Thread: I shall tell the story of Mike the Platypus

I shall tell the story of Mike the Platypus

Take a seat...I have a good tale to tell...a story of a man..and his love of life..and fish.

The mans name is Mike, who resides in the island nation of New Zealand, a pretty place, or so I am told. I met Mike while playing this lovely creation we call AO, sitting by the east mission terminals in Ent. A poor lowbie enforcer, named Platy2. Now..I cannot remember why I began to talk to him..I think I gave him advice with question he shouted. We talked about general things after that, and from that moment I counted him as a friend. He joined an org, cannot remember which, and began to flourish a little better then before. At one point, I get a tell from Platy2, asking for a home in the org I lead. I rejoiced when I recieved this request, and quickly invited Platy2, and his friends, into my home. His friends slowly faded away..leaving just those he made in The Law/Lucifers Dawn to support and guide him. He soon made Platy..an Atrox MP...and a rather good one at that! I still remember...he wanted to "look cool and have a badass sword" I discovered quickly..Mike was a kindred spirit...like me in many ways...augmented my skills with his own...covering the areas I was no good at..and most of all...my good good friend.

As I grew to know Mike..his feelings..and needs became important to me, and I soon discovered the problems he had. Many of you know of Dovve..and her addiction..Mike developed the same problem. I tried to help him..so did our friend Medicali. We stood against the avalanche, supporting Mike as well we could...knowing he needed us to be there for him. During this time I grew to love Mike (not physically before some smart ass reads this) for what he was, flaws and all.

Very recently...Mike had to make a sacrifice..to help himself. He has left AO...needing the time for more important things..school...his life...work..his health..and I suspect..his girlfriend (you sly devil you )

My number one confidant..advisor..supporter...general..and the best friend Ive had in ages, is gone. I felt the need to tell of him..so that he is not forgotten by anyone. I do not know who here knew him...but now you know..this community has lost one of a pure few...truly good people who I feel everyone should have had the pleasure and privelege of knowing.

This is my farwell to Mike..one of the saddest I have ever done

Mike..if you see this..God go with you, may your travels be safe...and your sammiches ever filling, We will miss you..and remember you always. As long as I live, so shall the Memory of You. I will pray every day that I see you again.

I cant write this anymore, im freakin crying.

Love ya man (no joke)

Thomas
    The Sammich Master is Back!
    Boci - Retired Soldier
    Flashgordun - Smurf in Training
    Mussashi---Boci Reborn---Sword Saint
    xxxxxxxx Keeper Twink of Dewm

Ahhh heartwrenching, I too wish him the best and sorry for loosing a friend with whom you had such a connection.

To mike

Cheers
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

.........damn.

sorry bro

~*~Hugs~*~

*sniffles*
    Very touching story.... thank you for sharing Boci..

Wishing Mike the best..
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Always was a bright cheer when the P dawg logged in. If ya see this Platy, I'm proud of you. Takin control of your life is damn hard, believe me, I'm still workin on it myself. If ya want platy, I'll give boci a way for ya to contact me if you like.

-DE

Message to the platy:

I never got to know you very well platy, but i remember seeing you here and there, a friend of Cowkey, is a friend of mine and you shall be missed.
    ---------
    Cowkey, you arent the only one to have this happen to you, ive had 2 friends leave this game, that were like siblings to me. I know how you feel

Wink

GooD luck in reallife Mike (and a hard reallife it is)..
    Feeling with u Boci,i have lost some good friends myself....
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Unhappy

I should have heeded my signature more than I did.

I miss you man.
    I miss all of you.
    Boci, Medicali, Thergon, Stomper2000, Deatheyes, Kerbstomp, Bodiheat, Subanim, Katricia, Tinpot, Gemie, Littleslayar, Flowerpain, Meard, Tekdeath, Megabyotch, Rattycrat, Ityn, Ewps, Quicken, Nanomicon, Cerebrix, Metusalem, Eraser, Biggi3, Lordxz, .. I'm so sorry for those of you I didn't name and deserve to be, it's painful to write them all; you all mean so much to me.

I'm keeping my account open, for those oh so special odd occasions when I have the time and let myself on again.

You keep safe too Boci, no matter what your prez makes you do.
    I'm working on dealing with my problems now and in the immortal works of Arnold Schwarzenegger; I'll be back. (sorry for the cornyness of that, and this)
    Be Excellent to Each Other – Bill & Ted
    MP Deity Mike "Platy" Theplatypus

Be careful when you wrestle with monsters, lest you thereby become one. For, if you stare long into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche