Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nerf EQB in pvp

Small thing you are forgetting wrangline....

Eqb = melee
    X-3 = ranged

Further, it isnt the agents job to be -the- menace in 1 vs 1 combat in a box.

Even then your numbers are incorrect.
    Eqb does not crit for 3.5k in pvp, and not a single enf who has a eqb uses a scope or mop at all. Normal eqb hits vary between 600-2.5k, not always 2k+ unless you dont wear a rffe which should mean certain death to -anyyone-.

"With a X-3 one would have to crit 8 times + one aimed to kill an enf "

Use your crit nanos. And yet again you're basing this on 1vs1 pvp, just stupid. Will there be any weapon which is abit better then the rest? Seems there will, seeing the posts about eqb, augmented hellfurys and alike.
    Last edited by Georg; Jan 4th, 2003 at 05:00:52.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Im not familiar with that Hellspinner gun or whatever 175(?) + soldiers use but it has burst/full auto right? And I see them constantly take 40% 40% in that alpha leaving a few shots to kill.

I do NOT want a nerf on this just to make clear, im just saying why the QB? Doesnt that gun also have nice minimum damage?

Originally posted by Riokou
    Im not familiar with that Hellspinner gun or whatever 175(?) + soldiers use but it has burst/full auto right? And I see them constantly take 40% 40% in that alpha leaving a few shots to kill.

I do NOT want a nerf on this just to make clear, im just saying why the QB? Doesnt that gun also have nice minimum damage?
    People are already whining about the hellfurys damage and taking away tms / rrffe, quite sad really. Not to mention people whining about the manex, whining about resonanceblast etcetera.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion

Wrangeline

Go speak to some of the really good traders on how to handle enforcers.

Jannerik
    Abid
    Jankar

Thats just 3 of them.
    Also, plz try to keep your posts at a more constructive lvl and not just "i got killed by eqb enfo in arena" lvl.

I am not here to help you play your class neither am i here to give you hints because i dont really care how you do in duels.
    It is not my problem.

Now about your little test.

You cant really compare EQB to X-3.
    Instead think manex, aug hellfury and so on.
    Correct me if i am wrong but it has been stated that melee weapons should do superior dmg then ranged weapon for very obvious reasons. EQB is one step towards that direction.

Ranged weapons advantage over melee weapons like EQB is:
    Range
    Specials

So you want both range and superior dmg then me? Hmm.

Also keep in mind that EQB is supposed to be a non-crit reliant weapon with high min dmg. I wont go into how "easy" it is to get it again...you should know by now.

I have been nothing but friendly to you and have not flamed you. Allthough you have flamed me.

It is not my problem that you loose to EQB Enforcers as a Trader...i know you are doing something wrong.
    It takes a fair ammount of skill too....

Again, i advice you to concult the more experienced traders out there.

I wont go into uniques, i dont want to help you guys with stuff like that. You must find out how to do it yourselfes. No help here.
    You will undestand the value of an EQB Enforcer then.

P.S
    At lvl 151 Nerfmeeee killed me in MMD while i had EQB on at a duel. So Wrangle, he is doing something right and you obviously doing it very very wrong.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Georg

I understand what ure saying and u are correct. However this was just to compare the weapons themselves. It has nothing to do with the prof holding it. I was not thinking about this being an agent or what have u. I was not thinking about strategy. I was not thinking about 1 vs 1 or mass pvp either. It was all simply numbers u get with the 2 weapons.

Thnx alot Georg. U have made a constructive post which finally brings us a step closer to the end of it all. (except that u used the word stupid when u simply could have said I was wrong

U mentioned a few valid points here. EQB is melee and X-3 is ranged. that gives a minor advantage in 1 vs 1 and a huge advantage in mass pvp.

Except from keeping distance, the debuffs of skill and init is the only other option (unless Im missing something. plz tell me if I am). Now _I_ think its to hard to use this life-saving skills atm because of NR with rage. I hear u say that enf run out of nano as well and that is very true. But _I_ think its way to hard to stay alive long enough for that to happen.

And now someone plz tell me why this is wrong and I will be another step closer to knowing why EQB is ok the way it is. Who knows.. enf could convince me. Ure well on the way. Just keep it constructive and ull get allmost anywhere

Wrangle

Read my last post then!

P.S
    Yes they all love me, i tank like a hellish demon!
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Yeah people need to keep their nerf comments, and stop wasting space in this forum. To all you whiners out there: You win some you lose some, deal wiith it. Theres not 1 person in this game that hasnt got their ass handed to them at 1 time or another in a pvp situation. When we do lose, we make a mental note of why we lost, and how we could improve our chances of winning the next time around. You have to adapt to these new changes not be discouraged. Face it, theres certain professions that are at a disadvantage when fighting others. Deezler you dont hear the level 150 engi that you ganked(hypothetical situation)whining that you rooted his bot and left him totally defenseless. We all our nemesis in pvp when it comes to catagorizing certain professions over others. Live it, learn it, deal with it.

As far as this skill stuff, I'm sorry to say, but I played a level 200 enforcer in beta for two weeks and I know how a "tl6 enforcer" works. I only had the QB as well, as the EQB was bugged until the last 3 or 4 days of beta. I also have my level 163 QB enforcer. I know how to "play" and I know how it all "works."

In beta (yes, I know, most of them were newbies, but still some were real players [spdryvy for example]). I died 3 times in mass pvp in the two weeks, and if I'm not mistaken I killed spydervy a few times.

On my enforcer on live, I only lose duels against doctors and occasionally against grid armor fixers, especially if I don't have dimach ready. Can't really judge against soldiers being that they don't have AHF at my level, but the one I dueled (sbje) killed me, but just barely. (he's a neophyte if you're wondering whether or not he's a newbie). With the EQB I feel confident that I would have won. Doctors I admittidly lose to most of the time, but occasionally I can get a kill by getting a crit/high normal hit, then brawling (possible stun on the brawl), if it stuns, FoB, dimach, and the next hit might kill them, or might not.

Anyway, I would like to end this "skill" crap. Playing your profession well doesn't give you skill. It makes you a good player, but doesn't give you skill. Ask anyone on RK2 - I know how to play the game. Don't give me this crap.

~Chris

oh and Anikitos

Once again u start flapping ure jaw at me when Im trying to let u have a chance to express ure oppinion.

I could easely kill u in mmd too if I surprised u (I know u might not agree but if Im right or not doesnt matter). However I could kill the most uber duber dude with his melee weapon that kill u in one blow or whatever if I surprised him too but that doesnt mean that the weapon he is holding is "ok". U being a melee person and not having range doesnt justify everything u put in ure hands.

But ok I once again try and calm this down to a constructive lvl which u say I dont do. There is ways to kill an EQB enf if u have the right prof and u catch him at the right place to the right time. But dont u think its a bit to hard to kill u?

One weapon has to be the best. EQB is the best melee weapon. It should do more damage than ranged weapon because its short ranged.. of cource. Im not saying that EQB should be uber-nerfed or anything. I just think that the damage is a liiitlebit TO high. And by that I mean a littlebit, not alot. EQB is close to being the coolest weapon in the game, I just think its a bit to powerfull.

The damage might indeed be -a little- too high, but thats up to the fc developers to decide. Who knows what weapons they'll intoduce next? But the eqb is not a weapon which should be nerfed bigtime , as many others currently desire.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion

Mega and Wrangle

Mega
    RK2 is not RK1 and certainly not beta.

Wrangle
    You seem to have a temper. I try to be as construcive as i can be but you take offence all the time.
    You fail to undestand that it is not of any importance if you think that EQB dmg is a little bit TOO high.
    There is a bigger picture out there that you might not be able to see just yet.
    By the way what you are trying to calm down? I am as calm as it gets despite of all the BS i have read today in these forums.
    When i say Nerfmeee killed me.....i meant it was a DUEL in mmd.
    He did not gank me. We both decided to duel and he won.
    He was lvl151 and i was TL6.....maybe we should nerf traders wrangle? I mean the guy was 40 lvls below me.

Also..."falpping my jaw"? Plz try to controll that temper of yours.
    I am expressing my opinion as civil as i can, but its hard when i have to deal with so many nerfmongers out there..not saying that you are one.
    Read my post again and try to calm yourself down a bit plz. Keep it civil and constructive.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by Georg
    The damage might indeed be -a little- too high, but thats up to the fc developers to decide. Who knows what weapons they'll intoduce next? But the eqb is not a weapon which should be nerfed bigtime , as many others currently desire.
    But there has to be a stop to this. Let's review the history of AO:

First Major PvP Change (wont go into the original TMS shield, that's the only other nerf I ever supported.)
    Halved PvP damage / 40% Cap (apparantly funcom didn't like that 26k burst pic! )

Next, they decided that it was a ripe time to nerf UVC. People were dying too fast. I didn't dislike nor like the change.

Then people were dying too slowly. So, they nerfed bracers. I hated this nerf. (but that's being a bit biased since it hurt engies the most out of all the professions.)

People are dying too fast. The fights need to be longer.

Nerfed crits, and then the EQB came into common use.

What are they trying to do? They need to make a stand on this. They can't just keep adding better and better weapons. What are they going to do? Give everyone 1k heal delta to compensate for it or something?

~Chris

btw Anikitos

Im sorry but I write so god damn slow and by the time I post my next post u have gone friendly on me and when my post is done I realise this and by the time I start making a new post u got pissed about me being mad at u and so on.

I really dont want to be mad at u or the other way around. I would like to appologize for the post I just wrote about u flapping ure jaws. Its just that I got a bit offended about u saying that I dont know how to beat enfs and that I dont know how to play trader. Me commenting on the sword isnt based on me being owned 24/7 hehe.

However Im starting to see why the EQB should be the way it is. There will allways be a weapon or buff or prof or what have u that people dont like but calling nerf isnt smart. I have learned that because u need to look at it from so many angles and no player is quallyfied to call a nerf on somthing. There is just not enough info going around for that.

And I have to say I really admire the stamina u have had so far lol. Ure one mean poster.

Re: Mega and Wrangle

Originally posted by Anikitos
    Mega
    RK2 is not RK1 and certainly not beta.
    Please elaborate. Is RK2 somehow not equivilant to RK1 for some reason? Is there some special loot dropping on RK1 that I am unaware of? Is RK1 just superior in "skills" compared to RK1? Are you saying we're a bunch of newbies? I'd like more information on this.

~Chris

Rk2 is indeed different when compared to rk1, not because of server -world differences, but because of the amount of people playing on it.

Which probably affects the amount of mass pvp vs the amount of duels.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion

Mega

But there has to be a stop to this. Let's review the history of AO:

First Major PvP Change (wont go into the original TMS shield, that's the only other nerf I ever supported.)
    Halved PvP damage / 40% Cap (apparantly funcom didn't like that 26k burst pic! )

Next, they decided that it was a ripe time to nerf UVC. People were dying too fast. I didn't dislike nor like the change.

Then people were dying too slowly. So, they nerfed bracers. I hated this nerf. (but that's being a bit biased since it hurt engies the most out of all the professions.)

People are dying too fast. The fights need to be longer.

Nerfed crits, and then the EQB came into common use.

What are they trying to do? They need to make a stand on this. They can't just keep adding better and better weapons. What are they going to do? Give everyone 1k heal delta to compensate for it or something?

~Chris

That is actually a good post mega.
    I dont know and i cant answer. I am not FC.
    But i guess if Blackmane sais that they are aware what EQB does, they must have some plans for some future love? Or maybe that love is the actuall weapons dropping from the unique bosses....just like EQB.
    In that case you will need someone to tank for you.....think about it.

Good post by the way. Try to remember that EQB is a rare weapon that requires alot of effort to get. There should be a reward for going through that hell to get it.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Anikitos, anyone can tank. As a nanomage engineer, I can get up to 10k HPs without too much trouble (I need the temporary doc HP buff though.) With 37% reflect, a mob that normally does 4000 damage will do about 2500 damage, and that means I can tank 3-4 hits, which is enough time to get a CH if there are two docs around.

Think about it. The EQB does so much damage that you keep aggro no matter what. That hellfurry, which is apparantly equivilant to the EQB in your book, doesn't stand a chance, either. And I'm not too worried about having to find a tank to kill uniques.

~Chris

I would also like to note that as an engy, I've had some first hand tanking expierences, so don't tell me "what it's like". I probably do the second greatest damage in the game (behind QB/EQB enforcers) with my pet fully buffed and myself fully buffed as well. I've pulled aggro a lot from bosses such as The One and once I even got aggro from TGRH when we tried to take him, and back in the day before EQB/QB enforcers, I tanked tarasque a good deal (yea, his damage is gimpy, I concur, but still, it's just for an example.)

Before you use the counterargument that I should be nerfed because I do all this damage if you have to be nerfed, keep in mind that I don't have 1800 self-buffed run speed, nor 1600 self-buffed NR, nor 12000 self-buffed HPs, nor a 2.3k Heal (..HoT) every 20 seconds, nor...

~Chris

Regarding tanking:

Only class capable of tanking is an enforcer, no doubt.
    When you are fighting a mob which hits for 2-4k trough Rffe /bracers (ifnotmore) you need as much hps as you can get as a tank. Docs will need to pay close attention when healing (using macros), a mob can double hit and alike. For tanking the bigger mobs you want to use a class who can get the most hps possible (15k) -> less chance of dying. As when the tank dies, everyone else dies.

Now the eqb (greatly) increases the damage of the enforcer in pvm. What is deadly when fighting the "unique" mobs is aggro switching. Seeing the amount they hit for anyone else getting aggro but the designated tank is dead.
    With the eqb the enf can hold the aggro -alot- better, especially if he has been given the chance to pound the mobs for ~5 minutes before the rest would start firering. (That's needed in particular when other eqbs, hellfurys and big damaging weapons/nukes are around). The enf itself already has healing capabilities, and tools to generate more aggro making it the obvious choise for tanking.
    Last edited by Georg; Jan 4th, 2003 at 06:01:44.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion

Heh...

The One is a gimp once you learn how to do it....

Try something...nastier.
    Peter
    Patricia
    Special Agent Lamb
    Notum Soldier
    ..and so on

Anyone can tank..damn i should put that on my signature.
    Who is your enforcer by the way...i really like to know.
    RK1 or RK2?

Oh and mega, you dont do the second highest dmg in this game vs uniques.

Also i never said aug hellfury is the equivilant of EQB. Dont assume and dont guess...know. Stick to the facts and dont fabricate stuff i have not said.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast