Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buffing ruining low and mid level PvP - Please at least consider a fix

Thumbs up

I totally agree with the level restriction on HOTs and I also think that the 25% zones around the tower have to stay at 75% for the people not in the level range to attack the tower.
    This way, there will be less high level players around because they wont be able to fight anyone and outside buff will the be harder to get. This will also reduce lagg.

/me sticks her head in to snicker, "I toldja so!" again.

As long as you can buff people up at the edge of the base before they enter the LC area, attackers, at least, will have access to whatever outside buffs they want.

Essence of behemoth? RRFE? 91 point damage shields? Layers? The list goes on and on and on.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Thanatha
    I totally agree with the level restriction on HOTs and I also think that the 25% zones around the tower have to stay at 75% for the people not in the level range to attack the tower.
    This way, there will be less high level players around because they wont be able to fight anyone and outside buff will the be harder to get. This will also reduce lagg.
    I disagree, if my org attacks a lvl 30 tower, I want atleast 2 highlvls 2 be there, to kill the spies, they normally send in...

At low lvl towers, the defending org send in a high lvl to see how the situation is, because there isnt any kind of risk for this guy...

At high lvl fights, the defending guild sends in a low lvl to spy on the attackers...

now making it 75% just makes their job easier...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Buff restrictions are going to become a must as you have uber twink guilds forming just to bull doze towers for other orgs...

The whole Tower PvP system needs to be looked at.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Originally posted by Dreamr
    since it's pretty obvious at this point that nothing is planned to fix the pvp exploiting going on with the land control pvp'ing
    Please report any possible exploits to exploits@anarchy-online.com, and let them deal with defining what is an exploit or not. Super-twinking and outside buffing are not exploits at all, but a design issue, and should rather be brought up with the dev team (i.e. e-mail me about it).

Originally posted by Cz

Please report any possible exploits to exploits@anarchy-online.com, and let them deal with defining what is an exploit or not. Super-twinking and outside buffing are not exploits at all, but a design issue, and should rather be brought up with the dev team (i.e. e-mail me about it).
    No, outside buffing and twinking are, of course, not exploits and I dont know why anyone would refer to it in that way. Does that mean something doesnt need to be done like putting lvl restricts on HoTs? No.

Originally posted by Cz

The real design issue is that without high level helpers to either:

1 - Buy you a yal,
    2 - Beacon Warp you,
    or 3 - Fixer Grid you,

Low level Clanners can't make it to low level Omni zones, nor vice versa. Who has those kinds of resources?

Twinks and alts.

This is something that needs to be addressed before the buffing issue will really matter at low levels. How are newbies supposed to engage in battles against each other if they can't even get to the battlefields they're supposed to be fighting on?

Since all the people who can get there are twinks, they'll steamroll real newbies easily.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    The real design issue is that without high level helpers to either:

1 - Buy you a yal,
    2 - Beacon Warp you,
    or 3 - Fixer Grid you,

Low level Clanners can't make it to low level Omni zones, nor vice versa. Who has those kinds of resources?

Twinks and alts.

This is something that needs to be addressed before the buffing issue will really matter at low levels. How are newbies supposed to engage in battles against each other if they can't even get to the battlefields they're supposed to be fighting on?

Since all the people who can get there are twinks, they'll steamroll real newbies easily.

so true

CohnKraD 212 MA Nano <First Nanomage GURU>
    CohnCrat 220 Crat Solitus
    Cohn007 216 Agent Solitus
    Goodone 211 Engineer Solitus
    MRCohn 214 Agent ATROX - Mongo rage *nerf*
    + + + many alts
    Killer 93% Achiever 66% Socializer 20% Explorer 20%

just my 2 cents

Make buffing range match your pvp range. Period.

Just found this thread, so a few comments.

Sup JP. Firstly, we are not saying NF are sploiters. This follows on from the other thread, where I said that HoTs at low level unbalance the game. As you said in this thread: you are only doing it cos we did it to you. "We" being clanners I presume. We as in VotC did not, but we are now forced to do the same as you do in order to survive. That saddens me. High level HoTs make the low level game unbalanced.

That attack on SWB was not just you, it was 5 guilds. It was a **** of destruction that lasted 20 minutes. To be honest you did us a favour. We do not need that base, and there is less for us to defend now. Twinking is entertaining, but low level defending is an issue that we all agree on.

As for the "challenge" you mention, it was I who was talking with Loco. He started getting arsy about a "duel" out at SWB with an agent who was helping us. He rooted a teammate of mine, then went and accused me of ganking when I went to support him. Bear in mind Loco had been running circles around us and line-camping. No he didn't badmouth, but he was winding at least me up. The end result was a heated discussion about what happened, and he said he could take us easy or something and he had a lot of friends, the usual blah blah "NF pwns" etc. Well, you proved you do, with help from other guilds. And please do not insult my intelligence by denying it.

I was also the semi-twinked enf who fought 5 of your twinks (I know your enf, recognise him every time, and that x-bow agent of yours). Yes, 5 took me down. Why? I had high HoT running. 3 couldn't touch me, 5 did. Its a shame it has to come to this.

Not gonna say any more. I was in a good mood, not now tho. The game feels.. tainted now. I am not enjoying it anywhere near as much as I did.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234