Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "N" word...

/me prostrates at Newarival

Doesnt she speak the truth eh? =)

Originally posted by Abrikoosje

Thanks for making my facts straight! I wasnt asking anyways eh, I was telling yall to not anwser me cos I knew it was deflected anyways and not reflected like I asked...

Yup that didnt make sense did it...?

Anyways, I was asking, I thought it might have been a mistake by Fc in the beginning and I was ASKING if they changed it after the nerf... Thx for anwsering my question... thanx for making me "get my facts straight" I was only asking dammit... not stating a fact...

sheesh... dont worry, im not calling for nerfs, dont worry I dont hate soldiers... why do you react so ... "hurt", "offended"?

nvm

bump!

Yeh offended, the stupid whiners and carebears and anti-grief people that played at the launch made FC totally destroy my two first toons ( a NT and a Soldier), because they couldnt stand to die in one shot. That game was(is ?) pvp based not carebear based, so not only you dont loose any item, nor xp if you saved but still people HAD to go cry on FC dev knees to get us nerfed because it was so unfair. And now, people start to agree about not calling on nerfs, thats totally hypocrit. Put back the 80M range on the nukes and full dmg with uncapped specials and i bet its gonna take 20 seconds for that board to be full of whines.
    There were several other fixes proposed at the time the 50% dmg cap first hitted, the best was to double everyone hp and leave everything else like it was, but no instead it was easier to totally ruin two classes that didnt have anything wrong in the first place.
    Just remember UO, the same carebear totally ruined the game, instead of leveling and gettin gear to strike back they whined and got the game turned into Sims Online. If i wanna play Sims Online im gonna buy it, but i wont go on AO and ask FC to change their game into SO2 just because im a little bunny that wants to play nice. Thats the only cool part about Neocron, you actually get rewarded for griefing and killin level 1 in the sewers; you dont like ? then go play something else.

NB: nothing up is intented to be adressed to the guy i quoted, just making a point with anyone
    Infamine 200 soljah

Why not allow a level 190+ (everyone else can just level up for more IPR anyway) to do a quest for 1 extra IPR point that can be performed once every month or so? That way you can always get your character out of some mess they get into without instantly becomming a tradeskill god.

Level 164....NO IPR used....none needed as of yet.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Former MA doctor here. Notum Wars (namely, roots/snares, PvP crit nerfing, and crowd control) required me to spend 4 IPR to get out of MA and related skills and change to a gun in order to be viable in battle.

MA as a skill has been totally ruined for tower PvP. Real MAs have it very bad, but other professions using MA have it even worse (no self-only crit buffs, no FFoK, no root-breaking).
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I'm sick of big game changes.

I pvp with Letah daily since the early days of 100% dmg and neckshots of 7k. OMG a doc with Freshman and a Steiner.

Needless to say I was happy with the IP reset.

The last change (halved pvp crit) made sure I got 0 IPR points; so I still am stuck to Ithaca with AS. It's okay but I rather wanted to use Caterwaul/X3 rifle now. Or PoP. Not for this girl, pvped too long and now I cant go along anymore So I'm just a pure healer nowadays and have fun with my other chars.

You have to consider one thing though Argulace;

Do you justify things *not* to be "fixed" (read: nerf) because everyone says nerfing is bad? Then you are running in an upwards spiral of upgrading and enhancing. It's like balancing a table with 1 size of a book, each time it leans to a different side and you keep on adding books.

After a team you cannot eat from the table anymore.

To be "politically" correct I'd rather not discuss nerfs myself and let FC do the nerfing but arent I suppose to talk about balance?

It's a hard issue, but sometimes its necesairy (sp?) evil. I'd love to hear your theory about it.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

I can sum it up in one sentence...

Limited nerfing is alright as long as 3 IPR points are awarded to everyone with each nerf so that they can adjust.

Limited nerfing is defined as nerfing that doesn't ruin a profession's capability to succeed at PvM or PvP, or both. An example of a limited nerf would be UVC, an example of a non-limited nerf would be the halved PvP crits for everyone (as it ruined MAs).
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

When people get angry about nerf and start to say that Nerfs ruin the game, dont forget that the thing ppl want to be nerfed ruined their game. Some nerf were good, some nerf were bad. When ppl ask for no nerf but they want upgrade and more content in the game, FC reply with things like the anti smurf nukes or the anti CH debuff to stabilize the game. As for the IPR thingy, everytime FC nerf something, they should give some. But they shouldnt give any IPR at all if they place new weapons,new nano or new items. When you start your charcater you chose a path to take and you follow it. If you dont like it, you can change it with IPR but you if you change to try the new phat item of the month there should be a price to pay.
    Last edited by Insida; Jan 7th, 2003 at 17:07:58.

With Notum Wars and multiple unique mobs 200 characters have reason to continue playing their characters. But game changes occur with regularity and those 15 IPR points just aren't enough. I still have 14 IPR points on my adventurer and plan on keeping them for a bit.

Some argue that unlimited IPR would make tradeskills worthless but I disagree. I mean would I IPR my adventurer so I could do nanoprogramming? Traders might IPR frequently to do various tradeskills, but IPRing is cumbersome and a pain in the rear to do and I can't see people doing it willy nilly.

Unlimited IPRs means 200 players stay in the game and can continue character development Some mentioned a quest for IPR but I can just see 200s camping the IPR mob. If you guys don't want unlimited, how about 3 IPRs a month, and let you accumulate up to 15. Before 200 though I think the 15 given is sufficient.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

I think FC is not giving IPR anymore because in Shadowland, every proffession will be able to follow special paths that make his character more unque in his class.

Re: The "N" word...

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK

How many more nerfs will it take to get people to realize that the only true answer to imbalance is to fix the weaker profession up to par with the others. Not degrade a profession (any profession) which was long time worthless and now has a fighting chance.

Arg
    Coudn't agree more, what i've said in tons of posts arguing with people about various whinings and nerf proposals in the past. Well said.

I once read a soldier post something like: "Hey, i'd even be happy with improvements to my proffession being held off as long as traders were nerfed!"

Now, I was ready to reply with flamage, especially at a noobish, unthought out post such as that, cep't my account was canceled at the time Anyway, my point is, people need to stop thinking like monkeys and crying nerf when they get beat by someone, or just simply think they're proffession isn't up to par with others... Instead, think of ways that your proffession could be "brought up to par" with the others...

A good example imo is what they did with the trader team heals, made em pretty much usless because docs whined and complained that after drains, we were better healers etc.....

Well, rather than making some needed changes to the doc proffession, like lowering the nano requirements on some of the high heals,specially a&o, and tightening up the difference between the min and max heal amount on the heals, FC went and hit traders with the nerf baton, made many quit.... Was unneccesary imo.

Anyway, just wanted to comment on that post, well said arg, couldn't have put it better myself, and it's issues like this that put me on vacation from ao for a while

and ps: I never whined nerf when I got annihalated by a good alpha strike :P

Talking

People keep mentioning about how 100% damage days should come back.

As a Soldier I should support this change because I can wade into battle with a 10K FA and a 3K burst ( not counting weapon switching) while deflecting 75% damage. Sounds fun for me but what about anyone who isnt a Soldier or NT?

I dont like the idea of 1 hit kills at all. Too many profs with a small amount of HP and no means of defense. For the most part I enjoy PvP as it is. Some profs need major help in this area and some need just a "tweak". ( Soldiers that need to get a part off a mob that requires divine intervention to get for a small performance boost in PvP being a tweak) Only Fai had a horseshoe up his ass when we went to get my Fluctuating.

It is truly funny to think back to the 3 hours I spent reading about all the profs before making my decision on my first Char. I wanted a baddass damage dealer who could make grown men cry! I can tell you a Doctor, Trader or Fixer didnt even make it into my final 3 as a prof that could do that. Think FC needs to spend an hour reworking the prof descriptions for all the poor noobs so they dont go wtf when they learn the truth!

BTW not a flame against those profs, love you all even if I cant kill you.

Ohhhh I just thought of an addition too funny. I remember when I came to the horrible realization my prof wasnt a PvP powerhouse.

Traderdoug: Hey Dezreale, want to try me in arena?
    Dezreale: Sure, why not! ( Dez thinks to herself. Hehe a Soldier against a Trader. This should be fun)
    Traderdoug: K rdy!
    Dezreale: K rdy!
    Dezreale: Hello reclaim!

Dead in 3 shots. Pre crit nerf.

eh, I find it funny that back when funcom was nerfing the bejeebus out of my proff, or the nt's, or the agents, nobody stood up and said "Nerfs are Bad".

But now you see people from the new "uber" proffs saying "Nerfs are bad". Well guess what... nerfs are bad, and they're coming for you next. There's a whole slew of nerf fixer, or nerf enf, and nerf trader (who still seem immune ), or nerf docs threads.

Your days are numbered uber classes, the nerf god is coming for you, there will always be nerf whiners and funcom lacks the fortitude to resist the call of the nerf siren.

Standing up now and attempting to get people to see reason before you get whacked by the nerf bat yourselves isn't going to help.

And you know what? When it happens it'll be a shame, it'll hurt the game and I'll wish the nerfing didn't happen. But I'm also going to stand back and laugh at ya'll, cause that's what ya'll were doing when it was my proff that got it. so...

"HA HA"
    /me points and laughs
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123