Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: /OOC Is there going to be any story for Rubi-Ka2?

/OOC Is there going to be any story for Rubi-Ka2?

Hi,

I live on Rubi-Ka 2, and despite its ups and downs, I truly love the place. My unfortunate problem is that there isn't any form of a story there. From time to time there are small mini-events, but they happen about once every three months, and they do not have anything to do with the ongoing plot. I enjoy the mini-events, and do not wish for them to stop, but I would like some of the major groundbreaking events to be included on Rubi-Ka 2. We may not have as big of a population on Rubi-Ka 2, but we still deserve a chance to be a part of things. There are many good people there who would love to be a part of a story event, any type. I'm not trying to whine or anything, I just wanted to bring to everyones attention that Rubi-Ka 2 should be supported. It wouldn't be too hard to hold one of those big attacks, or peace talks, or an ICC meeting on Rubi-Ka 2. I would like to invite the ICC to come to our dimension, to see the people, to really see what it is like. Do not underestimate us! Our numbers mean NOTHING!

We will do anything to be noticed as an important part of the story, so please whoever has taken the time to read this show your support for Rubi-Ka 2!
    Last edited by Sepentura; Jan 27th, 2002 at 18:25:38.
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Does anyone support Rubi-Ka 2 anymore? Am I fighting for a lost cause? This is staying at the top.
    Sepentura

Its funny cuz i keep hearing about all this story stuff thats supposed to be going on and yet i have seen NO effects of it at all. Im on RK2 as well and the game is n othing more than the bash fest it always has been. Besides the gaurds telling omni scum they dont like thir kind around here, i havnt seen anything storyline related, its really lame. But still i dont expect it. I mean, lets be real, this is FC we're talken about. Thegame is mediocore and you expect an actuall story line. hehe yeah right.

I have a lvl 112 enf on the sever and came back for the free month thing again and i havnt seen anything changed by any type of story line from the point of when i quit in august to now in Jan. Oh yeah i forgot, i can use the OT shopping channel. LOL real good war we got going on....what a joke

The reason you haven't seen any eveidence of a story ingame is beacuse it all happens on Rubi-Ka1. It's getting bad, something has to be done.
    Sepentura

What does OOC mean?

That's my noob question for the day. I see it everywhere, Clan OOC chat, Omni OOC chat, OOC this and that, WTF is da OOC?

/OOC mean Out of Character Channel

Unhappy

They should have renamed RK2 to Testserver 2!!!!

It seems we Rubi-Ka 2 characters are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We can stay where we are...or we can restart on Rubi-Ka 1 only to have to get accustomed to higher prices, more people, and a completely different atmosphere. I don't know what can be done, but I would like osme info on what FC is planning.
    Sepentura

The reason RK2 has less events is because there are less people. It only makes sense to have the most events on the server with the most people.

IMHO RK-2 should never have been created. There's more then enough space for everyone on RK-1.

Mikeweather....we are talking about the story here...not player made events.....
    And there is a reason why they had to make 2 dimensions....crash.

They can fix it easy by changing RK2 name to Testserver 2......
    Cause that whats its all about.....

But in the end i dont think it matters wheter u are on RK1 or 2, cause the story ....well what story?

I was talking about the story, not player-run events.

What story? The one I've had fun participating in these last few months.

MW,

In hindsight, Funcom should never have created RK-2. But they did and then they had their customer service representative unequivocally state that the storyline would happen there. At that point, as a company with a paying customer base, they made a commitment to do something they haven't. Their complete and total lack of honesty and professionalism continues to astound.

Scorus

Originally posted by MikeWeather

What story? The one I've had fun participating in these last few months.
    And i can bet alot of creds that u don't play on RK2.......
    And therefor u have no idea of what we are talking about....

How can a story in AO be splitted on two Dimesions??
    If a mad atrox go and kill the Omni boss in RK1, will he die in RK2 as well? If a kind solitus fall in love with Eleana Oak in RK2 and they get married, how are the seremony supposed to happen on RK1??? only the priest and Elena? well......u get my poit....

it is impossible to maintain a story on two different dimesions...therefor they should have called RK2 for TESTSERVER 2!!!!!!!!!
    Well we all sould have guessed...no understood that it was impossible from the beginning......but hey i don't care cause im a neut and we defenetley have notthing to do with the story anyways.....

Funcom have done YET a tiny misspelling here.....they forgot the word "test 2". Not to forget all the misspelling in the game
    Hey im not tlaking about my own k....
    Last edited by AO n00b; Jan 29th, 2002 at 16:56:15.

You see MikeWeather Rubi-Ka 2 doesn't have less events it has NO storyline events. It is stupid to think that we shouldn't get events just because there are less people there. We play and pay just as much as everyone on Rubi-Ka 1.
    Sepentura

Back to the top.....
    Sepentura

I hope they help ya soon...

Just showing support

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&threadid=9184

By all means post too, I've given them a week to sort it, or I'm off to my solicitors. I'm not happy with being ripped off, as that is what FC are doing to RK2 customers.

Oh, and do please spread the word about the thread to every RK2 player you see.

Thanks.
    Stroke me, you know you want to.

Just showing support.

Well, Story was the reason I left DAoC and EQ to come to AO. I came to Rubi-Ka because I was hoping for a world that wasn't as shallow as my prior ones. So just so the big wigs at FC know, story is very important to some of the PAYING folks. Well I suppose the Bright side is I came to Rubi-Ka2 because of the lower amout of people, and as it looks, I haven't missed anything, Not even the beginning of the story.

I am hoping for a bright outlook here, but it seems we are in the dark. It might seem like I've been doing a lot of ranting lately, which truly isn't my nature, but it simply cannot go on this way. We have to make sure that Funcom knows how we feel, and that we won't let it continue. The total lack of information is astounding, it's almost like they are ignoring us on purpose...

It has come to my attention that we don't even have the "Voice of Freedom" channel that (as I am told) notifies people of events. This is basically implying (to me) that we don't matter, and there won't be events for us to be notified of. However, I am trying to be optomistic as much as I can, in hopes that maybe Funcom has something up their sleeve for us.

If I could just get an official statement about these issues, it would do a lot to resolve my current feelings. Although, I will not be completely satified with words, they are also going to have to accually hold some events.

I truly love Rubi-Ka 2, but if push comes to shove, I will move so that I can be a part of events. I truly truly do not want it to come to this, as I love my character and the server. Whether or not I move will do nothing to my determination to change the outcome of Rubi-Ka 2, as I will still spend a lot of my time there.

I am going to keep this at the top for as long as it takes to get some answers, and to finally resolve this issue! To every Rubi-Ka citizen, IT IS OUR WORLD-WE MUST CHANGE IT!
    Sepentura

Isn't it amazing how they can ignore their paying customers so religiously? They have told us 100 times that they read every post on here and yet steadfastly keep to their ca. 5.5 and 2.5 posts/day schedule. Mostly one line posts, of course, otherwise they might be accused of providing information. And we all know what happened to Savant when that happened...

Scorus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast