Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who "should' be the best prof for PvP.

Who "should' be the best prof for PvP.

Everyone talks about nerf eqb, nerf doc heals, nerf fixer armor, nerf NT ga killer, nerf AS, nerf trader drains, nerf nerf nerf. Nobody suggests who(if anyone) SHOULD be the best PvP prof. Should each prof have 1 profession that can own them? Should some profs completely suck ass in PvP?

I think it should go like this:

tier 1:
    -Enforcer own (brut power, demolish)
    -Soldier own (brut power, demolish)
    -MA own (ninja style)
    -NT own (deadly magic)

tier 2:
    -Agent semi-own (long distance 1 shot kills but easily killed)
    -fixer semi-own(crap damage but nearly impossible to kill)
    -Meta-phys semi-own(should be very unpredictable. Sometimes majorly own but sometimes get owned easily. They are after all using theoretical tactics).
    -Adventurer semi-own(should be weak as a leet in the cities but have HUGE bonuses in the wild).

tier 3:
    -trader crap (f00kin tradeskill chars shouldn't kill in PvP but should be rich beyond belief)
    -Crats crap (they are pretty much already crap but should be given abilities to control who fights. mind manipulation)
    -Engi's crap(same as trader)
    -doc's crap(shouldn't even be allowed to wear a gun or even hit the attack button. Should be nearly impossible to kill though)

-Arsiine

*edit, forgot the darn adv.
    Last edited by arsiine; Jan 4th, 2003 at 04:22:02.

This.... Is what ao SHOULD have been like from the start.

But those who spoke the first whine, got it to where we are today.

NON REALISTIC PROFFESIONS THAT ARE PVP-ABLE.

Dunno why but -NT own (deadly magic)

made me laugh :P

REALISTIC!!!!!??????????

****...... that was funny....

What the heck is realistic with a NT, Enforcer(roflmao), agent and so on in year 26000and some...???

Lol, now i can log of with a smile
    Knowing i'm supposed to play a realistic game... damn why the heck dont we have save terminals in year 2003... think of all the funny stuff we could have done....

Fryli, I meant Realistic for the NAME Of the proffession.

Does doctor sound like a fighter? nope.

I am sorry that you are not able to understand this.

Tard.

Sorry for me....

Seems like only one you are sorry for is yourself having a hard time killing a cpl professions... maybe FC should even make it easier to OWN everyone for you profession.

Does Doctor sound like i fighter? nope not in the rl-terms... and how most ppl like to think of them... but if u kinda look into their knowlege u will see that they know a ****tload about how to kill ppl... And most doc's have 2 arms like most other profession... so i can t see why they shold not be able to pick up a gun and shoot with it. They wont be as good as other professions, and have less skills because they are mostly trainde in other areas...

Doc's... it's not like u come running into the hospital for a doc to heal your sore azz... we are out in the field, and that makes us field-medics...doesnt it..? And if u take a look at that profession.... that might give u a clue what FC was thinking about what our profession was to be.

Realistic.... for the name of the profession...? tell me what is realistic about i.e a nanotec... i cant from the profession name tell that the profession should be a badazz dmg dealer.

Calling me a Tard really made your point did it not?
    Was a really good one, it sure made me think...yea...she really had a point... /not...

Actually, I beg to argue with you. Doing tradeskills, I make less money then blitzing for Anima missions (which an enforcer/fixer can do a lot better). Not saying that engies should be teh yber or anything in PvP but just a correction.

~Chris

Sorry, I have no problems with any proffessions anymore.
    I simply, DO NOT care anymore. I just have to live with it.

But I do wish there was predators and Prey. And non aggresive types that are only good in defence.

But then wouldnt everyone make the fighter type, well maybe not.

It would then, ofcourse promote team play. Where doctors do 'only heal'. And the pillar of hope is your enforcer or soldier leading the party, backed by a nanotech in the foreground casting away jaw droppingly stunning programs.

Eh but wtf, thse days anyone has a shot at everything.
    I myself cannot use a queenblade (irelivant to topic) Im 154 and have been running missions, well I also have not been well this week, and I work week-ends so I think ill make it next week. Hopefully Ill get to try an enforcer a second time around, for a bit? as a real fighter. But we are no way invincible goliaths.

... Also

My friend started up ao a few days ago after a few months, he made an engineer to 'build stuff', and 'command a robot'. I couldnt help but laugh. Hes around level 90 now and is realising how anyoing pet classes can be. Shame. I did warn him, tho trader where too complicated for him.

As to 'Who "should' be the best prof for PvP.'

Soldier/Enf/MA/NT.

Soldier Ranged Weapon.
    Enforcer Melee Weapon Combat.
    Martial Artist Unarmed Combat
    Nanotechnician Combat Nano Programs

The rest should have a bit of each, soem diversity but in now way superior in a skill to one of these.

These proffesion should have a master skill, a primary skill another classes CANNOT be good in. As to what I dont know, Shadowlands will NO DOUBT **** the whole system up and Crats will be uber, just you wait.

Originally posted by Megabio
    Actually, I beg to argue with you. Doing tradeskills, I make less money then blitzing for Anima missions (which an enforcer/fixer can do a lot better). Not saying that engies should be teh yber or anything in PvP but just a correction.

~Chris
    I finally got it.
    They should make the engineer bots much more versitile (versa? Im sucky at spelling). Or at least make them something to worry about. Make them STRONGER. And give engineers (yes you may oppose) but make it so they cannot use weapon TOO good. Ive seen some with manex and the burst can do alot of damage.

But the engineer himself should have alot of defensive programs, hidden away in a shell of protection while is robot does his stuff.

Maybe introduce new lines of robots and Tranferences, At Least its something.

If engineer are to be good at pvp ever, it should be the robot itself and not the engineer.

Thats what should be unique.
    As far as MP's and Crats go, I dont know, Im not exactly at my most creative mind, Its uh 5:15am I should have been in bed hours ago, but these boards+ao are Addictive as hell and I must mooch some post count ++.

MEDIC! Headache ;(

Re: Who "should' be the best prof for PvP.

Originally posted by arsiine
    Everyone talks about nerf eqb, nerf doc heals, nerf fixer armor, nerf NT ga killer, nerf AS, nerf trader drains, nerf nerf nerf. Nobody suggests who(if anyone) SHOULD be the best PvP prof. Should each prof have 1 profession that can own them? Should some profs completely suck ass in PvP?

tier 1:
    -MA own (ninja style)
    -NT own (deadly magic)

tier 2:
    -Agent semi-own (long distance 1 shot kills but easily killed)
    -fixer semi-own(crap damage but nearly impossible to kill)
    -Meta-phys semi-own(should be very unpredictable. Sometimes majorly own but sometimes get owned easily. They are after all using theoretical tactics).
    -Adventurer semi-own(should be weak as a leet in the cities but have HUGE bonuses in the wild).

tier 3:
    -trader crap (f00kin tradeskill chars shouldn't kill in PvP but should be rich beyond belief)
    -Crats crap (they are pretty much already crap but should be given abilities to control who fights. mind manipulation)
    -Engi's crap(same as trader)
    -doc's crap(shouldn't even be allowed to wear a gun or even hit the attack button. Should be nearly impossible to kill though)

-Arsiine

*edit, forgot the darn adv.
    One shot kills for agents!?!?!?!?!? When did pvp go back to 100%??????
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

One shot kill would suck, you could rack up titles easy :P
    OOOOOOH ROOKIE *one shot kill*

Wait till it comes back ;]
    Rinse repeat etc.

Soldiers, duh, but funcoms not nice, traders are mean, and i can't even kill a doctor. I want a pony.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

No way ponys are too uber.

soldiers on the top tier? maybe at lvl 190+ with the aug guns...but until then...it's very different...however i'm not even 175 yet...so i don't even know what the boosted guns are like

right now i feel more towards the bottom...no prof can i kill easily

Re: Re: Who "should' be the best prof for PvP.

Originally posted by Grupert

One shot kills for agents!?!?!?!?!? When did pvp go back to 100%??????
    Aimed is still capped at 10k, so even still it wouldn't be..

::Shrug::

To address the original poster..

And any dufus can use AS and get a 10k aimed. Unless a special
    "lighter" cap were placed on agent AS's, it wouldn't help us get
    ahead at all. We have some of the most gimped defensive
    capabilities, period, expensive dev and evades, no effective heals,
    no HoTs that are our own, no nothing. But that doesn't bother
    me as much as the fact that we are no way what our titles state.

Assassins.

An assassin should be able to kill just about anyone if they do
    their job right. But we're gimps who can crit 3 times. It doesn't
    make us good, though. FC needs to stop gimping agents because
    in their twisted minds PF/AP/MP is a strength in PvP. We need
    native nano programs, like Nanopool drains over time, much like a
    doctor DoT nano line. AoE debuffs, like blinds (Smoke screen),
    nano resist debuffs, evade debuffs, and an improved DoT line.

If FC is intent on gimping our defense, then we need to be able
    to cripple our opponents to enough of a degree to not be killed
    instantly. Are we in a lower tier? Yes. Should we be? Hell **** no.

Just because a class is based on brute power, it doesn't mean
    that they should be the best PvP class. No one should. Everyone
    should *hope* for balance, as unrealistic as it is. Agents, as a
    class that is described as one of assassination, should be as
    deadly as any of the above listed, just in an alltogether different way.

Simple answer:

None and all!

Its a game ffs.

Phear mah deadly magic mutha fuka!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Bleh where dose it say traders only do trade skills.

They take you skill/Health/Energy from you and can keep it or give it to others.

If they keep it = good in pvp

Give it to others = Good in mission/PvM

Traders don't only do tradeskills
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Theorically it should be a soldier (Ranged mass damage and TMS(think i m gonna lugh here ..) or NT ( Range mass damage (...) and nullity.
    It was like this before the whineys took away the 80m range on nukes and the 100% dmg, 75% reflect on the TMS
    Enf should be 1st "toe to toe" maybe with MAs.
    But ranged should be on top just because they have range, well i think.
    Infamine 200 soljah

No one should be "best." Period.

All I want is balance. Not "if you want to be the best you must be one of the following professions."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Re: Who "should' be the best prof for PvP.

Originally posted by arsiine

tier 1:
    -MA own (ninja style)
    -NT own (deadly magic)
    And, if this were true... how many ppl do you think wouldn't play these chars as their mains and forego the rest? I'd say a good 90% of the population would be these 4, and 10% the rest.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast