Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nerf EQB in pvp

lol whats all the fuss with agents ? Agent isnt a sniper take that out of your head, your someone wit hdeep blue sta and deep blue body dev/evades, some sneaking coward that only shoots when non seen, etc ( profession description). Where it said your a lethal weapon cause i musta missed that part.
    As for ownin pvp, try fp engi
    Infamine 200 soljah

I for one am happy that enforcers finally have a weapon that suits their profession. Mobs now build proper aggro towards a tanking enforcer and I don't have to hold back on my nukes, being affraid to "steal" that aggro.

As far as PvP goes... lvl200 enforcer with an EQB in arena is a freaking killing machine. Deal with it! You want to kill him, get 2-3 friends of yours to help you. They are not unkillable, but can proove extrimely hard for some professions to take down.

With that said, AO's main focus is mass PvP, not duels. And enforcers do die in mass PvP, just as everyone else does.

Please stop the nerf calls! What is the point of adding new weapons/nukes to the game if people will just cry for a nerf as soon as they realise how good those new weapons/nukes are?

The only complaint *I* have about melee weapons in general is their "range"!

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Re: Piercing

Originally posted by Anikitos
    Still you NT will get your uber nukes soon enough i hear.
    These nukes will do far superior dmg then even RB does i hear.
    I am just curious, where did you read/hear this, Ani?

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Enforcers are gimp

until they get into melee range

Nexuss

I for one am happy that enforcers finally have a weapon that suits their profession. Mobs now build proper aggro towards a tanking enforcer and I don't have to hold back on my nukes, being affraid to "steal" that aggro.

As far as PvP goes... lvl200 enforcer with an EQB in arena is a freaking killing machine. Deal with it! You want to kill him, get 2-3 friends of yours to help you. They are not unkillable, but can proove extrimely hard for some professions to take down.

With that said, AO's main focus is mass PvP, not duels. And enforcers do die in mass PvP, just as everyone else does.

Please stop the nerf calls! What is the point of adding new weapons/nukes to the game if people will just cry for a nerf as soon as they realise how good those new weapons/nukes are?

The only complaint *I* have about melee weapons in general is their "range"!

Very good post, salute.

I am just curious, where did you read/hear this, Ani?

About the new NT nukes? One of my best NT friends shared that with me. I dont know in what shape or form these Nukes will come but of what i hear is they will do superior dmg.

Also i hear some ppl complain about Candycane and RB.
    Lets analyze these nukes.

CC
    You must kill a boss called Lunatic to get it. Its a complex procedure that requires tactics to achieve. Overall a medium boss to kill.

RB - The nr1 Nuke of death
    You must kill Special Agent Lamb.
    Without a doubt one of the hardest bosses to take down that requires very good tactics and discipline from the "teams" of ppl there inorder to get it down.

These bosses take "some" time to spawn and your groups of ppl must stay there the whole time and camp it.

Its only fair that the reward should be good.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by Deezlar

Agents beat NT's? how exactly? NS, Candycane , candycane, candycane dead. you cant even root and run as the nano init is so high and the recharge isvery good on that nano.

and the other profs you mention, Ive only ever seen ONE MP.. Bribri. He is a good pvper and takes death philosophically.....
    and the other classes are few and far between. i only ever fought 2 engis, 1 crat and MA's still kill agents 70-30.

we seem to be missing out in the loop somewhere.
    Tryed FP Soldier? TMS lasts longer than NSII and its not to difficuilt as agent if u sneek, good chance of killing a NT before he even casts NSII.

Try diffrent weapons Ithaca and so on, ur high lvl as i remember so you should have spare ipr's if needed.

btw ithaca and agent crits buffs are a nice combo.

Ithaca - MoP/TTS/SureShot/TotalConsentration/13-15% scope and ur in business.

Dont win in PvP w/o crits apart from soldiers/Enf/NT.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Against an NT you might want to try and do Mimic Prof Trader.. one divest and the NTs are dead in the water. Hard to cast the next drain because of the low init and whatnot. Other professions FP: Soldier works better, though.

~Chris

( I won't argue about the uberness of the EQB, since my prof in kinda... gimped... )

I Just wanted to quote few official post...
    Just so you know, Nealandbob - I made the EQB using the proper inits, not the broken version of them, so am fully aware of how much damage over time it can do.
    The enforcer was never designed to hold aggro unless the player used some skill. I have seen enforcers hold aggro well if they are allowed to deal damage and taunt for some time before the others join in. I do not want to make the enforcers able to hold aggro no matter what the circumstances are.
    ...Our mission statement is still to push, push and push the PvP balance towards longer lasting fights - that include more tactical skill! Today the only skill needed is getting the highest damage weapon and the highest critical chance... That was never our intention.
    *cough* Anyone see any logic there ?

Don't get me wrong, I don't ask for a nerf.
    Tho, imo, enforcer are not meant to do so much dmg, because, if you compare to other melee prof, you are WAY better at many point. ( Best HP, best DMG, best AR, best Run Speed, best nano resistance, better healing over time than MAs )
    It would be better to boost other class instead of nerfing the best one... but we all know how FC is working.

While I'm at it Saying only enforcers can tank those new bosses make me laugh to death. ( Sorry, no offense )
    Lil flashback... when we killed GRH for the first time, when he was hitting for ~4k through RRF... guess who tanked it a soldier. And even nowadays, if you ask me, a fixer is way better at tanking than an enforcer. Soldiers are good too. And MAs can also tank medium lvl bosses. ( OI/OE, Ljotur and some Trainee )

~Off to AO

Regards,

P.S : Ani, there's a typo in your sig
    Oh, and sorry, my english sux.
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

Yer all a bunch of gimps to be wasting your time on this!

No more nerfs! Stop it right now! Fix the others....!
    Aww heck what am I trying anyways ... like this has been said 10000 times before already ... but they never pay any attention to it

My Ma already got pvp nerfed because of the whining of others!!! gdammit thx alot community! if this happens again to whatever class or weapon, Im gonna be there trolling all and every nerf post and supporting the nerf requests!

Ill make sure everyone is nerfed to a lvl 1 n00b and all weapons, be it a beam, be it a manex, be it an EQB, will have these damage stats: 1-1(1) speed 5.00/5.00

There, go ahead and call for nerfs, just remember that ill be crying nerf about your profession in the next post.

*me goes back to having fun instead of reading whines*
    Last edited by Abrikoosje; Jan 4th, 2003 at 20:17:16.

The only thing I am going to say on this matter is this. i think it says 2 things. 1. enfs are really powerful, 2. enfs are really really powerful especially when comepared to other proffessions.

Enforcers with the QB, or the EQB, hit me for significantly more damage through Total Mirror Sheild + 7% chemical Bracer then a martial artist can hit me through only rrfe.

I am also one of the classes that can beat them.. only because of TMS and having over 8k HP's.

thats all i am gonna say.
    Last edited by Nothinman; Jan 4th, 2003 at 21:20:31.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

3.5K a hit ....

Oh my, I only hit for almost 3K. I must be gimped, or even NERFED. Help me !

Anywayz, if they 'nerf' the EQB, every enf just switches to Punishment Rod. 2 Weeks later everybody is crying nerf again...
    In the end everybody will use 'Fork of Ghasap'

/ignore
    Last edited by Ixari; Jan 5th, 2003 at 22:07:44.
    Ixari Behemoth pls !
    Nacher You fumbled ...
    Vespillo Execution of Total Mirror Shield MkX got interrupted by Ownz !

---> STORM <---

- My lovely wife Stinamus (Jinxmus) -

Originally posted by Nothinman
    The only thing I am going to say on this matter is this. i think it says 2 things. 1. enfs are really powerful, 2. enfs are really really powerful especially when comepared to other proffessions.

Enforcers with the QB, or the EQB, hit me for significantly more damage through Total Mirror Sheild + 7% chemical Bracer then a martial artist can hit me through only rrfe.

I am also one of the classes that can beat them.. only because of TMS and having over 8k HP's.

thats all i am gonna say.
    Attack speeds , thats all i am gonna say

: / doesnt matter what the reason is, an enf will do more dmg through 82% reflect then a MA will do through 30% to me.

edit: im not just talking one punch vs one swing of blade. im talking 1:20 seconds of Total mirror shield vs 1:20 or so of rrfe, overall damage.
    Last edited by Nothinman; Jan 5th, 2003 at 23:02:42.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

well i just say, i am MA, with kali i get 800-1k crits in pvp(2.8k-3k in pvm) since everybody got rrf. thats the min dmg of eqb. and i get hit for 1.5k with rrf on me and 4.8k chem AC from eqb. fob lasts for 20-30 secs. enough time to kill any ma. you cant run away from an enf even if you got gsf. i got 5.5k HP on lvl 162. there is no chance for me to kill an enf, even if he uses eot or pipe and staff...and with 5.5k hp the 155 dmg shield really hurts...the only thing that i got are my evades, but since challenger was fixed now, they dont help at all, i cant evade an enf, even at full def.
    it was way better before the ma nerf, i could kill enfs then.
    so i hope MAs get some nice weapons too...with high min dmg...maybe same high dmg and nice crit dmg (like the torturing tool just better dmg). i am not crying for eqb nerf, just hoping for ma fix.
    Wranglebabe

HUGE, inc.

I might be off topic, but this sounds so much like the numerous grid armor hate posts. I wonder if programmers actually read these pretty much "hate threads" because if so they affect the game alot. I dont like the queen blade myself, but i have grid armor and yes a enf lower than me will and can kill me if i dont grid. These same threads just brought on the fixer nano "thanks ga haters" but do you want more of that honestly guys.

I hate the fixer ga nuke and i can bet my last dollar it was brought on by the people who cried about grid armor. Nerfing the qb which is easy to get i might add, would just bring on someone else to cry about something else. I just would like to know what does funcom want to do. Do they want longer fights (nerf of crits) or do they want short fights (queen blade, fixer nuke, punishment rod). I dont want nerfs i just want a few answers.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

If you check auno weapons evaluator unless you set crit % really high QB is always top damage dealer by quite a bit...
    WebMD is a theif and pure scum. Read about ithere

Help your Guild in tower battles as an MA. /terminate

Deez got his ass kicked by GA and whined about that. Deez got his ass kicked by an NT and now he whines about their nanos. Deez got his ass kicked by the EQB, and now he's whining about it. Deez got his ass kicked by the hellfury, too. Duck and cover soldiers, he's got another one to toss at ya!

And Biohover (agent) is almost neophyte.

Perfect layout of the nerfwhiner mentality in the AO community. Enough said.

Also megabio don't tell anikitos he needs to 'learn the game.' if there's anyone in tir arena who tests **** all the time its him. Imho he is one of the most learned players about this game's pvp system on RK1. So know who the ***** you're talking to before you say that.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Keadiyen
    If you check auno weapons evaluator unless you set crit % really high QB is always top damage dealer by quite a bit...
    The weapons evaluator, no matter how well you make it, will never calculate AS and FA damage accurately.

A soldier can do more damage to an enforcer than an enforcer can to a soldier in 3 seconds, most of which results in the enforcer being seriously wounded and later dies due to TMS reflect...

Throw away the pen and burn up the paper because if you base your pvp thoughts around that you aren't gonna get anywhere.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Just saw the word agent used in this post a few times and felt like putting my $0.02 in.
    I've said it b4 and i guess ill say it again.

Agent(with high pvp title)= ganker

Agents win in pvp if they if they sit at the edge of the arena and wait for someone to be at 60% hp and then 100% crit them.

Thnx for bringing up Biohover Stromm, I dont chat with him much but im 100% positive he doesn't fight in the same manner that good old Deez might.

Deez might be whining about agent's abilities in 1vs1 (maybe even selfbuffed) situations.

If Deez thinks PvP is all about self buffed dualing in the arena he probibly has every reason to whine. All he wants to do is win acouple times in a row most likely.

Don't call him a troll just becuase he's not standing on the the edge of the arena in sneak ganking lowbies and people who are dualing somone else in the arena.

Then maybe he is trying to gank and still getting a$$ kicked, if thats the case Stromm then yes you are correct sir he is teh suk.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast