Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BUMP for new complete IPR

Originally posted by Kuroshio

First off, you didn't asnwer the question asked. The question wasn't "What is the game about?". THe question was "What do you suggest the developers do to keep the game playable and balanced?". So can you answer that question?

Second, I'm pretty positive I've been playing these types of games longer than you have. I had my copy of UO 2 days before release thanks to a friend that worked at CompUSA. And I played on LPMUDs from 1989+ before that. Beta AC 0. Was accepted for EQ beta but was moving at the time. Beta AO Phase 2. Beta E&B. Currently in beta for a couple games whose NDAs prevent me from saying much of anything. So I'd try another tack if I were you.

3rd, the game you just described focuses everything on the items a player has. That is a dungeon crawl, not a RPG. In a RPG, the focus is on the skills the character possesses. In a dungeon crawl the focus is on the items the character has. You ware the one that wants to play a dungeon crawl.
    1:st, Let the game be as it is. It will never be balanced. Neither UO with mages vs warrior have never been balanced. Will always be like that. Or are you actully telling me this game has been balanced since it came?

If we WANT balancy then IPR is another must have. So each player can get their Proffesion weapon. So each player stand a equal chance to the other player.

2:d, You can say you have played every chat mmorpg out there for all i care. I still dont belive you when you talk about balance and nerfing like that.

and 3:rd. Stop being a such newbie will you. Stand for what your saying. Do you want a player to level up, get gears with no chance of change to just reroll the game later (dungeoncrawl) or a game in movement were you always can change yourself? (not dungeon crawl, but rpg) I can argue with you forever. Doesnt change my opinion. Your totally outwrong with your statements in this issue when it comes to your talk about nerfing and balance.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Hajkster

1:st, Let the game be as it is. It will never be balanced. Neither UO with mages vs warrior have never been balanced. Will always be like that. Or are you actully telling me this game has been balanced since it came?

If we WANT balancy then IPR is another must have. So each player can get their Proffesion weapon. So each player stand a equal chance to the other player.
    Again, you dodge the question. I'm not talking about PvP balance. I'm talking about game difficulty and levelling rates. If too many of the players are too powerful they overwhelm the content ingame. So what do you suggest they do about that balance?

Each player does stand an equal chance without IPR. All they have to do is invest the skill to do so. If the player doesn't invest the skill then he does not deserve the chance. Its that simple.

Your way of doing this makes it all about investing time. The time to camp x mob for y weapon. That's it. Invest enough time camping the same mobs as everyone else and the player can be among the top players in the game.

2:d, You can say you have played every chat mmorpg out there for all i care. I still dont belive you when you talk about balance and nerfing like that.
    Whether you care or not, it's the truth. Whether you believe it or not, it's the truth.

and 3:rd. Stop being a such newbie will you. Stand for what your saying. Do you want a player to level up, get gears with no chance of change to just reroll the game later (dungeoncrawl) or a game in movement were you always can change yourself? (not dungeon crawl, but rpg) I can argue with you forever. Doesnt change my opinion. Your totally outwrong with your statements in this issue when it comes to your talk about nerfing and balance.
    Heh...newbie. That's cute, Hajkster. Keep it up and I'll go get my cousin to stand in for me on replies. She's an 8 year old and much better suited for the maturity level of your posts.

What I stand for are items and abilities accessible only to those that have invested their entire character's career in the required skillset. Right now, 1 fixer looks almost exactly like another fixer. The only difference being if they have GA or CDS. One soldier looks the same as another. Seen one EQB enforcer and you've pretty much seen the entire group of high level enforcers. Why? Because every time a new item gets introduced, people reset their skills (if they have the IPR) to use the new item. Those out of IPR come to the forums demanding resets because they say they're gimped, hoping for someone to listen and give them enough IPR to follow the latest trend like good little lemmings.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Again, you dodge the question. I'm not talking about PvP balance. I'm talking about game difficulty and levelling rates. If too many of the players are too powerful they overwhelm the content ingame. So what do you suggest they do about that balance?

i was expecting you talked about PvP as you the HOLE FREAKING TIME talks about how my char affects yours. I cant LEVEL anymore. I leveled to 200 months ago. Game difficulty? have you played a mission in bs? get a team together.. go there.. get exp, It's not harder then that.. wth has this to do with my char affecting your? Are just here to flame or did you run out of points?

Each player does stand an equal chance without IPR. All they have to do is invest the skill to do so. If the player doesn't invest the skill then he does not deserve the chance. Its that simple.

Your way of doing this makes it all about investing time. The time to camp x mob for y weapon. That's it. Invest enough time camping the same mobs as everyone else and the player can be among the top players in the game.
    Eh, wait. I think you missed something.. In that case nobody should take gears they cant use because the sure hell not deserve them. We could not let people take items just to sell the because they dont deserve them etc. But we do have that right? i just dont get wtf your on.

Whether you care or not, it's the truth. Whether you believe it or not, it's the truth.

Again i dont care about your private life. It again doesnt affect me. Get that in to your head!

Heh...newbie. That's cute, Hajkster. Keep it up and I'll go get my cousin to stand in for me on replies. She's an 8 year old and much better suited for the maturity level of your posts.

What I stand for are items and abilities accessible only to those that have invested their entire character's career in the required skillset. Right now, 1 fixer looks almost exactly like another fixer. The only difference being if they have GA or CDS. One soldier looks the same as another. Seen one EQB enforcer and you've pretty much seen the entire group of high level enforcers. Why? Because every time a new item gets introduced, people reset their skills (if they have the IPR) to use the new item. Those out of IPR come to the forums demanding resets because they say they're gimped, hoping for someone to listen and give them
    enough IPR to follow the latest trend like good little lemmings.
    Newbie = New to something, doesnt trully understand how things work.

Again do i say. With comments like should get my sister here is. Are you just here to flame? Because your saying the hole time your not for a dungeon crawl and you damn well describe one each time. guess why each fixer looks like each others fixers.. Its called Grid Armor.. It was release around last christmas as a bonus kit to fixers to use. Its blue. Its not another colour. They are fixers! they use MG/SMG skill. They got MG/SMG skill buffs. Do you think that has something to do with IPR? And i ask for myself. If your not talking about PvP. Why do you care? if you arent jealous. And that is what this hole deal is about. Stop being jealous and build your own enforcer with EQB, your own fixer with GA. If you dont like them so much.

In short. Get a grip and mind your own busniess. Because.. It... doesnt... AFFECT YOU!

add: You know what Kuroshio. Im gona stop discussing this with you as i apperently have to repeat myself to you fifty eleven times before you actully understand even something. Stop the crap with my char affecting yours because you know as well as me its about envy. And as you so selfrightous pointed out.. selfishness.
    Last edited by Hajkster; Jan 20th, 2003 at 00:53:55.
    ---

i was expecting you talked about PvP as you the HOLE FREAKING TIME talks about how my char affects yours. I cant LEVEL anymore. I leveled to 200 months ago. Game difficulty? have you played a mission in bs? get a team together.. go there.. get exp, It's not harder then that.. wth has this to do with my char affecting your? Are just here to flame or did you run out of points?
    Level 200s don't count, I know that. But unless you're saying that complete resets only for level 200, they will be availible in the levels where balance is still important.

Eh, wait. I think you missed something.. In that case nobody should take gears they cant use because the sure hell not deserve them. We could not let people take items just to sell the because they dont deserve them etc. But we do have that right? i just dont get wtf your on.
    No because items have value and can be traded to people that can use them. The catch is it won't be everybody in the game and potentially upset the game's balance when they all start using them.

...Because your saying the hole time your not for a dungeon crawl and you damn well describe one each time.
    You don't understand the very words you're using, do you? Games like Diablo and Icewind Dale are dungeon crawls. More focus is placed on the loot than the character development. Games like Morrowind and Baldur's Gate are RPGs, where more focus is placed on the character's development and the choices the player makes while developing their character. Since you're supporting a feature which allows a player to use almost any item, you're supporting putting the focus on the items and not the character development. Hence you're the person pushing to turn AO into a dungeon crawl, not me.

guess why each fixer looks like each others fixers.. Its called Grid Armor.. It was release around last christmas as a bonus kit to fixers to use. Its blue. Its not another colour. They are fixers! they use MG/SMG skill. They got MG/SMG skill buffs. Do you think that has something to do with IPR?
    SMGs have nothing to do with IPR. Grid armor has everything to do with IPR. Any fixer will tell you not to invest in Matcrea until you actually get a Grid Armor disk/nano. But do you think those people save those IP until they get a GA disk or nano? No. They use the IP and when they do get either one, they reset some skills using reset points and instantly become a grid armor fixer. And that's why grid armor is so rare. Funcom knows the minute a fixer gets the item, they're going to reset some skills to use it. So they make it nearly impossible to find.

And i ask for myself. If your not talking about PvP. Why do you care? if you arent jealous. And that is what this hole deal is about. Stop being jealous and build your own enforcer with EQB, your own fixer with GA. If you dont like them so much.

In short. Get a grip and mind your own busniess. Because.. It... doesnt... AFFECT YOU!

add: You know what Kuroshio. Im gona stop discussing this with you as i apperently have to repeat myself to you fifty eleven times before you actully understand even something. Stop the crap with my char affecting yours because you know as well as me its about envy. And as you so selfrightous pointed out.. selfishness.
    People can point it out to you. They can spell it out to you. They can draw you a picture. You won't get it. You're so self-absorbed with your own character you refuse to see anything that happens outside of what you do. Well IPR does affect item availibility. If Funcom wants a limited number of people using an item, they make it almost impossible to find. IPR does affect game balance. When too many people switch to the best weapon at the same time, they imbalance the game because the content isn't setup to handle everyone being the best player in the game.

And save the act. Your first post started out hostile and confrontational. Shortly after that you began with the "you're just jealous" crap. You came to this thread looking for a scrap.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

SMGs have nothing to do with IPR. Grid armor has everything to do with IPR. Any fixer will tell you not to invest in Matcrea until you actually get a Grid Armor disk/nano. But do you think those people save those IP until they get a GA disk or nano? No. They use the IP and when they do get either one, they reset some skills using reset points and instantly become a grid armor fixer. And that's why grid armor is so rare. Funcom knows the minute a fixer gets the item, they're going to reset some skills to use it. So they make it nearly impossible to find.
    While I happen to be on the same side of this debate as you, Kuroshio, I feel compelled to point out that this is not as universally true as you present it. I have known several GA fixers who got their points in MC the old-fashioned way ... they earned a couple of more levels and didn't IPR.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

I have to agree with Bima, that argument makes no sense Kuro. What skill (or even two or three skills) would a Fixer reset to raise MatCrea instantly? I have a Fixer and I certainly couldn't justify reseting enough things to raise dark blue MatCrea instantly.

The Fixers I know just raised MatCrea exclusively over the next couple levels when they got GA. And that's exactly what I would do too. There simply isn't any one (or even two-three) non-essential skills to raid the IP from with resets.

And because you can dump all your IP from the next couple levels into MatCrea to use your GA, IPRs obvisouly have no effect on its scarcity. Whoopee, you may have to wait several hours of play time, until you get a few levels before using it. That's not much different than using it instantly, from a game mechanics viewpoint.

You actually think that if Fixers were forced to wait several hours of leveling before using GA, that GA would drop much more frequently? Obviously not.

/boggle

the last full ipr, was ended without notice, makin alot of people miss it for all or some of their characters

Thumbs up

You have my Bump...
    100% Pure Gimp™!!!
    Eunike, a level 206 Trader,
    Machiaveli - a level 215 Bureaucrat(Teh Fun!!!)

Member of the Alpha Omega
    -- Currle:..all there well be too do is sit in the sun and Drink way too much Beer.

Originally posted by Curmudgeon

I have to agree with Bima, that argument makes no sense Kuro. What skill (or even two or three skills) would a Fixer reset to raise MatCrea instantly? I have a Fixer and I certainly couldn't justify reseting enough things to raise dark blue MatCrea instantly.

The Fixers I know just raised MatCrea exclusively over the next couple levels when they got GA. And that's exactly what I would do too. There simply isn't any one (or even two-three) non-essential skills to raid the IP from with resets.

And because you can dump all your IP from the next couple levels into MatCrea to use your GA, IPRs obvisouly have no effect on its scarcity. Whoopee, you may have to wait several hours of play time, until you get a few levels before using it. That's not much different than using it instantly, from a game mechanics viewpoint.

You actually think that if Fixers were forced to wait several hours of leveling before using GA, that GA would drop much more frequently? Obviously not.

/boggle
    I'll take yours and Bima's word on that one. I've seen differently but I could be seeing the flukes

But as for the availibility of GA, no we'd not see an increase at the lower levels. It'd be at the higher level version if it became impossible for a fixer to wear GA without complete investment in the skill.

There's no pinnacle to reach for anyone's profession. And part of that is because of IPR. I'm aware at level 200 a player will have the IP to max everything in their profession but as I've said the level 200s don't count (they're a separate issue FC needs to address). But prior to the extremely high levels there is room for people to stand out in their profession through IP investment

Originally posted by Kaiousama

Heh...IPR isn't what causes 'uber dude clones', what causes it is FC putting in so few viable weapons for each profession that people have to use these in order to compete...If they put in several different VIABLE weapons for each prof then you wouldn't see 5000 people using QB/Manex etc...
    actually it seems to me there are quite a few viable weapons for classes, and funcom seems to be doing a good job of filling in the holes (smg, 2he, pistol, 1he, 1hb all have had a lot of additions). There is aways ALWAYS going to be a "the best" weapon.

The think IPR does is lets EVERYONE switch all the time to "flavor of the month (or 3 depending on patch times)". This creates a clone ARMY... how many X# users did you see? manex whein it got boosed? QB? most of these people at upper levels used IPR (really, how many 2he users were there before the new weapons came out? maybe 3? lol).

Due to the fact that they are adding new stronger weapons all the time I would have to say (safely I think) that if you stick with what you actually liked the look of when you were a noobie something new and viable will come along. (unless you were a piercing freak lol @ Neith).

This thread is getting old though, you peeps keep rehashing the same arguments, lets let it drop ok? no IPR are coming and this is just a flame fest on most of the posts
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

actually it seems to me there are quite a few viable weapons for classes, and funcom seems to be doing a good job of filling in the holes (smg, 2he, pistol, 1he, 1hb all have had a lot of additions). There is aways ALWAYS going to be a "the best" weapon.

The think IPR does is lets EVERYONE switch all the time to "flavor of the month (or 3 depending on patch times)". This creates a clone ARMY... how many X# users did you see? manex whein it got boosed? QB? most of these people at upper levels used IPR (really, how many 2he users were there before the new weapons came out? maybe 3? lol).

Due to the fact that they are adding new stronger weapons all the time I would have to say (safely I think) that if you stick with what you actually liked the look of when you were a noobie something new and viable will come along. (unless you were a piercing freak lol @ Neith).

This thread is getting old though, you peeps keep rehashing the same arguments, lets let it drop ok? no IPR are coming and this is just a flame fest on most of the posts
    Heh...depending on the drop rate, I think the edge of tarasque will be the next big thing for enforcers. With self buffs + towers, I think it's possible to wield one without being OE after initially wielding it.

I'll take yours and Bima's word on that one. I've seen differently but I could be seeing the flukes

But as for the availibility of GA, no we'd not see an increase at the lower levels. It'd be at the higher level version if it became impossible for a fixer to wear GA without complete investment in the skill.

There's no pinnacle to reach for anyone's profession. And part of that is because of IPR. I'm aware at level 200 a player will have the IP to max everything in their profession but as I've said the level 200s don't count (they're a separate issue FC needs to address). But prior to the extremely high levels there is room for people to stand out in their profession through IP investment
    Sorry that you took it hostile but it was true. Anyways, i wouldn't vote yes for a ipr or full ipr if it was only for lvl 200's. Everyone could need one.

How do IPR affect Item avaiblity?

Well IPR does affect item availibility. If Funcom wants a limited number of people using an item, they make it almost impossible to find. IPR does affect game balance. When too many people switch to the best weapon at the same time, they imbalance the game because the content isn't setup to handle everyone being the best player in the game.
    ok yet again i know i wouldnt reply anymore. But why are you lying? It is if the item it self is overpowered it gets changed. Do you think the speed on eqb is changed because to many people are using it?. Do you think GA did get changed because to many used it? Actully name one item that has gotten nerfed because to many use it as you friendly put it and ill accept your statement.

And that they add items isnt because of IPR either but because that AO Lacks content as it is. It lacks alot of content.
    Last edited by Hajkster; Jan 20th, 2003 at 22:43:21.
    ---

A new Ipr would be coming around shadowlands. Because they change to much.

a example is the new shotgun. We all know shotguns is Low normal damage/high crit. However they added a shotgun in the nextcoming patch that does High NORMAL damage while low crit. Like EQB. Thats is why ipr's is needed. The difference in the upcoming items is to big and to varied that you cant expect from earlier patches.
    ---

bumpity bump bump diddly-ump
    -- CybreWulf

McWhulf -- 95 Engineer [Clan Outcasts] --
    CybreWulf -- 36 Adventurer --

a example is the new shotgun. We all know shotguns is Low normal damage/high crit. However they added a shotgun in the nextcoming patch that does High NORMAL damage while low crit. Like EQB. Thats is why ipr's is needed. The difference in the upcoming items is to big and to varied that you cant expect from earlier patches.
    Why does this mean they have to give us more IPR? it just means that shotgun users have another weapon. I am failing to see the connection here.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

ok yet again i know i wouldnt reply anymore. But why are you lying? It is if the item it self is overpowered it gets changed. Do you think the speed on eqb is changed because to many people are using it?. Do you think GA did get changed because to many used it? Actully name one item that has gotten nerfed because to many use it as you friendly put it and ill accept your statement.

And that they add items isnt because of IPR either but because that AO Lacks content as it is. It lacks alot of content.
    Hajkster:

You did enter this thread looking for a fight. Accusing me of lying won't bring you a fight you'd want.

You want one item that's gotten nerfed because too many people were using it?
    Decranium armor's drop rate got nerfed because too many people were using it.

But then this question has been asked and answered seveal times. So if you so bored you feel the need to troll go start a new character and try playing it without twinking. Does wonders for our entertainment value.

Heh...depending on the drop rate, I think the edge of tarasque will be the next big thing for enforcers. With self buffs + towers, I think it's possible to wield one without being OE after initially wielding it.
    QB > EoT

go to the enforcer boards for info on that

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

A new Ipr would be coming around shadowlands. Because they change to much.

errr how does adding a new shotgun make shotgun users need new IPR? Oh, I get it, people that AREADY USED IPR to drop shotty will want to go BACK to shotgun. Well this is living proof that IPR are bad... just be patient, Funcom is adding a lot of new weapons all the time and they all seem pretty good (well most of them). People should just pick the weapon type for their toon and stick with it...

2he, one of the most GIMPED of melee weapons is now UBER. Anyone that started 2he and was dissapointed is now king... problem is them being loyal to their weapon type gains them nothing because a bunch of beam enforcers dropped 2hb for 2he using IPR, showing how IPR makes clones... not only to you have the 2he people, but also all the 2hb and 1hb people using the same weapon... given infinite IPR eventually everyone will be wielding the same weapons for thier class.

Beam is still a good weapon, but because it is so EASY to switch you will see people going to 2he, then it will get nerfed or another 2hb weapon that is better (and easy to get, P-rod dont count) will come out and people will want MORE ipr...

it is a dumb cycle.

ROFLOL

How about 1 IPR cost 1 level. If your level 200 and want to reset 3 skills, your down to level 197. That way you have to work for the IPR. And you can use your new uber weapon for 3 lvl :P

QB > EoT

go to the enforcer boards for info on that
    Actually the QB > EoT in a 30 second fight but the EoT wallops a QB in a 5 minute fight, according to data from Jadye. The Enhanced Queen Blade appears great for short fights. But as the fight gets longer, the Edge of Tarasque closes the damage difference and overtakes the EQB. And that's not accounting for the EoT special attack functions changing the fight.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast