Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nerf EQB in pvp

I know quite a few agents with high titles who have never set foot in an arena that I can remember. And they'd probably take offense to this post as well.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Smile Everyone wish's....

Everyone wish's to be king or queen of all.

I do not usally post in the "PvP-Conflict" I mostly come here to learn some tips and strats in between some of the funnies, general info, shout outs and yes the many, many whines that people post.

I find it hard for to believe that certain people come here and are upset and b*tch because they can not kill all the other professions other than the one they have picked.

BUT...

Looking about every third or 4th post from between the one NT and agent that has taken up the "cross" for their people. I have seen just bout every other profession say

1) We all have our Paper, Rock& Scissors. **AkA Nemisis**

2) I can beat **fill in profession here** by doing this, or fP into this, or "I just understand, I was not meant to go toe to toe with and enf, so I use skill"

As for the NT that is so upset, let me ask you this

How much respect do you get from GA Fixers now?

Should you be nerf'd because you can "bend over" one of the most dread'd nemisis known. I do not think so.

Learn what you are good at.. Then kill it.

Peace,

Balaa

Originally posted by Arinia
    I know quite a few agents with high titles who have never set foot in an arena that I can remember. And they'd probably take offense to this post as well.
    I know your not a agent with a high PvP title.

Anyways back to the subject at hand "Nerf EQB in pvp"

All there is to be said about that is...

1 VS 1 if your not a doc run for your life.

If you are a doc pray to the gods of low ping.

No need to nerf it though. Let the enforcer's have fun.

Re: Everyone wish's....

Originally posted by Balaa

As for the NT that is so upset, let me ask you this

How much respect do you get from GA Fixers now?

This is a lil' off topic but i get what you're saying.

I'm sure there are a few who go ape**** because a prof can kill them. Pre-NW Trader is a perfect example. My guild pres is a trader and he tells me about how often he gets hate tells in 2ho and threats about 'youre going to die first ****head' and such. I can attest to the fact that as a fixer ive never recieved tells like that unless it was some disgruntled individual i capped at some earlier time. I've also seen some omnis zone out of bunkers to shout obscene things at my friend kromoz(trader) and then zone back in, and keep doing that to curse and insult him through shouts in 2ho. Pretty sad.

But i have to be honest, my respect toward certan NTs hasn't altered a bit ever since the NT nuke. Maddiganed, piercingevil, doppiafaccia and a handful of other NTs im just as much friends with as before the nuke was put into place. Though honestly fixers who say they refuse to buff NTs know (knew one) need to get away from the game for a while..

Also, deezlar does gank. He brought his whole guild to tir today and ryosmurf, nubs, andromea and i kicked their asses out.

I don't think its so much some aesthetic or general personality in agents to be gankers, but it seems as though their special ability tempts them. So far i've seen 2 agents get straight to neo through tir arena by means of ganking/sneaking and several get to novice or apprentice. Tir arena is seriously a haven for these people as there's a zone close by if they end up being attacked by 2 people. The fact that agents can kill pretty much 9 out of 11 professions in 3 or 4 shots is what tempts them to do these things.

I'm sure there are some agents out there who get their titles out of the arena though. From what ive seen hermy is one. Her & deadalus were two people i always saw in 2ho when it used to be more of the big thing.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Re: Piercing

Originally posted by Anikitos
    Nope.....its not the NR of the Rage. Its the fact that i choose to max NR and double implant it together with rage. Rage alone wont save me.
    Wow, you have the wisdom to actually max your nano resist and a whole two (faded and bright) imps too? Everyone does that, actually I have all 3 nano resist implanted together with GA mkIV it lets me resist (if I go full defence and forgo any damage dealing) perhaps 1 out of 3 regular debuffs, have never resisted any nuke. Ofcourse when I am first so debuffed (deprived) I don't resist anything else until the fight is over. +800 nano resist; don't know how the nuking professions overcomes that, the damage shields are usually enough to scare me off. I sure as heck can't land a root and would be a fool to try as our best root has twice the nano cost and has a significantly longer recharge.

Originally posted by Balaa
    1) We all have our Paper, Rock& Scissors. **AkA Nemisis**
    Who is scissors to the enforcers paper? Don't come up with the old boogey man the trader cause he affects most far worse than an enforcer. Enforcers got it all and puts even the pre crit nerf uber MAs to shame.
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jan 7th, 2003 at 08:15:52.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Re: Re: Piercing

Originally posted by Seraphael

Wow, you have the wisdom to actually max your nano resist and a whole two (faded and bright) imps too? Everyone does that, actually I have all 3 nano resist implanted together with GA mkIV it lets me resist (if I go full defence and forgo any damage dealing) perhaps 1 out of 3 regular debuffs, have never resisted any nuke.
    Enfs have to go full D too to resist anything on a reliable basis, and our weapons are much slower than yours.. what's your point?

Re: Re: Re: Piercing

Originally posted by Habibus
    Enfs have to go full D too to resist anything on a reliable basis, and our weapons are much slower than yours.. what's your point?
    Ever use a flurry of blows? Makes the EQB quite fast in the hands of a skilled enforcer. Even at full defensive EQB is enough to end most opposition with a few easy swipes. QB was one of the weapons who really didn't need a boost, changing it from a great weapon to uber beyond belief. Heck, everyone is going EQB these days.

Just a part of me that resent that the traditional "cave man" style of weapons is still the best around even that far ahead in the future. Kinda makes one loose faith in evolution, you know?
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jan 7th, 2003 at 08:33:57.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent

Jesus

Seraphael, try to do a little research before you talk any more BS.

EQB is gonna get a speed cap or something. So using FoB or whatever wont do **** to its speed.

That has been stated from Blackmane himself.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Ehem, I am on principle against any nerf, and in this case, all the badmouthing set aside, I must say I side with the enforcers...

Then again I am not so suicidal that I confine myself to fight a trox madman in the arena wielding a EQB, that would be throwing away all the agents advantages, and directly stupid.

Out on the open ground tho I find a melee wielding enforcer not to be an impossible task, let alone anything to whine about, they have their strengths and weaknesses, tho I admit they are a formidable oponent.

I recently fought one in a tower battle, 1 vs 1, tho he was bit hurt at the start, and that blade didnt seem to hit me that bad, and in the end he was even forced to zone....

So there is always a way to overcome most opponents, even tho you dont see it at once, improve your tactics and you will overcome...
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Originally posted by Hermy
    I recently fought one in a tower battle, 1 vs 1, tho he was bit hurt at the start, and that blade didnt seem to hit me that bad, and in the end he was even forced to zone....
    Nerf Hermy, nerf, nerf!

And oh, I am still waiting to hear who is scissor to an enforcers paper? Since you seem to know it all Ani, enlighten me please?
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jan 7th, 2003 at 12:51:57.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent

And oh, I am still waiting to hear who is scissor to an enforcers paper? Since you seem to know it all Ani, enlighten me please?
    Is it so hard to guess? Engi ofcourse!

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Seraphael

Thing is, you continue to ***** about 1vs1 duels in arena.
    Very sad really, when you concider that arena means NOTHING at all.

Its all about wars now, tower wars.
    In tower wars, everyone can kill everyone.

If you dont know which proffesions can kill an enfo in 1vs1....then you dont know a thing about enforcers.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

The nemesis of Enforcers is fixer of course! We have good chance if we kite them. And in tower battle its really easy to do. When they cast nano, you root them so you get a good 4 seconds to stop running like a headless chicken while his nano his recharging while you aim your pea shooter at the giant. But we cant kill enforcer really fast tho

Originally posted by Hermy
    Ehem, I am on principle against any nerf, and in this case, all the badmouthing set aside, I must say I side with the enforcers...

Then again I am not so suicidal that I confine myself to fight a trox madman in the arena wielding a EQB, that would be throwing away all the agents advantages, and directly stupid.

Out on the open ground tho I find a melee wielding enforcer not to be an impossible task, let alone anything to whine about, they have their strengths and weaknesses, tho I admit they are a formidable oponent.

So there is always a way to overcome most opponents, even tho you dont see it at once, improve your tactics and you will overcome...
    Hermy is quite uber, yes. But she is entirely too huggable. Using Auno's calculator, only Catalyste and Alysanda come close......how is this fair?????? Who is Hermy's nemesis, her rock/paper/scissors??? While Aly might have a little advantage in 1-v-1 hugs, and Cat might have the advantage in mass hugs, there is noone who can constantly out-hug her. NERF HERMY'S CUTENESS!!!!
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

OFC I was referring to Hermy as one of those high titled uber agents Just wanted to give her a chance to post before I threw her name out there
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

./me hugs Nea massivly *squeeze*, and I am not uber, I just know when to run, mostly :P
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Re: Seraphael

I think Blackmane has said that the EQB to 1/1 is too fast for a weapon with that kind of damage. Whether the people are calling for the nerf or not, I had heard from people on test before the thing even was live that it was going to be nerfed, then it was put out, then fixed, now will be nerfed (or fixed) again.

Maybe its just balance this time, but I don't really know. Hopefully the developers look at some in-game examples of the weapon in comparision to other weapons out there. Would hate to just see everyone drop the EQB and pick up a punishment rod instead. The EQB looks a lot nicer.

Re: Re: Piercing

Wow, you have the wisdom to actually max your nano resist and a whole two (faded and bright) imps too? Everyone does that, actually I have all 3 nano resist implanted together with GA mkIV it lets me resist (if I go full defence and forgo any damage dealing) perhaps 1 out of 3 regular debuffs, have never resisted any nuke. Ofcourse when I am first so debuffed (deprived) I don't resist anything else until the fight is over. +800 nano resist; don't know how the nuking professions overcomes that, the damage shields are usually enough to scare me off. I sure as heck can't land a root and would be a fool to try as our best root has twice the nano cost and has a significantly longer recharge.

Who is scissors to the enforcers paper? Don't come up with the old boogey man the trader cause he affects most far worse than an enforcer. Enforcers got it all and puts even the pre crit nerf uber MAs to shame.
    If you have:
    GAMKIV
    triple implanted nano resist
    And a base stat of say, 120 or 130 at hih levels.

300 + 205 + 120 = 625. You're telling me NR is useless and you've only thrown in what, 175 skill? max the damn thing, sheesh. You might not be able to use the manex at full def but that isn't supposed to be an ends all be for our prof. I have 1102 maxed and double implanted NR (head/leftwrist) and i know what you're saying is totally false.

Moving on...

The enforcer with EQB actually does have the chance to kill a trader or lose. A scissors to the trader's paper, something people looked for, for so long.

You are really out of touch with pvp if you don't know who the scissors to enforcers paper is. I'll leave that one to you, ill also leave it to you to get your arse out of the arena and learn that there's pvp elsewhere too that isn't always 1v1.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Why don't you just do like everyone else and avoid EQB enforcers unless you outnumber them or catch them half dead?

If you get lost from your main group they will chase you down with their raged up runspeed and kill you. If you stay with your main group they will have to soak up many peoples specials before they get close enough to scratch you, and chances are they will be dead as a doornail before they get that close.

And in the arena you are free to choose exactly who you want to fight. Just don't fight them if you find them too hard. Leave them to the doctors and traders who can't get anyone else to fight them.

I really believe people that cry "Nerf" are to lazy to figure out game mechanics.

Maybe when you see that EQB Enforcer running down the hill at your sorry arse, maybe you team up on him. EQB Enforcer can be brought down......As an Enforcer I know how to do it. Maybe you need to figure it out.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast