Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Age of the avrange AO player??

I'm 42 ... my wife all plays and she's 41. You're all punks! Well most of ya anyway.

Talking

20 here and boy does it make a difference. Once your 20 people treat a whole lot differently. I'm getting tired of these 15, 16 yr old punks he keep telling me I'm old

Talking

Will be 47, Feb. 15th. I'm retired, as well *thank you 401k and good advice* and love being able to spend as much time as I want in Rubi-Ka. I'm also very female and married with grown children who think I'm a fruitcake because I like playing games. Phooey on them.. they're the OLD ones. At least my husband loves playing computer games as much as I do. He's all tied up in Neocron, at the moment. That game is just too HARD to enjoy for me, but he loves it.

Oh well, gimme Rubi-Ka forever! Who the heck needs SWG?

Khirstie/Khissi/Whillow
    The Bratpack - testers

Originally posted by Jerrak
    16 here, my wife is 8..

i mean..

i.. have... no.. wife....

lol Jerrak

I'm 28 since this last friday :P

Seems like the average age is in the mid 20's. There are lots of age polls in the Player Polls section if you want to take a look at those.
    - Secretary "Linaacrat" Flowers
    Bureaucrat to Rubi-Ka ((Also offering doctor, engineering, and adventuring assistance.))

Come visit the new Healing Hands

Hindsight isn't 20/20 when your rearview mirror is broken..

Originally posted by Big Shady
    20 here and boy does it make a difference. Once your 20 people treat a whole lot differently. I'm getting tired of these 15, 16 yr old punks he keep telling me I'm old

Whoa.. you're old..

~Chris

I just turned 30.

It's nice to know that other folks around my age are on, since I'm the only one I know RL that plays this game. This is the first MMORPG I ever tried - couldn't really get into EQ and just about everything else on the market seemed too much like it.

And, yes, I remember the old days of playing text adventures on my TRS-80 Model I/III and then writing my own games, primitive by today's standards. I mean, it would fit into 4k. The loading screen graphics for AO probably take more than that!
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

NEVER trust anyone over 30

BTW...I'm 36

soon-to-be 20

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Since yr talking about BASIC, who remembers LOGO? That accursed triangle....uh, i mean turtle....chases me in my dreams to this day. Good thing it takes so long to turn a corner eh?
    Randome. Proud General of Link Dead, a mercenary organization. Available for assistance with blitzing, raiding, tower defense, etc. Send a tell to any of our members for more info.

Heard on the news the other night that the average age of gamers (PC & Console) in America is 28.
    At Midnight, All the Agents...
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Agents- lilttle slightly insane people who run around and kill you before you know what is going on... and if they dont kill you fast... well, cannon fodder (altho they are good for scouting) -eternalfiend

The Sock-Hat, it adds 1 to my tempo.

25 here, and I remember LOGO ^_^ Was fun back @ school. When I was 10 I was still playing on a vic 20, everybody fooled me because they got a commodore 64, but after a year I was the first at school that bought an Amiga 500 , and owned them all :P
    Naima - Sorcerer of Atlantean, at the service of the Clans since 29475

Cool

I still adore NES Metroid, Zelda and Ice Climber *ah memories*
    Didn't own a computer until many years later.
    Ultima Online for 4 years. AO for 2 years

Drmys - 216/18 Healmonkey
    Znyper - 220/15 Assassin
    Keepyxa - 203/5 Keeper
    Atomyxa - 152/0 NT
    Intoxica - 157/0 Soldier

- THE RENAISSANCE -

Talking

im 13, turning 14 18th feb tough!

Originally posted by Tiran
    53. Old. I claim my character(s) online are 26, so they won't feel ancient.
    Really Cool to see someone my folks age here,and with the brains to try out these games (MY folk dont even know where the on\off button to the computer is,hehe).... GJ!!!!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

I'm 32. Neal here is my first char in my first online game.

In Middle School, I started programming on Apple II's in Basic(yeah, yeah.......Apples were what my school had. So sue me ). When I finally *took* programming in High School, I had to teach my teacher *grin*. Wizardry, Oregon Trail, that lemonade stand game....ahhh, the memories Learned Pascal in H.S., and was gonna go on to ASCII but never got around to it. The first Macintosh came out while I was in H.S., btw. Then I graduated, and went on to do.........absolutely NOTHING to do with computers LOL.

After about a 12-year hiatus, I finally bought my first computer(my present one) in July of '01(so, yes; that was pretty much when my online experience started).......started playing AO in late August of '01. So, I still really haven't had a lot of time to familiarize myself with a lot of things relating to the PC(remember, I learned on Apples), as pretty much most of my keyboard time has been devoted to AO.

So, I'm an OLD nOOb hehe.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

21, learning programming in college hope to work for a mmorpg company one day doing those ever elusive big fixes : )
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast