Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BUMP for new complete IPR

metal...

the point is that right now ...

you cannot be sure which way funcom will go.

if there will be a way to archieve new ipr points due to a quest that does not involve some über camping AND is repeatable in a modest timeframe ...

THEN there is really no reason to have a full ipr ever again.

i believe i said so in my very first reply to kuros thread.

as we do not know wether this will happen or not arguing against a full ipr is rash.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Bump, I want to switch to pistols.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by MissMaul
    Bump, I want to switch to pistols.
    And I suppose you need a complete reset to do so?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

if she has no single iprs

then yes she does.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Re: if she has no single iprs

Originally posted by Blackwing
    then yes she does.
    A person NEEDS a feature that completely resets every single skill, except Map Navigation, to change from pistol?

Who do you think you're kidding and when do you think they were born? At least be honest and say "I want a free ride so I can stay on top and not have to face the results of my own choices".

Do you honestly believe that Gaute or Cz are reading these forums, see a lame attempt like that and saying "Oh she definately needs a Complete Reset to change from pistol to another weapon. She won't change any other skills. She won't use that Complete Reset to switch to become the latest cookie straight out the oven. We won't have to worry that too many people using the absolute best items in the game, which weren't meant for everyone to own, will throw balance off. We won't have to do something drastic like make more ultra rare items or nerf a skill or tweak mob difficulty up"
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jan 14th, 2003 at 05:22:48.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Re: Re: if she has no single iprs

Originally posted by Kuroshio

A person NEEDS a feature that completely resets every single skill, except Map Navigation, to change from pistol?

Who do you think you're kidding and when do you think they were born? At least be honest and say "I want a free ride so I can stay on top and not have to face the results of my own choices".

Do you honestly believe that Gaute or Cz are reading these forums, see a lame attempt like that and saying "Oh she definately needs a Complete Reset to change from pistol to another weapon. She won't change any other skills. She won't use that Complete Reset to switch to become the latest cookie straight out the oven. We won't have to worry that too many people using the absolute best items in the game, which weren't meant for everyone to own, will throw balance off. We won't have to do something drastic like make more ultra rare items or nerf a skill or tweak mob difficulty up"

We all paying the same amont of cash for the game.
    And u surely wont be bothered to pay more for the feature of IPreset points.
    So when we all get free IPreset points u DONT need to use them.
    But some of us will surely do.
    So dont ****** me with ur post that u dont like IPresetpoints.
    JUST DONT use em. thats all.
    And iam sure ..if we all get a total IPreset "u will use em".
    Say what u want, but iam sure with that.
    flame me as often as u want and say what u want. but iam sure.
    /tell Oezcan

quick question for everyone who keeps saying this is a game = fun = should get IPR if we want it.

Would monopoly be fun if everyone had infinite money?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Lightbulb Make IPR part of the gameplay

Instead of making it possible to do a total IPR, I think it's better to make a way for people to earn IPR points - through special missions, boss loot, etc. Say that there would be a chance of a boss giving IPR to all in the killing team. To avoid IPR harvesting at low levels FC could make the chance raise with level of the boss (1% at level 1-49, 2% at lvl 50-99, 4% at lvl 100-149, 6% at lvl 150-200, and 8% for lvl 200+).
    Sormllam - keeper
    Sormsneaker - shade

Stolt medlem i Northern Showrunners - REKRYTERAR NU!!!!

Originally posted by lilnymph
    quick question for everyone who keeps saying this is a game = fun = should get IPR if we want it.

hugs

lilnymph
    /me saying "this is a game" and it should do "fun" playing it and it isnt fun if u did mistakes and could be better with reskilling.

Would monopoly be fun if everyone had infinite money?

lol. surely it wouldnt be funny with infinite cash.
    but this is not the thing we re talking about.
    Inifinite cash makes u able to buy everything u want.
    but IPresetpoints makes u able to wear/use something special.

i never did PvP before. cause i thought it does no fun.
    Now i tried it and i think i like it more than missions.
    but my char isnt able to use Crit scope or crit based gun or other armor. with some ipresetpoints i could have MORE fun in PvP and would have a bit higher chance to live longer or would do a bit more dmg.and i would have more fun .

thx for reading this
    Last edited by Myself; Jan 14th, 2003 at 12:52:28.
    /tell Oezcan

the point is games are only fun as long as there is a challange in them. IPR takes away one of the major challanges in this game, that of IP planning. This is revealing the true problem with so many "children" (no age stated for people to be a child ) and such a male dominated genre, no Patience or forward planning.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Re: Re: Re: if she has no single iprs

Originally posted by Myself

We all paying the same amont of cash for the game.
    And u surely wont be bothered to pay more for the feature of IPreset points.
    So when we all get free IPreset points u DONT need to use them.
    But some of us will surely do.
    So dont ****** me with ur post that u dont like IPresetpoints.
    JUST DONT use em. thats all.
    And iam sure ..if we all get a total IPreset "u will use em".
    Say what u want, but iam sure with that.
    flame me as often as u want and say what u want. but iam sure.
    I wasn't going to respond but since you seem so sure of what I'll do I just had to stop by and tell you:

No, I wouldn't use a complete reset. It would not be worth the trouble of deequipping everything, writing down my current base skills and doing the complete reset to regain a couple thousand IP from skills I will probably continue to be using in a couple levels anyways.

The only skills I can think of on my characters that aren't really being used are Martial Arts and Brawling.

the point is games are only fun as long as there is a challange in them. IPR takes away one of the major challanges in this game, that of IP planning. This is revealing the true problem with so many "children" (no age stated for people to be a child ) and such a male dominated genre, no Patience or forward planning.

hugs

lilnymph
    I love a challenging game.
    And IP planning would be nice, if FC had a clear structur you could plan out from.
    When the rules of the game constantly change, its not like you can plan ahead or play strategic. You want to make your char as good as it can be, hence, putting in the skills required to do just that.
    When Fc then nerfs the weapons/armor/items you put your ip in for, or puts someting far more superior into the game, requiring different skills, you should not have to suffer from that because you have played longer.

I'm wont get mad if they don't give us a another complete ipr, but they should atleast give us the chance to earn some ipr to make sure our character can cope with the changes implemented in the game.

And since a lvl 200 character takes too many months to play up, rerolling isn't really a viable option.
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

Re: Re: Re: Re: if she has no single iprs

No, I wouldn't use a complete reset. It would not be worth the trouble of deequipping everything, writing down my current base skills and doing the complete reset to regain a couple thousand IP from skills I will probably continue to be using in a couple levels anyways.
    Empathy

Bump for everyone else.
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

yepp

true true

Almost all uf us makes our chars after a specific weapon, ithaca, EQB, hellspinner.

Now you(funcom) allways changes theese or implents more and beter weapon, it doesnt matter if you got 10 IPR you will still change a weapon when a better comes out then do it again when next good weapon comes and again and again and OPS end of story delete char to be good.

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    - Homer J Simpson

Homer: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then
    I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

Re: yepp

Originally posted by Ubbis
    true true

Almost all uf us makes our chars after a specific weapon, ithaca, EQB, hellspinner.

Now you(funcom) allways changes theese or implents more and beter weapon, it doesnt matter if you got 10 IPR you will still change a weapon when a better comes out then do it again when next good weapon comes and again and again and OPS end of story delete char to be good.
    `

uhm... guys lemme explain Ubbis statement

i ll shorten her post a bit.

she wanted to say :

BUMP

/tell Oezcan

There should be a way for TL6 to earn IPR's everyone else already has one........ levelling.
    /tell Jakual

Org Leader 1: Why are our NT's killing each other!?!
    Org Leader 2: They see a smurf and want title rights.
    - JohnMclain

Re: yepp

Originally posted by Ubbis
    true true

And therein lies the problem: creating a character after a specific weapon. People are breaking themselves not Funcom.

If a person creates their character around a specific weapon they've created their character with a built in finite lifetime. This game is dynamic. Weapons will become outdated as new weapons are introduced. Funcom doesn't have to nerf anything.

But if a person chooses to make their character specifically to wield a Hellspinner or a EQB or an Ithaca or any specific weapon, [they got exactly what they wanted: a character that can wield a Hellspinner or EQB or Ithaca. Now whose fault is it they got exactly what they wanted?

bump
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Re: Re: yepp

And therein lies the problem: creating a character after a specific weapon. People are breaking themselves not Funcom.

If a person creates their character around a specific weapon they've created their character with a built in finite lifetime. This game is dynamic. Weapons will become outdated as new weapons are introduced. Funcom doesn't have to nerf anything.

But if a person chooses to make their character specifically to wield a Hellspinner or a EQB or an Ithaca or any specific weapon, [they got exactly what they wanted: a character that can wield a Hellspinner or EQB or Ithaca. Now whose fault is it they got exactly what they wanted?

lol. nice try... but forget it.
    if u create a character and choose to wear a specific weapon(the EQB) u exactly got what u want . ((in this point ur right!!!))
    and then funcom sais:" hey lets make a EQB not (for example) 1hb . lets make it 2hb ."
    what would u do? would u say :" hey thx funcom. i cant use this weapon anymore. i worked 1year to equip it but no problem. i can wear a pistol ql100"
    or woould u say :" Damn . everything i did was useless. i cant use my weapon i need to reset the skills (cause iam lvl 200 and have no iprs left)."
    /tell Oezcan

Re: Re: Re: yepp

Originally posted by Myself

lol. nice try... but forget it.
    if u create a character and choose to wear a specific weapon(the EQB) u exactly got what u want . ((in this point ur right!!!))
    and then funcom sais:" hey lets make a EQB not (for example) 1hb . lets make it 2hb ."
    what would u do? would u say :" hey thx funcom. i cant use this weapon anymore. i worked 1year to equip it but no problem. i can wear a pistol ql100"
    or woould u say :" Damn . everything i did was useless. i cant use my weapon i need to reset the skills (cause iam lvl 200 and have no iprs left)."
    Name the last 3 weapons that were changed in the way you describe please.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast