Thread: Galway Shire - A waste of space.

Question Galway Shire - A waste of space.

Galway Shire as it is now sits outside Rome Blue. It contains the Omni entrance to the subway and a handful of Tower areas. A few mission entrances in the form of caves. It has a save point some mission terminals and a burger bar and bartender.

Sounds like the Perfect place for newbies to try out hunting doesn't it? Well it would be apart from one thing. All the mobs (Apart from best in brass) are level 2 or 3.

What is the point?? by the time most people get there they have leveled until they cant get anymore XP in the backyard. Why fill a zone with mobs that nobody will want to kill?

To make it usefull I would suggest upping the level of the mobs to the range of 12-17.

That would make far more sense in my book.

What do you think?
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

Just do the usual and have a nice spread, getting tougher the further away you get from Rome. It never hurts to have one or two relatively nasty critters out there either, it teaches people to be careful when they're running around in the wilds. Greater Tir County is mostly level 30-ish or less for instance, but there are a couple of level 95 Sand Mantis Drones in one location and some tough customers north of the Wall, not to mention the Borgs.

Cheers,

~R~

good idea

the outdoor play field space is pretty massive....and most of it utilised not very much...your idea would be a step in the right dircetion for FC to implement

Bump. Galway is a really pretty area, and kinda fun to explore in (The bronto factory is a must-see at some point). I'd hate to see it go to waste.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I'll bump to that, spent my newbie days in Galway shire + county, people just don't do it anymore.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

When I started AO at launch time, we hunted prety nicely bulls, breeders, and thenmantezesout in Galway shire/County and Rome and the Shire were very popularly crowded areas.. amazing fun place.

Now when I wander around the Shire I am saddened, its' dead. theres cobwebs on the mission terminals, and I dont even think the grid in GC has been used in 6 months

Funcom should really do something with this area..

/me gets all weepy thinking about the old days *sob*

Galway Shire used to be all crowded and laggy! But it's been dead for quite awhile.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Yes I remember going out of romestretch and over the bridge to take on the bulls and snakes. sigh good memories.

Now is the perfect time to get Galway going again though as so many people go there to get into the subway. And whilst the subway is fun it is hell for the newb pet classes so hunting would be good for them.
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

its got some mobs, that used to be the place to be back in the day.

Anyone remember hunting Manteze and hammers? remember teaming at the galway grid point? remember the cage?

..remember outdoor hunting?

bump for more mobs, that give more xp

Last time I went there was 2 weeks ago to slaughter hundreds of Santa Leets. Felt odd being back in that area again, feeling invincible instead of scared.

There are actually quite a few very low level non-aggro mobs in the area just outside Rome without having to zone:-
    Eleets, Reets, Fleas, Blubbags, Chirops, Waste Collectors, those stilt-walker things (never remember their name).

They just don't naturally lead into one another (unless you follow the road east then north).

Zoning through the pass or over the bridge brings Minibulls, bigger Chirrops, Rollerrats, plants, Hammers, Mantzees(?), Nightstalkers(?), and all the nasties around the cage.

But the XP sucks and people are led into the mission mentality so early now, that hunting just does not come naturally.

Used to be: backyard, Galway, a few missions for items, Lush Fields ...

Now: backyard, a few missions for items, Subway, missions forever ...
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.