Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trader love time!

Trader love time!

its way about time traders got some special loot!

only thing out there is a ****ty figuriine that we can use.
    not only for us, the other proffs got one to

give us a Nasty shotty plz!
    fast and high damage !
    removing the critnerf is bad on shotty users!
    give us a Trader only shotty!!!!
    and not a crappy gun mind ya
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Can't we just borrow a little from D&D ?

I'd like Power Word, Kill ples

edit:
    Wail of the Banshee should be good too
    Last edited by OddLogic; Jan 4th, 2003 at 05:13:23.

Yeah, more stuff for the already uber traders. And while your at it, give lots of loving to docs. One can never be tooo uber, right?
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Damage on EQB needs to be increased as well. Due to the fact that enforcers can't seem to kill every profession every time, funcom has changed the QB/EQB's attack to 1/1.

~Chris

I agree make it a tradeskill gun that is no-drop so u have to actually be a real trader to get u one

Ithy speed with radiation damage
    keep fling and as

note tradeskill weapon maybe we can change ql 199 ithy into this weapon kinda like MCS
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

How about they give traders some babies?

And everytime they right-click them, text pops up over their head of "Mmmm, baby." and an item drops to the ground called "Baby Bones".

Sorry, sorry, tired, will go away now.

How about traders stop asking for things that should never, ever be theirs?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Traders

Now the original poster may have been joking, along with a few others posting. But there are a couple thing I think need to be said.

Everyone calls Traders uber because of one reason: they got Divested/Plundered in PvP at some time. That's it. Nothing more. You get beat by a Trader in PvP and that makes the entire profession this Uber, God Mode on class that allegedly needs nothing.

If scanning before a PvP fight didn't prevent you from losing items, I'd agree traders are uber. But the reality of the situation is that abilitty yall hate so much only covers PvP. In the other 90% of the game, the part that doesn't involve PvP, Traders are fairly ordinary.

You do realize of all the professions, the Trader profession is the profession closest to its original release state?
    1. In terms of added nano lines, Traders have only gotten a line to allow them to enter the grid and a charm line which never worked. Compare that to the nanos added to other professions and what they do for a second.
    2. In terms of profession specific items, they have gotten only Barter Armor. Compare that to the number of items other professions have that have "Profession: XXX" marked on them and what abilities they grant to that profession.

I'm not going to try and lie by saying traders are horribly broken and need immediate attention (like some of you do with your profession). But what a lot of people that keep claiming traders are uber need to do is quit acting like a 4 year old, whining about the time that little Billy down the road beat them while playing on their Gamecubes. Traders excel at PvP, which is not the majority of the game. Traders excel at tradeskills, which every single one of you have to admit (if you're an honest person) are extremely lacking in many areas. Everywhere else, in the majority of the gameplay in AO, Traders are fairly mediocre.
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jan 4th, 2003 at 17:08:11.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

While I agree with your assessment, I'll just mention Wrangles, probably the most saleable buff on the servers. Traders excel in PvP, in tradeskills (which, you're right, need a lot of attention) and in buffing.

Traders can do huge damage in PvM when the crits start to roll, but they don't seem to be able to tank in my experience. That restricts them to mediocre PvM performance, especially in solo play.

Traders could do with their charms fixing, then step back and see what the class looks like. However, the idea of a Trader-only weapon just doesn't sit right with me. There are a few Soldier only weapons, but they're a weapons class so it makes sense, likewise the Enforcers. Adventurers have some, but that was part of a class fix, a way to increase the Adventurer's damage output without unbalancing the rest of the game. Traders already have an excellent damage output, so I really don't think they need a Trader-only shottie any more than Docs need a Doc-only pistol.

In fact, it's difficult to find a niche where Trader items are really needed. They already have all the self-only buffs they might need, being able to buff weapon skills and nano skills via drains and trade skills via masteries etc. That could be the basic problem - what should a Trader item actually do that they can't do already?

Cheers,

~R~

Originally posted by Soyuz
    While I agree with your assessment, I'll just mention Wrangles, probably the most saleable buff on the servers. Traders excel in PvP, in tradeskills (which, you're right, need a lot of attention) and in buffing.

Traders can do huge damage in PvM when the crits start to roll, but they don't seem to be able to tank in my experience. That restricts them to mediocre PvM performance, especially in solo play.

Traders could do with their charms fixing, then step back and see what the class looks like. However, the idea of a Trader-only weapon just doesn't sit right with me. There are a few Soldier only weapons, but they're a weapons class so it makes sense, likewise the Enforcers. Adventurers have some, but that was part of a class fix, a way to increase the Adventurer's damage output without unbalancing the rest of the game. Traders already have an excellent damage output, so I really don't think they need a Trader-only shottie any more than Docs need a Doc-only pistol.

In fact, it's difficult to find a niche where Trader items are really needed. They already have all the self-only buffs they might need, being able to buff weapon skills and nano skills via drains and trade skills via masteries etc. That could be the basic problem - what should a Trader item actually do that they can't do already?

Cheers,

~R~
    Never said that traders needed a weapon. In fact I hate the idea of profession specific weapons. They force people to wield that weapon and be just like everyone else.

What Traders need is some attention to the imbalanced nanoformulas, broken nanoformulas, and tradeskill items. I'm not interested in doing more damage. Don't want to. I'm not supposed to be a soldier or nt

You mention wrangles. Wrangles are probably the most misused nanoformula in the game. Their short length and the fact that they penalties can be offset somewhat by Divest/Plunder shows they were meant to be used in the field. Not for helping to OE someone 1 time. But to boost team skills while adventuring. But in a practical sense, the wrangle eats up too much NCU for that purpose and is now an OE tool.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

We don't need better shotguns, just more to choose from.

More shotguns? Good.

More profession-specific weapons? Bad.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Originally posted by Jellobiafra
    Yeah, more stuff for the already uber traders. And while your at it, give lots of loving to docs. One can never be tooo uber, right?
    ROFL I am trying my hardest not to laugh my ass off but coming from a fixer that is extremely funny.

Have you played a Doc or a trader?? Well i'll tell you i have and neither are as uber as your fixer.

And trader is only a good PvP class if you have time to twink the hell out of it and are very good at PvP. Its not like some profs like say enforcer and fixer where you can beat alot of people just because you are a enforcer/fixer. I've been PvPing my trader alot lately and i still can't PvP with him as good as i could with my enforcer. 1/2 the time i am almost dead after the alpha strike. and i can't heal because i am trying to plunder the skills away. I have no idea how some people are so good in PvP with their traders but hats off to em cause its not as easy as some people think.
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; Jan 4th, 2003 at 20:38:53.

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

ROFL I am trying my hardest not to laugh my ass off but coming from a fixer that is extremely funny.

Have you played a Doc or a trader?? Well i'll tell you i have and neither are as uber as your fixer.

And trader is only a good PvP class if you have time to twink the hell out of it and are very good at PvP. Its not like some profs like say enforcer and fixer where you can beat alot of people just because you are a enforcer/fixer. I've been PvPing my trader alot lately and i still can't PvP with him as good as i could with my enforcer. 1/2 the time i am almost dead after the alpha strike. and i can't heal because i am trying to plunder the skills away. I have no idea how some people are so good in PvP with their traders but hats off to em cause its not as easy as some people think.
    Can yall stop pointing around??? (yes I got a fixer now, but that dont matter in this case... I also have a trader.... I have an MA etc etc... )

Originally posted by Abrikoosje

Can yall stop pointing around??? (yes I got a fixer now, but that dont matter in this case... I also have a trader.... I have an MA etc etc... )
    Erm...NO!

Maybe it's time for Traders to respond back in kind. Traders have been routinely and constantly accused of being some uber class that does not exist. All because someone was the victim of a Divest/Plunder in PvP. And I'm almost positive that because of all those same accusations, Traders have become the most neglected profession out there. They definately have led to some of the worst 'fixes' to the profession (DHP, anyone?)

Maybe if Traders started pointing back every time some "Nerf the Traders!" nitwit whose diapers are still in a knot over getting Divested/Plundered, the more sensible members of said nitwit's profession would shut them up for us. Lest they find that Funcom, seeing the points made by Traders responding in kind, start neglecting their profession. Or worse.

Every profession in AO is routinely begging for some 'Love Patch' to make them uber. Funcom has responded to some of them. Traders have not begged for a single thing and have received the least amount of new abilities and new items of any profession in the game. While facing balance and bug issues easily on par with, or worse than, some of those professions (being rooted as a statue for the duration of a charm, despite getting hit or having the pet killed? Oh come on). And when someone does dare to speak and ask for anything, they have to endure the constant "You're Uber so shut up" junk spewed constantly?

Nah...I think maybe Traders do need to start making a little noise about some other professions.

[/rant]

Totally agree. At the endgame the trader simply isn't as powerfull as a doctor, GA4 fixer and especially enforcer and soldier. (not that they should be as good as the weapons classes in pvp). Also agents would be above trader as they can mimic trader and use drains and such to get satanic AR's.

Now that crits are nerfed in pvp many high level traders are going manex. They go full def during drains the switch to full aggro once opponants ar is wracked. I guess that gives them an option as shottys just don't cut it anymore in pvp.

Not sure how to handle this. Perhaps a shotty that is simmilar in stats to the Good old Vek but that has fling and burst or something. Not the "pray for a crit" ithica.

But yea. I do aggree that traders have way too much of a bad rep for how "powerfull" they are in pvp. And my main is an nt.

OK.

Let me put it you this way.

The original poster asked for new, more powerful shotguns.

There's NOTHING wrong with the shotguns you have. I in fact submit that the available shotguns are every bit as good as, say, the available SMGs (excepting Manex), BECAUSE THEY ARE.

Would you rather have an Ithaca or a Sol Chironis? I'd rather have an Ithaca.

Would you rather have a HD or a MCS? If you like specials, replace HD with Medium Shotty. Either way, I think there's a lot to be said for the shotguns.

Traders have PERFECTLY adequate weapons as is. You aren't supposed to be prime damage dealers - if you think you are, you need to stop smoking crack. Your weapons should be, at best, around the level of fixers. Remember that you can, when drained, achieve a good attack rating with ANY gun, and therefore the "but it's a blue skill" complaint is a bunch of crap.

Traders aren't gods. My personal opinions on skill debuffs in PvP are that they're too powerful as a general thing, but I've tried playing a trader (didn't like it much) and I understand you aren't gods.

Now you guys need to understand that traders are pretty well off the way they are, and that asking for better weapons is just going to piss off other professions who have a valid point.

Traders don't need new guns.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Actually KrazyKanuck I have played a doctor and very effectivly, I can tell you without a doubt my doctors survivability is by far longer than my 6 second soon to be dead or attampting evac through lag GA fixer. So no mass PvP uberness there.
    As far as "Everyone calls Traders uber because of one reason: they got Divested/Plundered in PvP at some time. That's it. Nothing more"
    Well you make that sound so casual, being set back 50 levels in nano skills and attack ability is an enormous advantage.
    Its a no brainer why people get so hot about it.
    Personally i dont, even though after im basicly running around naked, at least you can run from a trader, and the attacks dont always stick, I know its more complicated for you guys, so really i dont view them as game breaking unlike the holy NT nano.
    Overall i do agree something should be added to the fun factor of a trader, as it has been a long time, and after all this should be fun.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Originally posted by Alantria
    Actually KrazyKanuck I have played a doctor and very effectivly, I can tell you without a doubt my doctors survivability is by far longer than my 6 second soon to be dead or attampting evac through lag GA fixer. So no mass PvP uberness there.
    As far as "Everyone calls Traders uber because of one reason: they got Divested/Plundered in PvP at some time. That's it. Nothing more"
    Well you make that sound so casual, being set back 50 levels in nano skills and attack ability is an enormous advantage.
    Its a no brainer why people get so hot about it.
    Personally i dont, even though after im basicly running around naked, at least you can run from a trader, and the attacks dont always stick, I know its more complicated for you guys, so really i dont view them as game breaking unlike the holy NT nano.
    Overall i do agree something should be added to the fun factor of a trader, as it has been a long time, and after all this should be fun.
    Yes, I do make it sound casual. It's the most utterly rediculous thing I've ever seen.

What's at risk in PvP? Your XP? Only if you're foolish. Your credits? Again, only if you're foolish. Your items? See the previous statements about foolishness. So is that just cause to make sure that in the other 90% of the gameplay that isn't PvP, traders don't get an ounce of anything? That they get constant calls for nerfs to their profession? That people campaign to basically have the profession destroyed so they don't lose...what? A title.

It's time people started facing up to the reality of what a trader is and is not. Traders have advantages in PvP, granted. PvP means almost nothing in AO, with the exception being tower PvP recently introduced. And seeing as how tower PvP is a group thing, the individual trader's impact there is marginalized. Do you level by participating in PvP? Do you earn credits by participating in PvP? Do you gain items by participating in PvP? Has the majority of your gameplay from level 1 to whatever level you currently are been in PvP? No to all of the above. Then why is it so facking important to make sure that the people playing Traders don't get any breaks whatsoever.

In PvM, Traders have:
    1. Received next to nothing to address the imbalances in the profession.
    2. Received next to nothing in terms of new items to hold their interest in continuing as a trader
    3. Received numerous reductions in their ability, directly or indirectly through fixes and nerfs

I'll make everyone a deal. Next time Funcom gives your profession a new ability or item and yall complain about it, tell Funcom to give it to the Trader profession. Then maybe we wouldn't be almost the exact same profession we were at release.

PS
    Be real people. Out of the 12 professions in game at release, do any of you honestly believe that the Trader Profession was perfect and needed nothing?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast