Thread: "You died of nano damage..." yet I was never attacked. What's gives?

"You died of nano damage..." yet I was never attacked. What's gives?

Rather interesting turn of evens in Avalon tonight. On my level 65 nanomage doc sitting next to a level 65 solitus martial artists. Sitting quietly when all of a sudden we are both insta-killed. Neither one of us received an "Attacked by..." message. The only three messages on our screens were "You died of nano damage..." the familiar items available at reclaim in 75 seconds and "changing area" accompanied with white screen. What just happened? Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Before anyone jumps the gun with theories on what happened please keep in mind this is a 75% area. We were not attacked by mobs. We were not PvP flagged. My solitus friend has about 1,500 health, I have about 1,100 myself. Again, we were insta-kill so whatever happened whipped out 1,500 health in the blink of an eye. I logged on with my main character to scout the area. No mobs whatsoever. The only activity in the area was clanners and Omni raiding Tarasque.

I can't see any logical explanation for this. Again, has anyone seen this happen before?

Are there any mobs in the vicinity that are unique and boss type.?

Someone could be pulling a (newland - greasy joints) stunt and pulling around a mob that does area damage.

Originally posted by Riokou

Someone could be pulling a (newland - greasy joints) stunt and pulling around a mob that does area damage.
    That sounds like the most likely culprit. Unless.....maybe....the whompa was struck by lightning, causing them to overload and release coffee which shortcircuited the lamp posts which then released a Goliath-Class Juggernaut which then sat on you.
    But...I doubt that's likely.
    ~Q~
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

Originally posted by Riokou

There are no regular and/or unique mobs in Avalon, that I know of, that do nano damage. The newest mobs are the Omni guards at the Omni OPs, but to the best of my knowledge they do energy or projectile.

Sounds like a message from trap damage. But I cant imagine what from...
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.
    Helsinki Dual wielding Tellus Soldier
    Chlamydia Combat Medic "turn right and cough..."
    Heygimme Gourmet baby chef and connoisseur.

The Clan-Modified A-4000 is a unique that hangs around northern Avalon and does area nukes that could easily have killed 1.5k hps in a single shot, as I recall.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Yeah, A-4000 is what I thought when i heard avalon...

He's a mean bot.. With mean nukes..

I've been killed by him a couple times.. not fun..

Could be something else that happened to me once too...Was at tara with massive lag (of course) and we got rushed and I got death msg about 5 times, when I popped up at reclaim I got hit for 1500 or so energy dmg and died again, along with a few people that were standing next to me...a min later it pops up in chat window "<random NT> executes Kel's Neutronium Plaything within your NCU..."
    Yagyu for life

Well, its a funny result of really bad lag at least. Though the server should probably discard damage that occured before you were dead that hadn't been applied yet. So a logical bug rather than a program bug.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Last two times when I have fight with Omni inside castle of Camelot, I havent died (or at least seen).

Both times I have just logged back and found myself from reclaim.

Any tips that could help me to be online, would help.
    2c
    Lyijy Engineer
    Zernia2 Ancarim Iron Legion Enforcer

There been times when heard stories from varies people in camelot that during lag battle when they end up at reclaim they die at reclaim again due the AoE nano lag hitting them.

Not sure if that would effect you any but was kinda funny listen to someone saying they died all together at reclaim terminal when not in a fight.