Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nerf EQB in pvp

Re: Heh...

The One is a gimp once you learn how to do it....

Try something...nastier.
    Peter
    Patricia
    Special Agent Lamb
    Notum Soldier
    ..and so on

Iaan Warr hurt a bit.

Anyone can tank..damn i should put that on my signature.

Go ahead.

Oh and mega, you dont do the second highest dmg in this game vs uniques.

Against some I do, just depends on the mob. (high parry can be annoying sometimes, but some are lower then others)

Also i never said aug hellfury is the equivilant of EQB. Dont assume and dont guess...know. Stick to the facts and dont fabricate stuff i have not said.

You're right. You said that they were better.

~Chris

Georg

Georg
    Regarding tanking:

Only class capable of tanking is an enforcer, no doubt.
    When you are fighting a mob which hits for 2-4k trough Rffe /bracers (ifnotmore) you need as much hps as you can get as a tank. Docs will need to pay close attention when healing (using macros), a mob can double hit and alike. For tanking the bigger mobs you want to use a class who can get the most hps possible (15k) -> less chance of dying. As when the tank dies, everyone else dies.

Now the eqb (greatly) increases the damage of the enforcer in pvm. What is deadly when fighting the "unique" mobs is aggro switching. Seeing the amount they hit for anyone else getting aggro but the designated tank is dead.
    With the eqb the enf can hold the aggro -alot- better, especially if he has been given the chance to pound the mobs for ~5 minutes before the rest would start firering. (That's needed in particular when other eqbs, hellfurys and big damaging weapons/nukes are around). The enf itself already has healing capabilities, and tools to generate more aggro making it the obvious choise for tanking.
    Thank you Georg for educating the young.

I posted the exact same thing on this thread of shame.

Go to the original troll thread.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&pagenumber=6

But Megabio seems to avoid these thread right now.
    I wonder why that is.

There is one true tank proffesion vs uniques in this game Mega...and its not engi.

Read Goergs post and mine on the original thread and ...... try to undestand how it works.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Megabio

You're right. You said that they were better.
    I rest my case, BS 100%.

You dont listen to facts and you continue to ignore them.
    So be it.

Nuff time wasted on you allready.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

um

eeeey this aint about tanking no boss

The issue with EQB dont have anythting to do with bosses. Its in pvp. I dont want EQB nerfed anymore after arguing alot. Now I just think of it as an interesting weapon that adds flavour to a game that so far have been kicked alot because of the impossible dream of "prof-balance".

Alot of people is having a hard time with enf and alot of profs can kill EQB-enf easy. Thats how it is for most profs and the introduction of EQB didnt change that when u look at it. Thank u Anikitos for showing me the light. This game is about having fun anyway and calling nerf on stuff just wont get u anywhere!

/me goes to lie in the grass looking up at the skye. Feeling free.

Re: Georg

Originally posted by Anikitos

Go to the original troll thread.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&pagenumber=6

But Megabio seems to avoid these thread right now.
    I wonder why that is.
    Call me crazy but I have the last two posts in that thread, before you posted the above message.. mm.

There is one true tank proffesion vs uniques in this game Mega...and its not engi.

Read Goergs post and mine on the original thread and ...... try to undestand how it works.

I'm not saying that I can tank them as well as you. I concur. You can tank them FAR better then I. But more then one profession can tank - soldiers can also tank. You can still tank without your EQB too. If you want what I'm trying to argue about how "we need you for uniques" it's like saying that an NT should get a nuke in PvM that gets rid of all aggro on them, but that same nuke in PvP nullifies all the targets in PvP in the area except the one the NT is currently fighting.. just for example.

~Chris

Wrangle

I hate to break it to you but i am no light bringer! :P

PvP in arena is allways a complex issue that brings alot of emotions up...most of them bad.

Some ppl can accept defeat and others wont. Just like in RL.

I should know, i have spend alot of times in there with my beam as a young enforcer.

I have been pissed of in arena at ohters and some of them pissed off at me. Its just human nature.

You are free now wrangle!
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Even though that post above wasn't directed towards me, I would like to add this:

Even after the nerf I want, I don't expect to be able to kill an enforcer. They are built to completely multilate pet classes (Fear, anyone? The two other pet classes also have nukes, and rage effectively disables those as well, etc.)

Also, my outburst to "nerf the eqb enf!" isn't because I got killed in the arena. Sure, it's annoying to be killed within 15 seconds and whatnot, I can get over it. I kill certain professions in 15 seconds as well. But, when you kill half the other professions in 15 seconds, and many others in just a bit longer period of time, I seriously have to question the balence at hand.

~Chris

Megadude,

The two other pet classes also have nukes, and rage effectively disables those as well, etc

I use rage and I still get hurt by combat nano programs, I still get rooted, but not much, but I do. But worst debuffs still land.
    I dunno what one you have, but it sure sounds better than Infernal.

Maybe I should wait till I do hit TL5 NR. Then come back, but so far it doesnt help one bit a 1200/1300 something, since I just got a new one ;p

Ive Implanted NR too where it can go.

At the moment I don't feel like a uber enforcer, invincibellous maximus the 5th.

Most fights, with Veteran AO players and varied proffesion they can take me to almost death, I cant remember dying.

But I always seem to be pvping people higher than me, heck I refuse to fight QB enfs myself (hehe) Until Im 161 (they call me a wuss but they dont realise im stuck because this weapon has a level Req). I have a spare Samurai Katana, And said put this on then we are the same ignoring the level req. They wont.

I myself will not ask another enforcer below 161 that intends to use a QB unless they ask.

PS PLEASE Stop posting I wanna go to sleep Pleeeeasy.

Rio, how about you put on a QB before you start talking? Also, 1600 NR is a big difference from 1200.

~Chris

Mega

I undestand your concerns.

Just to end some myths here.
    Enforcer with EQB is a great dmg dealer no doubt.
    We do alot of dmg and when EQB strikes it strikes hard.
    Many ppl find that dmg very scary and its ok, i know and undestand.

For me to hit with superior speed i must fight at full aggro, that means my NR is not worth at all, also i must use fob whichs makes me even more receptive for crits.

It is very commen knoledge that when i fob i will receive alpha..that will take off 50% of my HP in seconds.

A ranged proffesions that lacks HP will not be able to go toe to toe with an enforcer that just used challenger.

Instead it should use what advantages it has as a class and keep its range.

All of the above apply in duels.

At towers this quickly changes. The enforcer is suddenly reduced to a target that cant get close to the enemy because of CC. That means i cant hit you or the tower. But i can still be hit.

What troubles me is the idea of basing a nerf bases on arena duels. Fact is that arena is not in FC's vission, Notum Wars is.
    Enforcers dont dominate NW...we are not even in the top food chain.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

nerf the nerfers

Being an agent with only 5k hp, I know NOT to take on an Enf because agents weren't made to do that. I just got my first real taaste of the other end of an EQB in Mass PvP, and well, didn't see that he was an Enf until I got next to him and decided to attack. I was dead in 3-5 sec. I felt dumb as hell for trying to fight him, even though he was 20 lvls below me.

And since I couldn't kill that enforcer with the death stick, doesn't mean I'm gonna come up in here and whine like a little b!tch.

Get some common sense, if you see a big guy charging at you with a big freckin sword, don't stand there with your hand down your pants thinking you can stop the train, cause he is coming through you. Some people can take on that train, but I know I can't atm.

Originally posted by Megabio
    Rio, how about you put on a QB before you start talking? Also, 1600 NR is a big difference from 1200.

~Chris
    Why should I out on a QB Before I start talking? I team with them, I pvp along side them, I ask them to hit me.

My weapon currently I just a TASTER of what is to come, speed and Min damage. I am liking it alot, I could only DREAM Of what It could be like to hit so high Minimum damage.

I know how good it would be.
    PS. Let me tell you, room mates enf had maxed NR. His didnt work good.

Why should mine?
    I talk to him, saying 'why are these people saying its soo good'.

He says just tell them post a pic of you resisting nothing.
    I would, If I had a host. Also when I say i resist harldy anything, I mean it. Why would I lie? to make it better?.

You nerf it higher up, Its totally useless lower down (completely).

Rage has been like this from day one, Nano Resist hasnt. But now people whine about the speed.
    HA HA.

Re: Mega

For me to hit with superior speed i must fight at full aggro, that means my NR is not worth at all, also i must use fob whichs makes me even more receptive for crits.[/b]

Even at full defensive, with a very slow 7 second attack, you can do about 15k-20k damage in 30 seconds (source: Jayde's calculator.. I know it's not that accurate, but it gives you a good idea of what it'll be). Most professions can't do that kind of damage at full aggro - and you can all the bonuses of full def (working NR, fewer crits, effectively more evades, etc.)

It is very commen knoledge that when i fob i will receive alpha..that will take off 50% of my HP in seconds.

That's why you don't use a FoB against a trader / soldier / doctor if they haven't already init debuffed you.

A ranged proffesions that lacks HP will not be able to go toe to toe with an enforcer that just used challenger.

Instead it should use what advantages it has as a class and keep its range.

Let me guess, roots? lol

At towers this quickly changes. The enforcer is suddenly reduced to a target that cant get close to the enemy because of CC. That means i cant hit you or the tower. But i can still be hit.

What troubles me is the idea of basing a nerf bases on arena duels. Fact is that arena is not in FC's vission, Notum Wars is.
    Enforcers dont dominate NW...we are not even in the top food chain.

You're very high on the NW Food chain. I agree that CC is extremely bugged and needs to be removed, but that's one of your few flaws in mass pvp.

~Chris

Good

A very good post by Wrangleline...read it.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=87173
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Already did...

~Chris

Good...

Now let me sleep....
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Agents are not ment to beat Enforcers as Soldiers are not meant to beat docs and docs are not meant to beat MPs.......ect ect ect.

Its a circle, every prof is able to beat at least one other as enforcers can beat traders and Docs can beat Enf.

Agents beat MP's , NT's, Crats, Engis, MA's...........and you still complain.

Please don't make any non PvP prof chars as the Forum will be full of ur whines (already are)

And everone who calls for a nerf should be lind up against a wall and shot.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Man i wish Megabio and Anikitos where both on RK-1.

Fight in the play ground after school.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Wondering why anyone would have supported the TMS, UVC and 100% dmg nerfs. Those sucked full time ...
    As for the EQB, its alot of luck, if my AS does 40% and say my FA does 40% too then the enf is dead; if only my AS does 40% then im pretty much dead. It totaly depends on the luck with the specials that hit for random dmg (fling, burst, FA).
    Assuming you do 40% AS, then a 2k burst then a 40% FA, you just need to keep bursting a lil or switch to a fling gun and finish the guy off. In towers battle you can manage to get the enf runnin both side after alphaing his ass, hes raging to come smack you, next second he rages his ass out
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Jankkar
    Its a circle, every prof is able to beat at least one other as enforcers can beat traders and Docs can beat Enf.

Agents beat MP's , NT's, Crats, Engis, MA's...........and you still complain.

Please don't make any non PvP prof chars as the Forum will be full of ur whines (already are)

And everone who calls for a nerf should be lind up against a wall and shot.
    Agents beat NT's? how exactly? NS, Candycane , candycane, candycane dead. you cant even root and run as the nano init is so high and the recharge isvery good on that nano.

and the other profs you mention, Ive only ever seen ONE MP.. Bribri. He is a good pvper and takes death philosophically.....
    and the other classes are few and far between. i only ever fought 2 engis, 1 crat and MA's still kill agents 70-30.

we seem to be missing out in the loop somewhere.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast