Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "N" word...

Classic.

I remember when i strapped on an ithaca for a test run with mop and a crit scope, i couldnt get enough of it that night in 2ho. Same with river, i played around with that a bit and then before i log:

[Hiredthug]: *Chances of scoring a critical hit in PvP is now halved.
    To [Hiredthug]: WHAT!?

Boy it sure does feel like the world's against you eh IPR point wasted.

Imho they should just make IPRs unlimited. Why not? the fact that they limit IPRs stops character creation diversity and can really gimp people at level 200 when they're out with all the flavor of the month weapons coming and going.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Nothinman
    what if TMS was restored to reflect 75% of dmg back in pvp? would you call nerf then? when soldeirs would be able to easily kill anyone in a duel? duels dont matter right? ..

theoretically.. what if scenario.
    Tms was never meant to be 75% Reflect if I must believe it's description:

Nano Crystal (Total Mirror Shield Mk X)

Nano Crystal - The Soldier's true friend in battle, a Total Mirror Shield deflects 75% of all damage away from the soldier. A small amount of this damage is deflected back onto the attacker. This formula cannot be executed on other people. It has the drawback of effectively shutting down your nano capabilities for 2 minutes.

clearly says deflects which is something different then reflect...

"deflect away from the soldier" = not: "reflect back at the opponent"

Now I do not know if this description was altered with the nerf ingame, but if it wasnt, then this was a fix, rather then a nerf

Originally posted by Stromm
    Classic.

I remember when i strapped on an ithaca for a test run with mop and a crit scope, i couldnt get enough of it that night in 2ho. Same with river, i played around with that a bit and then before i log:

[Hiredthug]: *Chances of scoring a critical hit in PvP is now halved.
    To [Hiredthug]: WHAT!?

Boy it sure does feel like the world's against you eh IPR point wasted.

Imho they should just make IPRs unlimited. Why not? the fact that they limit IPRs stops character creation diversity and can really gimp people at level 200 when they're out with all the flavor of the month weapons coming and going.
    Bump for that idea ... it made me quit playing my MA after being crit nerfed I didnt have any IP reset points left for any other decent weapon...

Id go back and play my Ma when they would enable the unlimited IPRs w00tah!

unlimited ipr's :/

Donno think if they gave you 3-5 more per patch would be good.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Abrikoosje

Nano Crystal - The Soldier's true friend in battle, a Total Mirror Shield deflects 75% of all damage away from the soldier. A small amount of this damage is deflected back onto the attacker. This formula cannot be executed on other people. It has the drawback of effectively shutting down your nano capabilities for 2 minutes.

Now I do not know if this description was altered with the nerf ingame, but if it wasnt, then this was a fix, rather then a nerf

Not supporting the bringing back of it in any way, but it originally said "Reflect", hehe. They changed it after the nerf.

~Chris

It said REFLECTED before the nerf, please get ur facts straight when you dont know what your talking about. This was a nerf, nothing less, and it gimped the profession alot because of the whineys that kept dieing from reflected damage, now who put a gun on their head and told them to go smash the soldier that has the TMS up ? wtf!
    Last edited by Infamine; Jan 5th, 2003 at 03:14:25.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Dunno why you go cross posting this quote in every single thread you can find. As I said in the other thread, the description was changed after the nerf was put in place. Actually, it was changed quite a while after the nerf.

hehehe unlimited IPR points ==== baaaad

you would see my one day walking around with MCS, then Manex, then Pipealloy, then QB, then PROD

im a drastic individual with 0 ipr points and im glad cause that means i have to stick with something :P

Originally posted by Stromm
    EXACTLY!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

I still want to know, in a hypothetical situation... If TMS was restored to how it was about a year ago or more. where 75% of all damage you did was shot back in your face. would you call nerf?

IT would mean soldiers could kill almost anyone in duels, and be very good in mass pvp for short periods of time.. probably not overall as strong as drains or GA4 though.

Nerfs happened before, because they had to.. not soley because of whiners.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Yea it would be cool if soldier would reflect more damage with TMs but I dont wanna imagine the guy running in box room with TMS on and 100% reflect. Not only he could easily kill someone in a good alpha but nobody would kill the Soldiers unless people really wanna take the risk of shooting at him. Maybe they should change TMS so that soldier reflect the entire damage they receive. Which is something like 25% of the real dmg. This would respect the 'Mirror' part of the nano while keeping the 'Sheild' part effective. Right now, TMS is only a defencive nano. Nothing stop ppl from shooting at you, just that we kinda waste bullet unless we got a little army.

Originally posted by Insida
    Duel are the cancer of PvP in this game and often the source of nerf.
    no people who exploit, exploit game mechanics, and cheat are the cancer of the game

in otherwords insida you are malignat and not benign
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Besheba is the coolest clanner I know. Hes a good friend of mine. Suppression gaz are cool isnt it.
    Last edited by Insida; Jan 5th, 2003 at 15:38:01.

Atleast you lasted longer than a fatgirl in a dodgeball game.

Originally posted by Georg
    Agree with args first post there.

Also, I think that one of the comment patches should issiue 1-2, if not 3 more ipr points because of all the recent changes and who knows what is there to come.
    I've said this all along, but I think at level 200 you should get unlimited IPR points. At that stage of the game, people are getting bored and jaded and giving them the opportunity to improve/change their character around.

Before level 200, 15 IPR points are enough, but a 200 character with 0 IPR is a has been.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Re: Crikey !

Originally posted by Infamine
    heh i meant it honestly, no disregard or whatever, but there was no one to protect both NTs and Soldiers or even Agents one shot kill AS, asides from the one concerned, and i can assure that we didnt feel overpowered, knowing you could die from anybody if not under TMS. Like you go to 2HO while NT were chaincasting volcanic on whompa/grid you were dead. Same story with a dimach waiting MA or an AS agent etc ... only pet prof had little chance to get one shot kill and even some mps were doing great.
    So yes the logic is flawed, and yes N word blows ;(

edit : thinking about what Nothin said, even if all the planet would agree on non nerf calling, and FC would revert to full damage or TMS reflecting 75% how long you guys think it would take before the first nerf thread ? 30sec or 1 mn
    100% damage is just nuts.

How many people in the game have over 10K HPs?

With 100% damage every class in game will be 1 shot killers.

PVP as it stands now requires a little bit of skill or finesse, but do we want to make this game into who can rez and reclaim first?

Spend 10 minutes flying to base at DAV only to meet the reclaim 1 shot later?

1 shot kills would mean any class without immunity (everyone but Nt and soldier) might as well not step on the battlefield.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Originally posted by Fiix

I personaly could not care less if they remove the nuke or not. so what i will just have to run away every time i see an NT charging. As long as he does not play a stupid Joe and asks why am i running then its fine by me. I'm running to bring my friends

So a fixer cant kill a NT so boohooo. I dont expect to be able to kill every single thing as a fixer in this game, nobody should be able to kill every other profession.

All the ppl that call for nerfs are newbs in pvp that expect if they 180+ to kill every single living soul. Run in the middle of the opposition and start shooting like Rambo and kill everyone.

Get real ppl. You will never be able to kill everything thats not how life is

Also i agree about the professions who cant kill anyone to be fixed but not by making ma's do 120 damage or taking NTs nukes away or similar things. Give them weapons that do damage and lets fight.
    Cool attitude man
    Mains:
    Alpha(NT)|Cent(Enf)|Bio(Doc)
    Twinks:
    Straight(Trd)|Infekted(Trd)|Infekted MKII(Trd)|Betty(MP)

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Dunno why you go cross posting this quote in every single thread you can find. As I said in the other thread, the description was changed after the nerf was put in place. Actually, it was changed quite a while after the nerf.
    Ow yeah I cross posted this in one other thread! Dammit that awfully seems a lot like every thread ... right...

Originally posted by Infamine

It said REFLECTED before the nerf, please get ur facts straight when you dont know what your talking about. This was a nerf, nothing less, and it gimped the profession alot because of the whineys that kept dieing from reflected damage, now who put a gun on their head and told them to go smash the soldier that has the TMS up ? wtf!
    Thanks for making my facts straight! I wasnt asking anyways eh, I was telling yall to not anwser me cos I knew it was deflected anyways and not reflected like I asked...

Yup that didnt make sense did it...?

Anyways, I was asking, I thought it might have been a mistake by Fc in the beginning and I was ASKING if they changed it after the nerf... Thx for anwsering my question... thanx for making me "get my facts straight" I was only asking dammit... not stating a fact...

sheesh... dont worry, im not calling for nerfs, dont worry I dont hate soldiers... why do you react so ... "hurt", "offended"?

nvm

bump!

I think IPR points should be attainable via quest, or simply given to active charicters upon any patch that might add weapons or change game mechanics in any way.(or both)

My 200 agent has 13 ipr remaining.

I can understand the problem of lvl 200 charicters running around with crit dependant weapons and no ipr, but unlimited IPR at 200 is a bit much. That would instantly turn every lvl 200 toon into a tradeskill god, some people in the game have worked hard to get there chars where they are and unlimited ipr would be a bit of a N*** to some.

Maybe lvl 200 chars could get 1-2 ipr for earning another lvl's worth of XP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast