Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BUMP for new complete IPR

it took me 1 year to get my NT lvl171 , i played and enjoyed .

i would never roll again.
    btw i like/love my mainChar.
    no IPR = no Account
    /tell Oezcan

I agree on getting full IPR. However, I do NOT agree to unlimited resets, or too many of them. Once when you hit lvl 25, as you should have figured what you want by then, and probably have some IP tied up in skills you don't really need. Another at lvl 100. You may have changed your mind. A third when you hit 200. For that final min/max'ing. If you don't use one before getting the next one, you lose the old one, you shouldn't be able to stack'em. With the individual IP's as supplement, this should be sufficient for anyone.
    This is only my opinion of course, but I'm entitled to it.

BattleFalcon, Unit Commander of Desert Winds
    Bandasje, first ever neutral TL6 doctor, any server.

Originally posted by BattleFalcon
    I agree on getting full IPR. However, I do NOT agree to unlimited resets, or too many of them. Once when you hit lvl 25, as you should have figured what you want by then, and probably have some IP tied up in skills you don't really need. Another at lvl 100. You may have changed your mind. A third when you hit 200. For that final min/max'ing. If you don't use one before getting the next one, you lose the old one, you shouldn't be able to stack'em. With the individual IP's as supplement, this should be sufficient for anyone.
    well for us who have been 200 for quite a while.
    and have seen different changes coming to the game and acted after them, this becomes a problem.
    I know I have indeed wasted a few of the points I had, but most of them was logical changes, done to keep up with the changes FC brought.

Originally posted by gfejs

Ip reset is the most stupid thing FC implemnted...
    Destroys all strategic playing.
    (shouldn´t be needed if FC didnt change the rules all the time)
    I like the idea of rerolling because u made mistakes. Makes ip ditributing much more fun
    Not having ip reset is currently not the same as playing strategic. When Fc keeps changing the rules of the game, you will have to keep changing your skills.
    And its not like its a viable option having to reroll a lvl 200 char to do some changes. It should not be that hard.
    Not saying everyone should get infinite tries of ipr every day, sure, make it hard, but make it possible...
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

something that would make this whole thing a lot easier was if Fc told us what they were planning on doing. Gave us timeframez. Gave us rules to play by.

I remember fairly well when we got the last complete ipr and they said the ipr points were now gonna be a part of the game, and that there would be ways of obtaining more ipr if needed.
    Last edited by Ghandalf; Jan 7th, 2003 at 14:20:23.
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

BUMP
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent

I think giving everyone a full IPR once in a long time is a good idea. FC likes to radically change the game dynamics so much, its the least they can do.
    Example: MAs and riposte.

Remove the mechanics for complete IPR and burn the disks the code is on!

'Nuff said.

As for the Shadowlands, didn't Funcom say that the specializations features would take in account your current level/progress? Sounded like they had something planned without needing IPR, let alone a complete one.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

mmmmm need more ipr............
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

i ll always bump for for good ideas .

BUMPidiBUMPbump
    /tell Oezcan

Bump, i could really use one...

the number of players

agreeing on regular total iprs or quests to earn ipr points is greater then the number of players who argue tooth and nail against it.

there have been several threads about the issue and no valid arguments against it can be given.

it is a fact that mmogs change due to regular patching which eliminates the argument of carefull ip planning strategy to avoid the need for ipr.

it also shreds the argument that having no ipr would prevent mudflation.

because ao does not contain skill based quests (no grid portal only reachable with 1k comp lit, no doors or chests with supa loot to open with 1k break and entry) the only remaining argument can be summed up with:

"we do not want you to have them because we do not use them either!"

- which is not very convincing imo. you can always decline things offered to you but to generalize your opinion and to use it to limit this option for every player under the sun is arrogant to the extreme.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Re: the number of players

Originally posted by Blackwing
    agreeing on regular total iprs or quests to earn ipr points is greater then the number of players who argue tooth and nail against it.

there have been several threads about the issue and no valid arguments against it can be given.

it is a fact that mmogs change due to regular patching which eliminates the argument of carefull ip planning strategy to avoid the need for ipr.

it also shreds the argument that having no ipr would prevent mudflation.

because ao does not contain skill based quests (no grid portal only reachable with 1k comp lit, no doors or chests with supa loot to open with 1k break and entry) the only remaining argument can be summed up with:

"we do not want you to have them because we do not use them either!"

- which is not very convincing imo. you can always decline things offered to you but to generalize your opinion and to use it to limit this option for every player under the sun is arrogant to the extreme.
    If you want to have this arguement, bring it back to where it's already being argued.

This thread is about having complete resets resets. Which people over there are generally agreeing isn't necessary and would have negative effects.

And go ask Megabio for some lessons or something. At least he stays fresh.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Yeah, you're right, there'd be a lot of negative effects. Horrible things like actually being able to adjust to the new set of rules and conditions we get saddled with every so often. Good god, I sure hope that doesnt happen. It would truely ruin this game for everyone if people were able to adjust to halfbaked changes that fundamentally alter the mechanics of the world.

BUMP for IPR

Thumbs up

Very good idea G ill BumP this post
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

Originally posted by Oddfellow
    Yeah, you're right, there'd be a lot of negative effects. Horrible things like actually being able to adjust to the new set of rules and conditions we get saddled with every so often. Good god, I sure hope that doesnt happen. It would truely ruin this game for everyone if people were able to adjust to halfbaked changes that fundamentally alter the mechanics of the world.

BUMP for IPR
    Which halfbaked changes are you refering to? The addition of a shiny new toy you want to play with but can't cause you're spent all your reset points and thought those skills were worthless until 2 minutes after scanning auno's or Jayde's website?

*Thpppt* At least be honest about it.

Kuroshio since you choose to be obtuse I mean half-baked ideas like radically altering which weapons are effective across the board. I'm not saying everyone should be able to play with every new toy as you put it, rather that people should simply be albe to adjust to the repeated changes that make their current set up, which had been viable for who knows how long, and stay competative. And yes, to some degree you need to be able to adjust to utilize new content as well.

Before NW how many people actually had high Nano Programming and Psychology? Now those two skills are quite useful for anyone with an organization. Should only the people who had already invested in those skills be encouraged to participate, or maybe, just maybe people should be able to adjust to a completely new set of circumstances where previously useless(for most professions) skills are now in demand.

This isnt about just being able to use equipment or new weapons. This is about being able to adapt to radical changes in the way Rubi Ka works. Try to not be so narrow of vision, you'd be surprised whatyou can see.
    You can reason with ignorance, but its pointless to argue with stupidity. Take care which category you fall into.

At lvl 200 there should be a mandatory IPR every 1 or 2months as of right now once u used all of your IPRs your stuck as the same character u are forever

If wanna change the game to make some profession weak as they are setup for trends in the game there should be a chance to make yourself the best u can be
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Originally posted by Oddfellow
    Kuroshio since you choose to be obtuse I mean half-baked ideas like radically altering which weapons are effective across the board. I'm not saying everyone should be able to play with every new toy as you put it, rather that people should simply be albe to adjust to the repeated changes that make their current set up, which had been viable for who knows how long, and stay competative. And yes, to some degree you need to be able to adjust to utilize new content as well.

Before NW how many people actually had high Nano Programming and Psychology? Now those two skills are quite useful for anyone with an organization. Should only the people who had already invested in those skills be encouraged to participate, or maybe, just maybe people should be able to adjust to a completely new set of circumstances where previously useless(for most professions) skills are now in demand.

This isnt about just being able to use equipment or new weapons. This is about being able to adapt to radical changes in the way Rubi Ka works. Try to not be so narrow of vision, you'd be surprised whatyou can see.
    Then tell me why you need a complete reset to do so? Nobody needs a complete reset unless they intend to distill their character down to the essence of whatever their trying to do. In most cases, that's follow the crowd so we end up with a bunch of clones. Those 'clones' only weaknesses mostly exist only in the random number generator for hit/miss/damage.

Those weaknesses are important. Without them we, the players, either have to become like them in order to compete against them equally or give up. And without them Funcom has to assume anything they place in the game will be used by everyone in the game, barring breed/profession restrictions. And then they go way out of their way to make sure few people can get them.

My god has the Earth stopped?? I actually Agree with Kuro.

If you can reset fully once in awhile..and still get Ips, you end up creating legions of like minded identical people. Hell its allready hapening with equipment. Rememer when Decraniums came out?? 2 months later Everyone had MKI or MK II...with a Hood....with ALberech tank armor.... Even the bloody Agents had them.

It IS the weknesses we breed that make us what we are. Woudl I like a Full IPR. Sure...I coudl fix the 5 other skills I screwed up and loaded IPs into. Do I need it?? well Ive adapted..and who knows..those skils are ahndy (im probabbly the only fixer who can duel Weild 2 QL 150 Pistols effectivly....still blows to my Smg..but my skills are stuck ther for now).

We roll with the punches. You level 200 people seem to think that since you topped out....you need to keep finding more content. Its promised....later on. If FC makes adjustments to immediatly placate you...realize the concequences it will ahve on lower characters. It woudl be easier to level. So there woudl be more level 200's. You woudlnt be "special" anymore. Everyon woud ahve at least 1 level 200 alt on theri account. Everyone woudl eventually be a Neo.

Wed all wear Decrainums MK II and use X-3's.......

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast