Thread: To nerf-callers

To nerf-callers

After arguing alot with people about nerfing or not nerfing a weapon I realised something. When u buy a RPG and u look at the character-creation screen, u pick a profession that suits ure playingstyle.

Calling nerf on something in order to make the game completely balanced is.. kinda killing the whole experience. I realised that the last thing I want is for all professions to do same amount of damage, have same hp, have same cool abilities and so on. I dont want all professions to be equal in combat.

Then I find myself staring with my evil eye at an item I think is too uber. I am thinking "this item needs to be nerfed". But in fact if an item is introduced into the game and it doesnt fit with everything else.. then it simply is making the game better because a game where everything is the same is boring.

When I look at the character creation screen I want to have the feeling of actually choosing profession not just looks..

Nerf = boring

Lots of new items that revelutionizes the professions = fun

Enf just earned the "Enforcer" name with the introduction of the EQB and Im actually quite happy because of it.

Exactly
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Yes, I agree totally. But....hehe.

Wrangeline - Trader am I correct?

From what you posted, Am I correct in saying you should not as PvP 'heavy' as you are?

And Georg, from what she posted Enf just earned the "Enforcer" name with the introduction of the EQB and Im actually quite happy because of it.

Which means, we are finally able to ENFORCE (whatever that means, hehe KEEL! ) Stuff, be Real fighters.

Does this mean you are willing to give up the gun and be thee 'doctor'?

Or do you still want a chance in pvp vs the enforcer?

Wrangleline

Good post wrangle! Make love not war!

By the way...

Enf just earned the "Enforcer" name with the introduction of the EQB and Im actually quite happy because of it.
    You dont mind if this goes into my signature do you?
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

When do we get an Enforcer'Con.

The problem is that the only thing in this game is about killing, and when you give that power specifically to a few professions problems arise ...

~Chris

Choices

If it was dmg and combat you where after you could have concidered some of the prime combat classes instead?

Personally i picked Enforcer because i hate trade skills and i wanted part of the action..

Dmg Dealer
    Tanking

But like you said you do great dmg right now.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

heh so true, but so late ... makes me think about all those people that whined about TMS reflecting 75%, NT nuking from outta space, Neural Stunner, the 2HO Tree whinners, the 100% damage whinners, the UVC cry babies.
    Well at least you cant support both what wrangel said and any of those ners can you ?
    Infamine 200 soljah

heh so true, but so late ... makes me think about all those people that whined about TMS reflecting 75%,

Oh come on... That NEEDED to be nerfed. Do you have any idea what it was like? lol The 75% reflect STILL worked, but it also reflect damage back onto you. It was like:

You hit XXX TMS'd soldier witth 320 points of burst damage!
    XXX's soldier's reflect shield hit you for 941 points of damage!

Thank goodness there were not many high level soldiers back then, heh.

~Chris

Yeah but some one should still nerf crats there to uber.
    PVP Crat - More gimped than you would belive, but i still kill
    RK1
    Pokees Pokees
    LostClevage President of Enron

RK2
    Titlehugger Psycho PVP crat
    Flushdragon SUpAh Gimped trox adv

Originally posted by Infamine
    heh so true, but so late ... makes me think about all those people that whined about TMS reflecting 75%, NT nuking from outta space, Neural Stunner, the 2HO Tree whinners, the 100% damage whinners, the UVC cry babies.
    Well at least you cant support both what wrangel said and any of those ners can you ?
    I agree infamine, but what I must say tho is: Check the description on the tms for a sec:

Total Mirror Shield Mk X

" The Soldier's true friend in battle, a Total Mirror Shield deflects 75% of all damage away from the soldier. A small amount of this damage is deflected back onto the attacker. This formula cannot be executed on other people. It has the drawback of effectively shutting down your nano capabilities for 2 minutes. "

It clearly says "Deflects 75% of all damage" ... which is not the same as 75% Reflect...

Dunno if they happened to change the descritpion with the change of the nano tho... but I think if this description hasnt changed at all since creation of it, then the nerf was to be honest a fix.

but hey, it still sucks when they continue to do this to things that dont need nerfing that much... I agree that the 75% reflect was out of line, but nerfing eqb or anything else atm is kinda rediculous...

There's not much left to be nerfed already... Like wrangeline stated: we'll all end up with the same weapon stats some day:

Advanced Fiddle Rifle

The Fiddle Rifle is a well tested sniper gun model. Many find it a bit heavy for use in the field, but it is still a popular choice. This kit is made by Sako.

Flags Visible, Modified Description
    Can Carry, Wear, Aimed Shot
    Patch <= 17.5.91
    Type weapon
    Slot right-hand
    QL 200
    Value 13
    Equip time 5 s
    Attack time 1.5 s
    Recharge time 1 s
    Range 2 m
    Init skill ranged init
    Clip 5 - bullets
    Damage 1-1 (1) - projectile ac

Defense skills
    dodge ranged 100

Attack skills
    rifle 100

Requirements
    To Equip rifle >= 975
    aimed shot >= 784

I hope itll not come to that

Originally posted by Riokou
    Yes, I agree totally. But....hehe.

Wrangeline - Trader am I correct?

From what you posted, Am I correct in saying you should not as PvP 'heavy' as you are?

And Georg, from what she posted Enf just earned the "Enforcer" name with the introduction of the EQB and Im actually quite happy because of it.

Which means, we are finally able to ENFORCE (whatever that means, hehe KEEL! ) Stuff, be Real fighters.

Does this mean you are willing to give up the gun and be thee 'doctor'?

Or do you still want a chance in pvp vs the enforcer?
    Actually i think a lot of people can tell you that Georg like only a few other docs out there focus more on healing their teamates than go for the kills. If you notice most docs whine about their damage, indicating that they are lookin for the 'keelz.'

And EPing the **** out of my HoTs/expertises before a duel and giving me first degree burns x100. But thats another story. =)

As for a chance in pvp vs the enforcer, look, a whole damn 3 or 4 threads were made to nerf your weapons because of a duel, and now you're upset that docs can beat enfs in a 1v1 duel?
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Abrikoosje
    Dunno if they happened to change the descritpion with the change of the nano tho... but I think if this description hasnt changed at all since creation of it, then the nerf was to be honest a fix.
    They changed the description after they nerfed the nano line..

Originally posted by Megabio
    heh so true, but so late ... makes me think about all those people that whined about TMS reflecting 75%,

Oh come on... That NEEDED to be nerfed. Do you have any idea what it was like? lol The 75% reflect STILL worked, but it also reflect damage back onto you. It was like:

You hit XXX TMS'd soldier witth 320 points of burst damage!
    XXX's soldier's reflect shield hit you for 941 points of damage!

Thank goodness there were not many high level soldiers back then, heh.

~Chris
    Oh yeah of course that needed to be nerfed, and also burst, then FA then sunburst. As i said no one had to smash on us, and yes i was there only i was casting volcanic on the grid from across the wall usually.
    But of course those nerf had to happend lmao who says they HAD to ?
    And Anri they changed the damn description after the nerf.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Stromm
    And EPing the **** out of my HoTs/expertises before a duel and giving me first degree burns x100. But thats another story. =)
    Err... *looks innocent*

LOL yes, I love duelling fixers too

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions