Thread: Pets and Towers

Pets and Towers

I posted in a thread earlier about pets and healing/attacking various levels within LC Areas.

I can't find it so I will start a new one.

I am a level 45 Engy with a lvl 64 bot.

Yesterday my Org went on a raid, all was well... Bot was attacking towers and handling himself quite well...

Then we started in on the control tower... My Bot was taking quite a bit of damage so I started to heal him... Nope not going to have any of that... The difference between me and my bot was great enough that I could not heal him.

This was a lvl 50 tower, so range was 40-70, or there abouts.

Defends come, I talk my bot to attack a charging defender. He refuses as he is much higher than the attacker. I am left to battle without my primary source of offense/defense ... needless to say I died. We took the tower however, so I wasn't utterly pissed.

However this made me think of that thread I can no longer find about a MP and her pets... and what happened in her situation.

This really needs to be looked at, otherwise I have to gimp myself and spend more money to make sure I always have a bot at my level to make sure I am never without one in a tower battle.

Also comes into play the defense of Org towers by players outside of their level... this is still a huge issue in my opinion.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

No one has had this happen to them? Or would like to comment? Come on now...

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Well, I haven't had that happen yet but I can sympathize. My having a lv46 eng with a lev63 pet...

And the solution is so simple: just allow the pet to attack the players we can attack : No more, no less.

How is that a solution?

The player coming to defend the tower are within the Towers range, I am within the Towers range, as is my Pet...

However my pet is outside both my range and the defenders range... meaning he won't attack and can't be healed or buffed...

Unless I leave the LC zone into a normal zone that in most cases contains high level players waiting to beat the snot out of me.

The situation is the same on the defending side... I get to sit and watch people tear apart my towers cause my bot refuses to attack them...

You don't propose a solutions you telling me to get over, well I am sure someone else with our probelm or any other Pet based profession may see it a little differently.

I wish I could get some constructive thoughts on this issue.

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

This is a known issue. It's been brought up on the forums for the various pet professions. Everyone seems to agree that FunCom just messed up here; but to my knowledge, FunCom has not yet acknowledged this as a bug.

It may be that FunCom is trying to force pet profs to go with yellow pets. I hope not.

[edit] fixed a misspelling
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

My ql 1 pet wouldn't hit the ql 250 control tower.. dammit.

~Chris

har har.

Your humor is distrubing, but thanx for the bump

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

Again, pet outside PvP of an attacker and well I bit the big one...

How come the pet's attack range isn't judge by the master's level? Or at least an average or something?

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

I ...

Wholeheartedly agree with you...

I am a lvl 104 Engie with a ql 200 Slayer tried to participate in a tower raid and low and behold nada... i couldnt attack anyone in my range and to top it off i couldnt even buff bot i had to run out to a 75% area and buff there by the time i came back everything was over.. utterly useless i was...