Thread: Team, support profs and the PvP points

Angry Team, support profs and the PvP points

I never cared much about PvP before Notum Wars. I am a teamplayer, i like to help my teammaters to reach a target together. Yesterday i wanted to know how PvP points gets distributed in a team after the team took out a enemy together.

The ARK told me that only the teammember with the most damage gets PvP points. Great thing here FC, whats about supportprofessions like Doctors and MPs thats heal and debuff, not much damage they can do, but help to get the enemy down. You thank us with nada, nothing, null. Thats bull**** imho, we should get some PvP points aswell like we get XP in a team, we do our part like everyone in the team to kill an enemy, so we have to get something for it aswell in PvP.

A Enforcer without a doc behind him go down much faster than with a Doctor for example. The current System support only the selfish playstyle. This need to be fixed imho or we see only NTs with AOE nanos run arround in mass PvP soon.

Titles are lame, ruins PvP. And there is a lot more to mass PvP then a AoE'ing NT.

Let me explain you how the system work.
    You get points depending on the damage you did to a player. Points are not shared between teamates, but they are shared with the damage dealer(who could be you teamates). Lets say for example that two Freshmans gank another Fresman who got 1500 HP and kill him. Player1 did 1000 damage and Player2 did 500 damage to the Freshman. Well, Player1 will get 66% of the PvP xp points while Player2 will get 33%. Teaming doesnt matter in this. Now, lets say that a Freshman and an Apprentice kill another Freshman with 1500HP. The frshmn do 1000dmg and the App do 500dmg. The Freshman will gain 66% of the pvp points while the App will get 0%, this mean that the victim will only lose 66% of the points instead of 100% if he didnt get ganked by an App. The rewards are shared between the attackers but some wont get points, kinda like killing a grey mob. When you receive the message 'Target didn't lose enough to grant any reward' or You can loot theses remains' this only mean that you did the most damage to the victim and you have the right to loot, it doesnt mean that you didnt receive any points like alot of people may think. You alway get points if you do damage to someone in your PvP title range. Even if the damage is low, you will get a few points and the target will only lose a few points from you. I hope this cleared some preoblems. The only reason to not team with people is to benefit from the grace period. If a teamate is fighting and he's in the same area as you. People will be able to attack you during grace period, even if you see the countdown. Sometime you also dont get the 'loot right' when your teamed but I think its a bug.

To make this short, you can be teamed and get points, even if you didnt do the most damage.

Titles are meaning less so don't worry about it, i feel you title is based on how well and how fast you run or zone, not you PvP ability or skill.

Should only have title's in a skill based game like UO not AO where it's "mostly" but not entirly to do with you profession.

Example, about 90% of the people i fought when i was in there title range ran when they know i was going to win, when i dropped title's i was killing these people and i know its only because they where'nt going to lose points/title.

See a lot of high level players who had high title's and don't anymore with NW becuse they started PvPing for fun and not some daft title that makes you get really pi$$ed off when you lose it or what ever.

Don't think people can say that the only thing after level 200 to do is work on your title, no you can PvP at tower raids or go to 2ho/MMD like they used to do it, "/tell nwchat chat" theres usually a tower battle happening.

Wish they would remove titles already.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Jankkar
    ...Example, about 90% of the people i fought when i was in there title range ran when they know i was going to win, when i dropped title's i was killing these people and i know its only because they where'nt going to lose points/title.
    I'll never understand people who stay for their death... when I see I lose, I run - and that doesnt depend on my title......
    Why shall I give my opponent a kill and a good feeling? Why do I have a high runspeed? Runspeed is one of the most important skills in PvP...

Fighter 1:
    "OMG... I lose the fight... damn, I have 1700 runspeed... I could easily escape, but hey... this dude should get a reward, so let him kill me..."

Fighter 2:
    "Hr Hr.. I'll win! I hope this stupid bastad will stay for his death. I dont like when someone runs and steals my kill and reward - DONT RUN!"

I guess this is one of the biggest stupidity in this game........
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

thanks , just made my point.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Sethil

I'll never understand people who stay for their death... when I see I lose, I run - and that doesnt depend on my title......
    Why shall I give my opponent a kill and a good feeling? Why do I have a high runspeed? Runspeed is one of the most important skills in PvP...

Fighter 1:
    "OMG... I lose the fight... damn, I have 1700 runspeed... I could easily escape, but hey... this dude should get a reward, so let him kill me..."

Fighter 2:
    "Hr Hr.. I'll win! I hope this stupid bastad will stay for his death. I dont like when someone runs and steals my kill and reward - DONT RUN!"

I guess this is one of the biggest stupidity in this game........
    Why are you afraid to die? Do you lose anything? Not if you're smart and save beforehand. I've never understood why someone goes to a battle and runs away because the might die. And oh yeah, its a game, its not like you're gonna die in RL if you char gets killed in PvP. Oh wait, you're probably the guy that leave a team because you got killed by a rat from a chest you opened...its all very clear now.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

reroll a prof :

soldier isn t good for u sethil

Originally posted by Revolutionary
    Why are you afraid to die? Do you lose anything? Not if you're smart and save beforehand. I've never understood why someone goes to a battle and runs away because the might die. And oh yeah, its a game, its not like you're gonna die in RL if you char gets killed in PvP.
    Im not afraid to die.. but I dont see the point WHY shall I die? I dont go in battles to die, I go in battles to kick my opponents butts... if I go down in HP, I retreat and strike back after recharging, but when I die, I lose time, time at the reclaim and time to go back to the battleground. Why shall I stay in the line of fire and hand my opponent a cheap kill? NO, NEVER. If you do so, its your choice, but dont expect that I follow this stupid example.

Im more worth for my team mates when I retreat for 1 minute and strike back then, than dying as a hero and losing several minutes, where I'm not able to support my mates.
    Oh wait, you're probably the guy that leave a team because you got killed by a rat from a chest you opened...its all very clear now.
    Save your dumb comments for your hairstylist. He might be interested....

Originally posted by tavumebottes
    reroll a prof :

soldier isn t good for u sethil
    Get a new brain dude... it seems thinking leads to some wierd results...

You don't get any PvP points teamed atm. I know the patch notes/ARK's/GM's/whoever say you do, but you don't

I noticed after lots of team PvP that my title didn't change, and tried to farm a freshman on a lowbie char who was teamed, didn't get any title after 12 kills, had a GM to check my title points, they were still at 1300.
    Last edited by Crestfall; Jan 5th, 2003 at 01:29:20.

Originally posted by Sethil
    Im not afraid to die.. but I dont see the point WHY shall I die? I dont go in battles to die, I go in battles to kick my opponents butts... if I go down in HP, I retreat and strike back after recharging, but when I die, I lose time, time at the reclaim and time to go back to the battleground. Why shall I stay in the line of fire and hand my opponent a cheap kill? NO, NEVER. If you do so, its your choice, but dont expect that I follow this stupid example.

Im more worth for my team mates when I retreat for 1 minute and strike back then, than dying as a hero and losing several minutes, where I'm not able to support my mates.Save your dumb comments for your hairstylist. He might be interested....
    See I was talking about 1v1...you weren't, simple misunderstanding. But one begs the question "How good are you and your mates if you can't protect each other without running away screaming like a squad of cheerleaders?"

Stupid example or not, I don't run from duels because its just stupid to ask for a duel and then run. And not in mass either, then I'd be deserting friends. As for my hairstylist, he said it was hard to listen to me while you were blowing him.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Originally posted by Revolutionary
    Why are you afraid to die? Do you lose anything? Not if you're smart and save beforehand. I've never understood why someone goes to a battle and runs away because the might die. And oh yeah, its a game, its not like you're gonna die in RL if you char gets killed in PvP. Oh wait, you're probably the guy that leave a team because you got killed by a rat from a chest you opened...its all very clear now.
    I quote you again and now take a look at your own words, especially the big/underlined...

Battle, means combat with multiple people == mass PvP != duels

Duels are combat with predefined rules, 1 vs. 1. I either agree in these rules (which mostly include the rule to stay for the end) or I dont agree in this rules... As for me, I never agree in duels where I have to stay for my death. I have high Nanoresist and I have high Runspeed. This is made only to make me able to escape bad situations. If I agree in a duel with the rule to stay, I would cut these skills down to uselessness.

Im a 'Hit-and-retreat' character. I sneak, attack, stay as long it goes well, retreat when it goes bad, come back and try again. This isnt a heroic tactic, but it is successful... if I 'duel' with the usual rules, I would cut myself in tactics and I never do that.

edit:
    I have to correct myself. I dueled twice the last month and I got twice the PvP points for it. But Im Novice now and you can see all other points are gained in towerbattles or combat in MMD/2ho (some 1 vs. 1, but no duels, the most with multiple people)
    But hey, titles are meaningless and I will probaply loose it again next battle.. who cares? I dont...
    Last edited by Zagareth; Jan 6th, 2003 at 14:52:39.