Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't making pets un-rootable....

Wouldn't making pets un-rootable....

....go a long way to making pet classes more uber in PvP? Yeah im sure someone has suggested it before but not everyone can read every thread on every board. no root, no calm, no snare, big slayer, little me, ouch.

Would be nice, but would be a bit overpowering, imo. Making them immune to mezzes/charms would be a good thing though. You shouldn't be able to mez my pet, I control the damn thing.

~Chris

posted by Ethernal

You shouldn't be able to mez my pet, I control the damn thing.
    Agreed. Have the mez effect a player's pet the same way it would effect the player.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

w00t better idea's driven by you!

How about they fix pathing, so it doesn't hump a dune? Or when you get CCed out of an area and it stays in the area you were CCed out of and you can't get it range for it to follow your commands? How about that gets fixed? How about losing the pet's auto hate list that does nothing but get it lost? Any of those things would help pet classes. Roots are no biggie, charms and mezzes are no biggie, but personally the only thing I depend on my pet for is it not being around when I want it to.

Originally posted by Megabio
    Would be nice, but would be a bit overpowering, imo. Making them immune to mezzes/charms would be a good thing though. You shouldn't be able to mez my pet, I control the damn thing.

~Chris

LOL nothing is overpowering about mp pets

If evocation lasted longer than 22 seconds, maybe, but as it sits most folks can laugh our pets off.

As for the mezz, I totally agree. Okay, role play perspective. MP pets are created using the negative energy (anger) from the MP. So, speaking from an rp perspective, wouldn't casting a "calm" on the pet make it disappear?

Oh wait, I better shutup before they implement that into the next patch. After all, they consider us to be a "working" pet class...
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Make pet auto warp to the target and kill in one shot so we can get some new fresh nerf spam. Im tired of the Enf, Doc, Trader, Fixer stories.

What about that engy or MP that sicks a pet on me in a mass tower battle. Am I not supposed to calm this thing, just root it and sit there while I'm getting slingshotted back to him? Or not being able to heal because hes attacking me?

All I want them to do is fix pathing, the rest of this is just silly talk.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    What about that engy or MP that sicks a pet on me in a mass tower battle. Am I not supposed to calm this thing, just root it and sit there while I'm getting slingshotted back to him? Or not being able to heal because hes attacking me?
    As you said yourself you can still root them. MPs, and especially engineers, currently have 0% usefullness in mass PvP. We send in the pet.. it's rooted/calmed/charmed/whatevered in a mere second. Of course, we can go in with our pet and get killed ourselves, and martial arts no longer does the damage it used to because of the crit nerf, so even when we do get close to the targets we generally don't do much damage.

So, I don't see what your point is. Maybe I should whine about how I can't mez you and you keep rooting me / nuking me?

~Chris

Does the crowd limiting stuff do anything to pets? Other than messing with the owner, I mean.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

As for MP's. Mezz me and maybe you get my pets mezzed. My pets are an extension of my anger hatred and emity towards the enemy. Calm me and you've calmed my pets.

As for a god damned robot? How do you mesmerize a machine who has a computer program set in it to kill you?

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    As for MP's. Mezz me and maybe you get my pets mezzed. My pets are an extension of my anger hatred and emity towards the enemy. Calm me and you've calmed my pets.

As for a god damned robot? How do you mesmerize a machine who has a computer program set in it to kill you?
    AMEN!

Also, charms make no f***ing sense whatsoever on pets. For an MP, my pet is supposed to be a representation of *my* anger, not a real construct. How can someone charm my emotions (well other than Britney Spears, Halle Berry and Kupotek)? Same goes with fears. With engi pets, it's even more ridiculous as the pet supposedly obeys its master through a cybernetic link in the brain of the engineer.

As far as pets go, fears and charms and mezzes should be pvm tools only. Barring that, I would like MPs, Engis and Crats to receive a nano to steal your gun or stick. Sounds ridiculous.

Pets should not have their own wills, nor should they have emotions such as fear. They should simply be mindless automotons, treated in the same manner as a bullet.

Funcom did something right actually, by giving engi pets VERY nice nano resistance and resistance to stuns/mezzes/snares and roots. Now can anyone explain the logic in only giving that to *one* class of pets? MP pets are pretty lame in the damage department, with semi good reason of course, so it would not be overpowering at all to give them MUCH higher nano resistance. Well, ANY nano resistance would be good.

For those that don't know, here's how it works for MPs:

Like the other pet classes, we got AMS buffs for our pets so they can actually hit someone in pvp. But unlike the other classes, ours lasts for, ready for this? Twenty two seconds...

With high NanoC init, I can insta cast it of course, but the nano has a 6.5 second recharge. so in a fight, it works like this.

Alt-tab, Alt-tab,Alt-tab,Alt-tab,Alt-tab,Alt-tab, until I find my pet and target it

Cast Evocation

wait 6.5 seconds

Cast debuff (our 'uber' debuff that everyone claims is overpowering is nanoshutdown so let's use that)

with over 1000 init, ns takes 3.5 seconds to cast, factor in a 2-3 second delay to target my attacker

6(ish) second recharge

Evocation has expired. Where exactly do MP's get the opportunity to nuke?

Do you see why we're upset?

Of course you don't. MPs have stuns, right?

Alt-tab, Alt-tab,Alt-tab,Alt-tab,Alt-tab,Alt-tab, until I find my pet and target it

Cast Evocation

wait 6.5 seconds

insta cast curse of Chronos to slow our target down

ten second recharge

During these poorly timed recharges, we can't nuke, we can't debuff, we cant rebuff our pet. We can only plink away with a laughably low attack rating on our gun/stick/fists/whatever

Why is it that MPs are the only ones that think this is moronic? surely if your class was affected by something similar to this, you'd be flaming up and down these boards. That goes for any profession.

Whoops, got off topic here slightly. It's late and I need bedtime :P

My point is, there's nothing you can do short of giving all pet classes tactical nuclear missiles that would ever make them "overpowered". If enforcers don't think the enhanced queen blade is overpowered and Soldiers don't think their bfg is overpowered and fixers don't think ga4 is overpowered, then why in the hell would unrootable pets be overpowered? What, is everyone worried that the "Deacon's pet tried to hit you but missed!" messages will overpower you by filling the screen with spam?

"Nerf MPs, those missed messages are causing me to miss important information on guild chat". Get serious. We're pet classes, they are our weapons and our tanks. You should not be able to ignore pets that easily, that's the entire logic behind giving us the worst hp in the game. At least they got engi pets partially right. Too bad the highest pet buffs aren't self castable at level 200

FOOT HUGGLEZ!!!
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Jan 6th, 2003 at 09:57:51.

Also, charms make no f***ing sense whatsoever on pets. For an MP, my pet is supposed to be a representation of *my* anger, not a real construct. How can someone charm my emotions (well other than Britney Spears, Halle Berry and Kupotek)?
    LOL Forwarded this quote to my friend, we always search for your posts so we can have a good laugh at work

edit: oop, im becomming the offtopic queen. Yes, charms/calms should not work in pvp, and lol MP pets arent hat super in pvp anyways; withg Letah I cast Decrep (best unstable init debuff) on the healpet but I ignore the rest, says enough how dangerous they are. I see the demon pet as a mini-ma
    Last edited by Letah; Jan 6th, 2003 at 10:39:01.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Listen to deac, he speaks truth. The meta spends 80% of his fighting time in nano-recharge... fun fun fun, and oh so useful.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

I dont know why, but the MP's pet are redicules.
    My demon almost cant hit anything, even when it's buffed.

And I must say: We dont stand a chance in PvP without our pets.. And of course every enemy you meet when you are PvP'ing are casting calm and root. And guess what; then you cant use your pets.. HAHA, so funny.. We could as well jump around in pink underwear and sing "I'm singing in the rain". :=)
    Wilderbeast - lvl 197 MP

Ragnarok

By the time NSD would land on the doc, both you, and the mp would be out of nano and forced to evac Insida... no one can kill high TL5/ TL6 docs it seems.

[edit]
    Not every 1 can render our pets useless.. just..
    MA(scares)
    Adv (Target out of combat calm on heal pet)
    Fixer(roots/snares)
    Trader(roots/calms)
    NT(roots/calms)
    Crat(roots/calms)
    Enforcer(scares)
    Agent(roots)
    Doc (init debuffed pets are LAME!)
    Last edited by Alpherah!; Jan 6th, 2003 at 17:55:29.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Well, maybe that would make you think "Ohh, ****" and say to your org "Ppl, they have lots of MP's" instead of thinking "LOL"
    Talornin the cranky and rude Meta-Physicist.
    When in danger
    When in doubt
    Run in circels
    Scream and shout!

Talornin was born on Wed Dec 26 21:36:26 2001
    Talornin dinged 220/30/70 on Sat Apr 12 13:24:24 2014

Finally!

Originally posted by p0is0n
    By the time NSD would land on the doc, both you, and the mp would be out of nano and forced to evac Insida... no one can kill high TL5/ TL6 docs it seems.

[edit]
    Not every 1 can render our pets useless.. just..
    MA(scares)
    Adv (Target out of combat calm on heal pet)
    Fixer(roots/snares)
    Trader(roots/calms)
    NT(roots/calms)
    Crat(roots/calms)
    Enforcer(scares)
    Agent(roots)
    Doc (init debuffed pets are LAME!)
    I KILLED DRSNURRE JUST THE OTHER DAY LVL 180+ DOC

Sorry doc, you're like a twelve point buck. I just gotta put your head on the wall and act like it means something

MPs are still the scourge of casters and nano reliant professions, just alot of MPs aren't playing their toon right. We should and can be strong against NTs, GA fixers (when our freaking nanos actually cast lol) traders, docs and to some extent, adventurers. These days we're strong against MAs, which I really do not like. MAs are supposed to be a combat class like soldiers and enforcers, so we should be weak against them. Things are a bit more balanced now at least. I should not be able to kick an enforcer's ass, but six months ago I could. Today, I get owned unless I get really lucky with a debuff, as I rightfully should get owned.

The only way I win fights (this is only arena btw, we're pretty sad in mass pvp unless we sneak up on an individual opponent) is by ignoring half of my toolset and jumping around like a damned fool, which seems a bit lame. Sure, I win, but I look *really* bad doing it.

We have two lines of short term damage buffs for our pet and one line of long term (almsot useless) damage buff. The two short term lines are anima and evocation.

Anima buffs add a good hefty amount of damage to the pet's attack (like 239 for the highest) but do not add to the pet's attack rating. They last for about 24 or 26 seconds.

Evocations add to AMS (far less than the engi's, but I can understand why) and also add to damage. Lasts for 22 seconds. And it does not stack with anima. Is there a purpose for this??

What we MPs ask for is to have the two lines split. Evocation should add the attack rating boost and last for oh say 30 minutes and stack with Anima, instead of replacing it. My addition would be to have anima and evocation buffs have a .5 second recharge. It's a buff for god's sake, don't freeze all of our nanos because we're buffing our pet.

Pets aren't easy to target at all. You either have to ctrl-tab until you find it or you have to manually click on the pet. In doing so, you lose targetting of your opponent. And oh, did I mention the 6.5 second recharge for the buff? So unless it's at the very beginning of a fight, our one decent pet buff gets unused.

MP pets are the 90 pound weaklings of the pet world. You're not going to win a fight with a demon, it's too damned slow. I used the transcendent enmity pet in all my fights, both pvm and pvp. Fully buffed, the enmity hits for 30 less damage per hit in pvp. But the thing is, it hits with both "fists", as opposed to the demon's one fist. Enmity double hits. So you potentially have nearly twice the damage output from an enmity at the expense of hp. But who attacks pets? Folks ignore the pet and go straight for the MP. Again, this makes no sense.

A good correction for this would be to double the damage per hit of the cacodemon and raise his innate attack rating to around 850 (currently it's 670).

MPs take damage far too fast and easily to make them effective in mass pvp, unless again we sneak up on an individual opponent on a relatively empty battlefield. We need a reason for a human opponent to stay away from us.

I fought Superslang a while back with all the new engi nanos (I buffed him with mochams pre-fight) and I've gotta say that his pet was terrifying. Fully buffed, a slayer has somewhere like a 1500 attack rating, high resistance to stuns/roots/snares and also has its own area snare. I could barely beat super as I was so busy running from his pet, which was eating me alive. When I was actually within range of slaggie to burst, his absorption shield soaked up ALL of the damage. I wasn't even doing a good job running from his pet when the area snare was up.

THIS MAKES SENSE. I was forced to try and deal with his pet instead of ignoring it and going straight for slaggie. I couldn't even stun his pet. Again, this makes sense.

Pets should not be that freaking easy to ignore. When you root my pets and come after me, what can I do to stop you? 3 second stun that locks all my nanos for 10 seconds? Pets should be unrootable or have a very high resistance to roots. Plain and simple, especially for MPs, as our pets are not real, but an extension of our emotions. This is partially working for engis, but I feel like MPs *really* got the shaft.

If our pets are going to suck, we need much better offensive and defensive capabilities. I want to be the "cactus of pvp", meaning you'd rather not attack me. I made some suggestions in the MP forum about improving creation weapons. Our damage with conventional weapons is a complete and total waste of time. Creation weapons on the other hand use time and space as 80% of the attack rating (still not sure why this isn't matter creation, but oh well) and is the single type of weapon we can achieve a decent attack rating with. These need to be revisited and improved upon if we're ever going to become useful.

My whole purpose for all this babbling is to inform non pet classes (well I speak from an MP's perspective on all this, as I've never played a crat or engi) on why we're whining all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast