to be able to roll on each peice that drops since theyw been at tara a lot with their main and gotten the armor /item beeing rolled , but still wanna get something off tara since their helping everyone with their dazzling pressence... can you solo tara ? , could you have gotten that peice without the help of your friends and other players?, lots of people come to the raids more than enough people to kill tara 10 times over, its not just 1 guy that did everything, its a mass of players that do this and in turn might get a peice themselves or help another guy get one...

as for buying a dchest , someone had that chest you bought and higly likely another peice too because they rolled for another and got it , then they made profit on a peice of loot someone else had done just as much to get ...its just crap that you even need to buy it ...

as for what Crestfall is saying maybe it aint doable but its still worth to hope since it seems like some people feel that they , by beeing on all the raids have earned it...even tho they werent soloing tara , others was there too , and helped

as for tara , funcom is lying " You might be able to kill this alone , but its gonna be tough" (or however it goes)...bleh...

just a few thoughts:

I like the current because, although its not perfect, it does ensure that any clanner wanting to participate in a Tara raid gets a fair shot at winning loot. I'm sure the system could be enhanced; but I'm not really convenienced I like either of the ideas proposed in this thread. The reasons being (1) personally, i think an individual should have an equal chance of winning loot regardless of guild and (2) sometimes people need to trade items to get something they need more at the moment but would still like to get the original item at some point in time (these issues could probably be resolved in by refining the proposals).

I've been to a crap load of clannet raids (80+ i think) and I've only won one useful item in a clannet roll. One of my best in game friends has been saving his points since clannet started (100ish pts total now) and still has no GPH. I also won a dragon chest in a non-clannet roll and traded it for things I really needed at the time (but I'd still like to get one someday). I say these things just so you all know that I do understand where frustration with the system comes from (*edit* and so everyone knows where my bias lie).

Another thing to keep in mind; clanners own Tara largely due to clannet.
    Last edited by Johnathgalt; Jan 6th, 2003 at 19:01:31.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

I hope clannet may be upgraded to remember who won what.
    So if you win D chest you can't roll for it the next time
    It is a very good idea or you can't roll for it for 1 or 2 weeks so more people have chance to get new loot.

But there is one thing that make me mad it's the roll for prof item : an item for adventurers is in the loot and half of the people who roll are not adv
    Too much greed

I agree clannet isnt perfect but so far is the best system and most reliable and makes the masses happy that show up and everyone has the chance to roll for a item.

Like just 2 days ago after ages I got the Dragon Chest finally after all this time. 27ish Points or so used and the roll was HUGE I had around a 5% chance of winning but the wheel does turn.

The idea of rolling for items you havent won isnt do-able. There just are to many peeps who show up and people would drag out alts who are over 140 for rolls then. I could lvl my 2 100ish peeps to 140 in a week and have 4 alts to roll from for ALL the goodies. 4 times over. The system the way it is good or bad is the best for the masses.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

k, i'm rly bored atm so here ya go ^^
    What i was thinking, was a system like this

For example, say there were 4 guilds participating.
    Guild A, Guild B, Guild C, and Guild D

Guild A has 50 people in guild
    Guild B has 40 people in guild
    Guild C has 25 people in guild
    Guild D has 10 people in guild

Guild A currently has 80 points
    Guild B currently has 60 points
    Guild C currently has 90 points
    Guild D currently has 50 points

On a tara raid, exactly 5 people from each raid came.

Each guild gets + 5 points (1 for each member who attended)

When tara is killed, Adv ring, and dragon chest drops.

Each item that is won by a guild will take a certain number of points away from the guilds points.

Lets say..
    Adv ring is worth 6 points
    Dragon chest is worth 80 points

When you roll, the item worth is the max points you are allowed to have in the roll, and the number of points that is taken away if you win.

Any guild can roll for the item, but when the item is won, that number of points is taken away. ( no you cant go below zero)

Guild A C and D rolled for dragon chest.

A = 85 points
    C = 95 points
    D = 55 points
    (each guild got 5 points from their 5 people going to the raid)

Guild A won the roll, and 80 points were taken away from them, leaving them with 5.

Guild c rolls for the adv ring with 90 points (-5 points or so from rolling d chest) and wins, leaving them with 84 points. (-6 from winning ring)

At the end of the raid, the points are as follows
    Guild A = 5 points
    Guild B = 65 points
    Guild C = 84 points
    Guild D = 50 points

Doing something like this would do a few things

1. Because therse a max allowed points that a guild can have in a roll for 1 item, it wouldnt be impossible for people to win specific stuff like it is now.

2. A few people in the guild could be incharge of handing out the loot, and maybe the guild could set up a sheet of things people want.

3. Because people would only get things they need, less stuff would be up for sale on forums, and tara l00t would be worth more.

k, now i have something to do =P
    thx

SPLIT > YOU

Thumbs up

I like the idea of not being able to roll for something after you get it. I say it should take effect right after I win eight d-chests for me and my alts.
    ---------------------------------------------
    » sehne - 220/70/30? never!
    » sakura - forever gimped
    » kuupo - eternal project

Well... thats a interesting idea split.. but what about the peeps who are not in guilds? The idea of a guild rolling for it starts a whole new bag of worms. You've got the pet people who NEED it to get into better pets. You've got doctors getting special attention because of the heals they can give others in everyday use...etc etc etc. Bad decisions by guild 'leaders' would have members leaving and guild splits etc. I see it as well the worst idea for clans to do. People would feel very put out if they thought they were the next in 'line' and didnt get the GPH or the chest piece or the Robust backpack etc.

Let it roll the way it is. It isnt perfect but it makes the masses happy and as you can see from the post count.. not a whole lot of people want to scream about the system the way it is. You show up. You get a chance. If you don't wish to use your point that time save it up like a bank. Bid on the things YOU want for yourself its YOUR points and its YOUR time you've spent on the dragon waiting hours for boneheads to get out of the GS because they went afk...
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

A variation

call me greedy ;P. but i don't like you win an item u can't roll for it again.

well i kinda like the idea. but only for a set time. like next 5 times the item drops

it will off course only be doable if clannet can remember who won what. and how many times it has been since. and it isn't worth lagging clannet even more then it is now for it.

just my thoughts

good point elbo, but imo docs heals / nanos are much more important than an engie or MP having to use mochies to cast their pet. Also dont forget that pets are useless =P

as for people without guilds, this would probably make them join one =/

The way things are going now, its impossible for someone to get something that they need specifically. Fixers getting gph, and people winning their 3rd and 4th dragon chests... the system might work but its fuxored.

SPLIT > YOU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast