Thread: pvp zoning

pvp zoning

zoning should not be allowed once pvp has initiated. when a single soldier can step out of a safehouse and attack a lower lvl (he was 151 + and attacked only greys to him) and then step back into the zone building when every one attacks him is utterly wrong. this is not a tactic. its a bug in pvp. 25 people could not kill a single person and gave up after an hour. please fix
    "when the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro" hst

let me ask you this, then how the hell am i going to leave the zone once a fight it started? Wait till one of us dies? Suppose i was just attacked and had no itention of fighting? The only way to fix this is to make shops in these zones 25% also. You need to think of ways to fix it before you start yelling nerf, or this needs to be fixed.

It's a bad idea.

If you attack or are attacked by someone the only way to break aggro atm is by zoning.

So if you are a lower level 2ho clanner, you agg someone, they run to the guards, you can't zone, you always die. Bad idea.

Also, you shoot someone, they run away, you can't catch them, now you can't start combat with someone else, you cant zone and you can't sit to heal.

Too many current bugs with PVP are fixed with a zone.

GENERAL RULE - Unless you have PVPed for more than a month and are really fimiliar with it, don't make rule changing suggestions. Know all the rules first.

Making the shops 25% is a much better idea.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

it doesn't really matter if you make the shops 25% inside...they'll just do like they do at the house at the helipad in 2ho...multiple zone free heal up...I think that FC just needs to code the game so that people cannot attack you until your client has sent a message to the server stating that the zone has loaded...this would fix alot of the problems...
    +Tekniker 142 Engineer
    +Xiaopingxu 121 Fixer
    +Stongrel 135 MA
    +Ukkonen 100 Agent
    +Pixelation 79 NT
    The Flying Frog Brigade

Cool

Having the client send a message is an even worse idea, because that will open the door for all kinds of client side exploits. Lots of important stuff like this is server side to prevent just that.

Making shops 25% will not be perfect, no, but it will allow people to sit on both sides of the zone and kill the L160s who decide they can't take the heat and want to hide. That's better than what we have today.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Kaerem
    Making the shops 25% is a much better idea.
    Running away is all fair and fine... happens in real life...

However It's BS that the shops can be abused in this manner. Did no one in your group have a good root??? That's the way I usually stop on of the people using this completely lame tactic.

Shops SHOULD be 25% zone in PvP areas... either that or the shops should be closed to those engaged in combat. I like the second solution best. Basically it's like the shopowner not wanting to let in anyone who's in a gun battle.

THERE IS ONE HUGE PROBLEM WITH TURNING SHOPS INTO 25% zones. Someone finds that weapon they've been looking for for months. Just as they purchase it (you see their arm move forwards as they click accept) you shoot them, loot them... and now you have that weapon and they got SCREWED as hell. Just turn off the zones into buildings for players in battle. However this should not effect outdoor zones or mission zones.
    Last edited by eleetist; Jan 29th, 2002 at 19:56:31.

I don't know if making shops 25 will work either. With grace you can just keep zoning back and forth and charging and buffing. It's already like that in 2ho at the helo bunker.

It will just make all the action move to the whompa. Unless you want to disable zoning thru whompas too. That would just give the attacker WAY too much of an advantage.

Look I hate going to EFP and watching all the omni scurry off into their bunker and grid out or hide in there for hours sometime, but zoning is the real problem.

Maybe zoning should be disabled in combat, if all the bug fixes to end combat could be addressed first. IE, hit q once you get the message -attacked by none- you are out of combat and can squat and heal or engage someone new without the message -joo r in cobato foo, wait 4 it 2 b ovar and stuff-.

25% gas in stores, sure you have your grace period, if you are in fear of getting ganked you can run, it would work. It's not too bad as it is now.
    Last edited by Nichola_Six; Jan 30th, 2002 at 02:48:36.

Thumbs up

Simple fix
    If you start fight whit someone then you (who started fight) cant zone untill 1 of 4 things happens

§1 You run away from fight and stay alive for next 3 mins. Whitout dealing anymore damage to your target.

§2 Your target zones away.

§3 You get attacked by someone else while you are fighting whit first target.

§4 You kill your target.

If this was the case then ppl would think twice before pushing 'Q' key
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

simple fix

remove the shops

what buisness savvy person who has at least some intelligence want to do buisness in an area that is constantly having skirmishes between two factions ? If you remove the shops, you then have a real outpost in the sense of an outpost that is placed in a strategic location on the planet, observing and collecting intelligence against another faction. Not a place where you can buy K-mart goods.
    This solves the problem of clan scum hiding in stores in a 75% area. If they want to come to a militarized zone, then let them come, not to shop at k-mart!

Second...
    If your not being attacked the time to be de-aggroed should be decreased a great deal. I.e the lag time that comes when someone or something is attacking you but not within range of which also prevents you from using lab treatments. It sucks when you have to zone out in your yalm just because someone decided they would try to hit you with their hammer.. and that was at least 5 minutes ago, by which time you've already outrun them.