Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "N" word...

Post The "N" word...

Man... Let's stop crying nerf already. Enough is enough.

There are people on these boards who have been playing this game for over a year, some of them 1 1/2 years.

I think its time we all sat back and evaluated what the word nerf does to other people, instead of being so selfish to call it out whenever our skills do not match up.

N.E.R.F. = 4 letter word.

Lets be a bit more concious about using it arbitrarily.

Why? Because its not funny anymore. People are sick of it. I'm tired of hearing it, I know a ton of other vets in this game who are also sick of hearing it.

I'm running out of IPR points... How many of you are also running out ? How many more nerfs will it take to get people to realize that the only true answer to imbalance is to fix the weaker profession up to par with the others. Not degrade a profession (any profession) which was long time worthless and now has a fighting chance.

I think we could all be much more productive by not taking the often easy route and crying nerf. Instead we could be pro-active and apply our various experience into 1 pool of knowlege. Thus giving FC a resource to assist in balance, not making the problem worse.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Duel are the cancer of PvP in this game and often the source of nerf.

I wish this would happen, but to many people out there think they should be the most uber prof in the game.

the formula is simple.

Can I beat <insert prof here> 90% of the time?

no?

request nerf

yes?

Flame those who request nerf

simple logic flow it seems.

oh

and btw

Nerf drains.

:P

( actually, I can kinda deal with traders now that I actually have some different tactics I use against them, as well as the ransack resist buff. I still have to know they are coming to avoid them, but I can do it now if I know they are there. )
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

So I guess this means you don't want the grid armor nuke nerfed anymore?

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    That is a completely different ballgame Piercingevil and I was well prepared for your bringing that into the mix.

Leave it to an absolutely negative person to spoil a very positive comment with lack of abillity to think outside their own wants or needs.

What is to be done with the NT nuke is now up to FC. It has been debated and debated over and over. Many people discuss it and unlike Grid Armor, even people from your own profession want it adjusted in trade for something that will benifit their profession instead of allowing them to kill faster a profession which they already killed effectively.

I don't expect you to understand that... Your the type who would like their cake and ice-cream served on a silver platter.

I'm happy with having a fighting chance.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

I know, take away the GA NUKE Damage and keep the hot removal.

Use little nuke, works just as good.

Originally posted by Riokou
    I know, take away the GA NUKE Damage and keep the hot removal.

Use little nuke, works just as good.
    You're calling for a nerf in an anti-nerf thread.

While we're at it, let's take the damage away from the EQB, and just leave the nano effect it sometimes procs
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

No jynne, I myself Do not want the GA Nuke to be changed, I no longer play NT or Phi..fixer.

Wouldn't it be neat if each class had something that was the complet bane of another class? Then maybe people would stop whining. Or maybe....just a thought..maybe this is FC's way of saying just becuase your a Fixer with GA...don't think your completly immune? Or maybe it is another attempt to drive down the price of GA becuase it becomes slightly less usefull? Bahh...just babling I suppose. Maybe I should start whining why I can't drop everyone at 400 meters with one shot again. It's a constant evolution. MA's used to be the ones everyone feared...so many people whined, now look at them. If you think you class sucks...play another.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    I personaly could not care less if they remove the nuke or not. so what i will just have to run away every time i see an NT charging. As long as he does not play a stupid Joe and asks why am i running then its fine by me. I'm running to bring my friends

So a fixer cant kill a NT so boohooo. I dont expect to be able to kill every single thing as a fixer in this game, nobody should be able to kill every other profession.

All the ppl that call for nerfs are newbs in pvp that expect if they 180+ to kill every single living soul. Run in the middle of the opposition and start shooting like Rambo and kill everyone.

Get real ppl. You will never be able to kill everything thats not how life is

Also i agree about the professions who cant kill anyone to be fixed but not by making ma's do 120 damage or taking NTs nukes away or similar things. Give them weapons that do damage and lets fight.
    Last edited by Fiix; Jan 3rd, 2003 at 20:20:04.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

playing 1 1/2 years, and ive never seen the N word be helpful :P

but, funcom does have a problem with balancing ...let them dead with it...N word eww >_<
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

Originally posted by Noda
    playing 1 1/2 years, and ive never seen the N word be helpful :P
    Yes but ppl started abusing it like everything.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

"So I guess this means you don't want the grid armor nuke nerfed anymore?"

Nerfing a nerf? hmmmm
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

been playing non stop since day 1. sometimes when you have exhausted all things to do in game, and gotten your character to the point when YOU can no longer make it better. only funcom can by nerfing or boosted classes. thats when it comes to the boards.

it just happens that way.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Agree with args first post there.

Also, I think that one of the comment patches should issiue 1-2, if not 3 more ipr points because of all the recent changes and who knows what is there to come.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Originally posted by Insida
    Duel are the cancer of PvP in this game and often the source of nerf.
    Actually no, or not always. AS much as i agree, as much it makes me bitter on how many people supported the nerfs on NT and soldiers in the early months of the games. Funniest part is that noone wanna see those features back, but FC decided first to put them in then took them out because of people.
    Logic is flawed ;(
    Its people that looses versus random prof X alot that got to ask for a nerf. 100% dmg wasnt unbalancing, actually it was more balanced than it ever was again after, i mean everybody knew not to hit on a soldier when he was shielded, to watch where you were walking because of the AS , Dimach and Roots-DD from outta space and it didnt bother noone but carebears and whineys.
    Either way the N work sucks.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Georg
    Agree with args first post there.

Also, I think that one of the comment patches should issiue 1-2, if not 3 more ipr points because of all the recent changes and who knows what is there to come.
    I agree, with all the changes many of my chars have ran out of ipr's and i do not play them anymore, fortunatly i still have a few left on my Trader (current char), i would like to see more ipr's implemented to keep up with all the changes.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

what if TMS was restored to reflect 75% of dmg back in pvp? would you call nerf then? when soldeirs would be able to easily kill anyone in a duel? duels dont matter right? ..

theoretically.. what if scenario.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Crikey !

heh i meant it honestly, no disregard or whatever, but there was no one to protect both NTs and Soldiers or even Agents one shot kill AS, asides from the one concerned, and i can assure that we didnt feel overpowered, knowing you could die from anybody if not under TMS. Like you go to 2HO while NT were chaincasting volcanic on whompa/grid you were dead. Same story with a dimach waiting MA or an AS agent etc ... only pet prof had little chance to get one shot kill and even some mps were doing great.
    So yes the logic is flawed, and yes N word blows ;(

edit : thinking about what Nothin said, even if all the planet would agree on non nerf calling, and FC would revert to full damage or TMS reflecting 75% how long you guys think it would take before the first nerf thread ? 30sec or 1 mn
    Last edited by Infamine; Jan 4th, 2003 at 11:05:48.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast