Thread: Storyline questions

Storyline questions

Same questions that have gone unanswered since well before mission launch:

1) ETA for Story missions? These would be the missions promised in your two part letter to players talking about how players would interact with the story. Unless you wiped that also.

2) Will players ever be able to join the NPC clans such as the Knights and Sentinels? Will players be able to join the official Omni departments?

3) When will we get interactive NPCs that will do more than show us their wares or say they don't understand? How will Psychology affect how we interact with them?

Scorus

well Clans can join CoT and Factions could join..err...ross? So i guess something else will pop up during this month

There's an NPC in lush who shows no faction allegience in her info that is asking people to help her find someone...

Lush Hills is fairly large. Which part of Lush Hills?
    I once had a few minutes of fun talking to Harry up in Harry's.
    Captain Edmundo "Lohengrin" Bolieu
    Assistant to the Medical Chief of Staff
    R.S.G.E. (Division9), Medical Services

Storyline. Departments

I too want to join an npc department. As I personally don't like any of the guilds out there and think making and dealing with one on my own is a vast waste of my precious resources.

So what I really want to know is, where are the departments? I hope they are coming VERY soon.

And I hope that there will be a DEPT. channel to look forward to so I can hear about in game events as they happen instead of hours later, here on these boards.

I hate being left out in the wind simply because I choose not to align myself further by joining a PC organization. I'm already Omni-tek. You would think of Omni-tek wants to meet their goals, then they would WANT us there at those events. doesn't seem the case right now though.

Well, since server-wide knowledge of an 'event' results in flash overload of the 'event' by a large percentage of those on the server, no, Funcom doesn't want everyone to know about events.

They've said that. The alternative would be to 'pick the first 150 that show up, and port them to the event, tell all the rest to go away, full'. Would that be better?

If you want to know what's happening in Rubi-Ka, you have to set up your own grapevine, and be tied to the news. (Be in a large guild, or however you choose, say, be on the IRC channels and keep an eye out there every so often.)

I'm going to try and be nice here...

WHAT STORYLINE??? You call this garbage FC injects into the game a story? They give us what, Pumpkins and Cyborgs? And no plot or resolution? If this were a comic book, it's dead at issue #2.

So much for being nice...

The REAL story is in the player base, and revolves around the politics of Rubi-Ka, and the amnesty, and clans rights and desire for freedom, and OT torn between defending it's territories and upholding Ross's orders. The introduction of the Amnesty is a much more tangible and effective story development.

I get the feeling FC is trying to do too damn much with too damn little. They give us a few minutes of video totally devoid of content and a story dungeon, and what the hell is that supposed to do? They should focus more on events and perpetuating the conflicts and political debates raging on the planet. Trying to add a 3rd "threat" has been TOTALLY ineffective and uninteresting. The player base is interested in the AMNESTY... it's the only thing on-going that we can sink our teeth into.

FC, if you are going to bring in an opposing force (farce) then make it player-controlled, and a 4th side to choose. If the threat isn't coordinated and on-going then we won't give a crap, and your story is dead in its tracks. If you aren't going to make the cyborgs PC, but still intend to make the 'borgs a threat, make the attacks on-going, 2 or 3 a day, in various random locations. Make some battles that last a few hours also, send in reinforcements, etc... the way you are doing this now is totally worthless, you make me wonder if you're just a handful of morons in a basement somewhere that only have time for one or two events a week and have to spend the rest of your time screwing up code and answering petitions.

Jeebus, I just can't seem to have a nice and friendly conversation about this... sorry - I guess I just love this game and its players too much to settle for amateur-grade product.