Thread: 'So and so was not affected by your nanoprogram'?!

'So and so was not affected by your nanoprogram'?!

Weirdest thing happened today at (what was) RHD's tower... around half the NSDs I tossed off were responded to with the message:

'Player so-and-so was not affected by your nano program.'

Same yellow text, just like trying to root/calm uber bosses and ICC guards!

Didn't confirm, but I think it only happened against people from the guild who's towers were under attack. I've never seen this before... in a tower battle, or anywhere else. Is it some new bonus for defenders?
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

"Thedeacon was not affected by this godawful news"

Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

So and so was not affected by your footness...

Might get a different response from TD.

~Chris

Stealth NSD nerf. sad.

Originally posted by Meurgen
    Stealth NSD nerf. sad.

omg a nerf for an already gimpy debuff? double sad. Pathetic even.

Originally posted by Megabio
    So and so was not affected by your footness...

Might get a different response from TD.

~Chris

NO! all women are affected by TEH FOOTNESS! It has a 1% resist! God, just the thought of putting a little nanomage woman's foot in my mouth has me sweating right now!

I just want to kiss the foot...just once...Megabio, you're nanomage, I don't suppose you could throw on some lipstick and the dress you wore the other night...er, I wasn't supposed to talk about that. Sorry baby---er, I mean dude.

Happens with the soldier anti ch's, if they've already got a debuff running it doesn't effect them, maybe they were alrdy nsd'd?
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

It's not a new bonus for defenders, what it means is that the person you were trying to use your nano on has an innate resistance to that nano.

For example, GA4 gives a 50% resistance to root and snare nanos, so you may get that message occasionally when trying to root or snare a GA fixer.

One thing that confuses me is that I don't know of any items or nanos that provide an innate resistance to NSD *shrug*

Im sure i saw somewhere that one of the higher QL controllers gave a 25% or so resist to Strain 239, which is Nano Shutdown.

Originally posted by Thedeacon

NO! all women are affected by TEH FOOTNESS! It has a 1% resist! God, just the thought of putting a little nanomage woman's foot in my mouth has me sweating right now!

I just want to kiss the foot...just once...Megabio, you're nanomage, I don't suppose you could throw on some lipstick and the dress you wore the other night...er, I wasn't supposed to talk about that. Sorry baby---er, I mean dude.
    Don't worry... I'm.. I'm like that.

~Chris

Get that when trying to Divest doc's.

Divest is supposed to be the easy one to land...
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Meurgen
    Stealth NSD nerf. sad.
    Not just NSD, happens with all the debuffs i think, i know for sure it happens with Divest & Plunder too...

I'll try dominates and init debuffs next time... see if they work at all.

It might have been a tower, which would explain it... and I can accept, cuz it's kinda cool if a specific tower gives resistance, but I haven't seen any that do, so I dunno...

They definitely weren't already NSDd, I think I'm like what... one of maybe 3 high level clan metas who actually participate in tower raids? At least that I've seen.

And it wasn't any specific prof... it happened at least 4 or 5 times, I know Rebecca resisted one like that, another soldier did, a couple fixers did, and an NT. Uhg.

Yep... looks like all control towers give you an innate 50% resistance to NSD, ransack, deprive, roots, snares, and calms.

I think a lot more people will start hugging their control towers from now on hehe.

Originally posted by Jankkar
    Get that when trying to Divest doc's.

Divest is supposed to be the easy one to land...
    docs are supposed to be your nemesis too, we got a special buff against those

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Letah

docs are supposed to be your nemesis too, we got a special buff against those
    We all know how valuable those are, too.

People already DID hug their towers. hehe, something backing you up that has a super long range attack doing anywhere from 300 to 1500 dmg (double hits! ahg!) while giving buffs to everyone friendly in the area and debuffs to every enemy in the area...

I dunno, I thought that was pretty good myself. /shurg.