Thread: Multiple accounts same computer?

Multiple accounts same computer?

Well my wife wants to give AO a try but we only have one computer. Now I know you can use the same install with multiple accounts since I helped a friend get out of a zone because of his comp/FC hate afair....I used his user name and password to log on his main and zone him.

Can I install 2 seperate copies on the same computer, different directories so if I want to transfer some of my old crap to her I can? Bassically run 2 copies in window mode.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Yes, I believe so. I think it's been tried.
    ~Q~
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

You can boot the same install of AO twice and just use a diff user name / password for the second boot.

*Warning* I think that FC view this as a banable offence (mentions it in the EULA someplace).
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

This works well with dual processor system and you won't see much lag unless you have both up at the same time (keep 1 minimized) in window mode.

This is NOT a bannable offense per EULA unless it's logging on 2 characters from the same account.

I'd suggest a 64mb+ video card at the very least.

Exclamation

I log 2 accounts on the same machine from time to time, it makes my 2.2 ghz athlon with radeon 9700 choke...so be warned...do it only if you have a lot of patience

Originally posted by TheSkeezix
    This works well with dual processor system and you won't see much lag unless you have both up at the same time (keep 1 minimized) in window mode.

This is NOT a bannable offense per EULA unless it's logging on 2 characters from the same account.

I'd suggest a 64mb+ video card at the very least.
    I can confirm this. Dual TBird 1.2 1GB Registered DDR and a GF3. As long as you have only one window maximized your fine. as a matter of fact I can hardly tell the other games is running.
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.
    Helsinki Dual wielding Tellus Soldier
    Chlamydia Combat Medic "turn right and cough..."
    Heygimme Gourmet baby chef and connoisseur.

Well I set it up at lunch and made a Atrox MA on my wifes account, then logged my main on my account. With one window minimized it ran just fine. I did disable the sounds on my wifes account untill she plays.....sound was breaking up.

BTW....I have a P4 2.0, Radeon 9700 Pro, 1 gig RDRAM.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

I do it all the time, I sometimes even tripple log. (yea, I have 3 different accounts).

You don't have to install it twice, just once works. Just log in again as the different account and do the rest as usual.

The lag is hardly noticable if you run it in windowed mode and minimize the other one (or two) windows. I don't ever have any problems with it. (run a p4 2.8 ghz / R9700 Pro / 1.5 gigs RDRAM and whatnot)

~Chris

Hell, i've runned 2 diffrent account on a p3-550 with a GF3 (64meg) 512 ram.. and it's workable.. .. aslong as one of the chars dont move
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

You dont' have to install twice as mentioned. The AO database is opened in exclusive access mode or something, but it seems to be exclusive for any instance of clientr.exe running not just the 1st one.

Originally posted by The Moo Clan
    You can boot the same install of AO twice and just use a diff user name / password for the second boot.

*Warning* I think that FC view this as a banable offence (mentions it in the EULA someplace).
    I think you're actually referring to the old dual login problem where a person with one account could log two characters on the same ccount at the same time. I have two accounts that I run on the same computer, but they are two separate accounts and I pay for them both. I can't see being banned for using one computer instead of two, as I'm paying two payments
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat