Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would happen if all of omni guilds on rimor destroyed there towers?

What would happen if all of omni guilds on rimor destroyed there towers?

Simple question.

Here are the problems with NWs on Rimor right now.
    1) NWs was not released to everyone at the same time. Distribution of the expanison pack was horrible. This gave many people the advantage of placing there 200 and 250 towers up first.
    2) Alot of omni is switching to clan. omni is shrinking everyday.
    3) near impossible to take down a lvl250 controller. With the amount of time u have before the area goes 100% it is almost impossible to take down a lvl 250 tower and fight off defenders.
    4) shear numbers. clan out numbers omni be a huge margin and it keeps growing every day. Heres a possible reason for sideswitching:
    "Eventually, omni will get tired of dieing every fight by 1 to 4 odds. Most major battles end up with 1 omni being attacked by 3 to 4 clanners. I for one am getting tired of reclaiming(which takes forever) and then flying out the the battle to be attacked again by 3 clanners and the whole cycle repeats itself. Like I said with both sides being equiped the same. Its a numbers game.

Your right its a game, but with that said, I for one dont enjoy every battle being 1 agains 3 odds, but if omni was better equiped then it lessons the numbers game. "

5) Why omni is so weak on rimor:
    But lets look at the big picture:

Why some one would go clan vs omni. In NW.

1) Same equipment. (or equal equipment as omni)
    2) A natural XP bonus
    3) More people to group with and establish friendships.
    4) Clan already controls the game. So, If i join clan. I get all the benefits.
    5) A decreased chance of getting ganked in mass pvp. An increase chance of ganking.
    6) With more people comes more security. If im not really intrested in PvP but want the bonuses that the towers give me in pvm. Then, Clan offers the most protection from my towers being blown up.
    7) If I only want to do PvM, then having the highest xp % is nice and being on a side with the most people make it easier to find groups.

Why some one would go omni vs. clan. In NW

1) Beta player. started omni, so im omni.
    2) I have a friend that is omni.
    3) I love a change, so why not. Reclaiming doesnt bother me, I love it! I love going against 3 clanners at a time. that is the true test of pvp tactics and skill.-----Im uber.

===========================================

so with that said,

What would Happen to the game if omni guilds just destroyed there towers? What would Funcom do?

NW is defently not balanced on Rimor.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Clan would own more than it does?

Thats my only guess

And we would take over all the land and get a 20% xp bonus. ( 20 is max right?
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Turin

And we would take over all the land and get a 20% xp bonus. ( 20 is max right?
    maybe on your server I suspect on ours its lower.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

In general that is a good question, what happens when one side wins the war. I wonder if funcom has even thought that out? Would they distroy all the towers and do a forced rest of NW or just let it stay broke? If nobody can win whats the point in fighting..

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

---------

I seem to be in a posting frenzy these days, so I will stick my nose into this one too.

I think Clan XP would go to 15%, as Clan has 9% now and Omni has about 6%.

And yes, it does feel weird that this particular war is not meant to be won, because it would in fact ruin everything.

And yeah, in a very recent post in the Rimor Wars thread I had totally forgotten how hard it is to destroy a ql 200 or 250 controller. You could probably do it if you got enough players nto the zone, but as we all know by know if you get enough players into a zone you might find yourself face down in a ditch 2 zones away with a tattoo on your butt that says 'This Zoning Comes To You Courtesy Of Funcom Inc's Total Lack Of Coding Abilities! Would You Like To Pre-Order Shadowlands?'

Which does however mean that Omni at least gets to most likely keep their lvl 200 and 250 towers, unless they choose to destroy them in a grand and poignant gesture.

Hmmm... Well, I'm fresh outta answers on this one, but looking forward to seeing what FC will make out of this, my bet is on some kind of hamfisted 'ICC Ban' on notum mining 'due to some unexpected discoveries blah blah blah'

I gotta go apologize to Halfnelson on the Rimor Wars thread, and then I'm off to play!
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

well my take on it and maybe I am stating the obvious is NW is just a stepping stone. blah blah blah we over farm the planet of notum the save terminals stop working (hint hint description of the noob dungeon) and we get these half dead creatures and mutated breeds running around (IE the new breeds) and shadow land is born. I would assume at that time NW would either cease to exist or change in some way.

~aqua

---------

Good point, Aqua!

However, Shadowlands is soooo far away I can't even see it with ql 200 Perception triple-implanted and my uber advie Perception buffs.

My bet is 6-12 months for SL, and Omni faces (almost) utter annihilation on Rimor in the matter of a few months at best, maybe even weeks at worst, if the current situation continues.

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Originally posted by Revelator

My bet is 6-12 months for SL, and Omni faces (almost) utter annihilation on Rimor in the matter of a few months at best, maybe even weeks at worst, if the current situation continues.
    ahh well don't count us out yet, we still might have a few tricks up our sleeves,, just taking use time to get up to speed.

~aqua

---------

My take on it is that NW can't be won, since it's really just a war for resources. Clan may own all of the resources, but, due to the fact that omni is a large company, bla bla bla, they could ship in resources, bla bla bla. So really no side can, from a role-playing point of view, win this war.

As for actual consequences, well, FC could always introduce some massive, planet-wide catastrophe that would wipe out the controllers or something and set things back to even. Of course that wouldn't help anything other than to give clan another chance to flex their numbers and take control.

Another problem is that if they introduce new benefits to being omni, then they would have to do so only on rk-2, as things seem to be balanced a bit better on rk-1, and that balance, I suspect, is what FC values more. On the other hand, this may chage as new players begin on rk-2 and even out the numbers between servers.

The moral of the story?

This probably isn't gonna change any time soon.

As for omni taking down all their towers, I say go for it, I won't mind

Talking

I saw this coming a galaxy away. Anyone ever play Shattered Galaxy? Once one faction gets an upperhand, and Clan already had it before NW, people tend to flock over and the imbalance grows bigger.

Before NW, the reasons to go over to clan was mostly for Tarasque loot. Now the XP bonus plus the ability to setup your own towers for personal and org bonuses.

How did Shattered Galaxy resolve its faction imbalance problems? It never has which is why it is dying. Not for lack of trying. It merged factions (it had up to 4), forced all noobs to go to the weakest one (they left as soon as they could if anyone ever let them level), totally broke up factions and made random merges, etc.

What are FC's plans for resolving faction imbalance here? HA, they have none! They haven't thought it through. A simple look at history could have told them what happens when you mix RTS with RPG.

Take the point of a new player who joins AO. As soon as he looks at the land control map, looks at the XP bonus then hears about Tara loot ----- > reroll clan.

OK, maybe those players who switch to clan might be considered lame but from their point of view why stay Omni? Is there really any compelling philosophical reason to stay one side or another? Nope, so then you look at material advantages of one side and hey Clan is it!

I asked the question awhile ago, what happens when one side wins? Looks like FC will need to do a Deus ex Machina (totally lame) to rebalance (whoops Omni-Tek triggered a few Thermonuclear Devices in DAV!) And when I mean win, I do not mean OT Ent and Trade fall, I mean all the benefits of NW go to Clan and no one starts OT characters anymore. Maybe intra-Clan fighting will be the only NW PvP left. The Land Control idea (proffered as content) is a dead end that people are beginning to realize Clan and Omni.
    Last edited by Autocrat/Seraph; Jan 3rd, 2003 at 23:00:54.
    Autocratt Atrox Bureaucrat 200
    Current PvP Armor Setup
    Seraphfirst Nanomage MP 175 Current Fire Reflect Armor Setup (67%)

Suggestions for Revising the Bureaucrat Profession
    1) Charming our own Droids
    2) A fear, and area snare as good as the enforcer's and fixer's
    3) New super short mez nanos and mez nano init changes for PvP
    4) The nuke changes
    5) Highly increased range on speech nanos

Originally posted by Autocrat/Seraph
    Looks like FC will need to do a Deus ex Machina (totally lame) to rebalance (whoops Omni-Tek triggered a few Thermonuclear Devices in DAV!)

You are NOT taking down our ql 250 controller with an old-school nuke.

~Chris

Oh, and the cap is probably more like 20%, because 63 lowbie controller areas remain unoccupied. (lowbies, get to it! )

~Chris

Hmmm just a thought, quite a bit of area not active yet. Funcom really needs to get it opened up. My thought is how about if the new areas that become available in Omni and Neutral territories be made off limits for clan to build there when they first spawn. Yes I know that means I am disregarding Neutral rights a bit, ok so I am getting a bit greedy. Unlikely FC can or will do this but Clanners shouldn't mind since from what I hear them saying they are so powerful they will just take it back anyway, they shouldn't mind the "walk in the park" they will have to take to destroy an Omni ql 250 base

When NW 1st came out everyone Omni and Clan alike was limited in what their org could build due to release being delayed for so many. I'd like to have a chance for my org to build a ql 250 base now that more than 3 of us have NW. Then Clan can come take it from us...maybe

Yeah, yeah I know Santa already came so recently, ok for a gal to dream isn't it.

There's also the impact this whole fiasco has on marketing the booster.

People in the clans on Rimor see that by buying the booster, they are likely to be able to put up some personal towers and get some bonuses. Fc smiles cheerfully, sales of the booster are proving they've done their jobs well.

Those people on the Omni side of the fence take a look at the advantages that are going to the clans. They hear about all the bases that are getting dissassembled. They are told "we need you out at X to defend a base" even though they don't always even know where that is yet. How many of these people are likely to buy the booster?

Add in the fact that people in Omni who HAVE the booster and keep losing their towers to the clans are switching over so they're not constantly losing them... or who are even going so far as to tell new players not to bother unless they can get into a large enough org that stands a chance of mounting a defense...

How many sales of the booster are happening where Omni characters are benefitting?

Its not just a matter of competitiveness and willingness to PvP... why should these people pay $20 for the chance to fight for a base that will give them advantages? Those of us fortunate enough to be able to get the booster during the early days at least had our chance at the bonuses in compensation for the money... people who are considering buying it now do not... unless they're part of a large org that already holds a good base (assuming that base still has open land for building anything).

I'm of the opinion that new territory is the last thing that omni needs right now. Adding more territory doesn't solve the issue of the numbers imbalance between clan and omni. So as soon as omni builds there, clan will have the opportunity to rip it all down and build over it (which they will, let's be honest here), and then the imbalance will be even greater. Omni is already spread too thin, if they are given more territory to defend then who will defend it?

Let omni from rk1 temporarily come to rk2 to do what the weak-arsed omni of rk2 cant.

Originally posted by arsiine
    Let omni from rk1 temporarily come to rk2 to do what the weak-arsed omni of rk2 cant.

And what happens on RK1?

~Chris

Oh, by the way, if you really want a solution to this, just make it so that the time that the gas is 25% / 5% is depedent on the current faction's tower control, in a ratio, so that it's equal on either server.

The more towers a faction owns, the longer the 25% is. Say, about 10 hours max.

The fewer, the shorter it is. When it gets down low enough, it could become impossible to take over ql 250 bases. The minimum of like.. an hour.

bah

now I told them how to fix it

heh

sux

~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    Oh, by the way, if you really want a solution to this, just make it so that the time that the gas is 25% / 5% is depedent on the current faction's tower control, in a ratio, so that it's equal on either server.

The more towers a faction owns, the longer the 25% is. Say, about 10 hours max.

The fewer, the shorter it is. When it gets down low enough, it could become impossible to take over ql 250 bases. The minimum of like.. an hour.

~Chris
    This might work a little bit, although the clans have been taking quite a lot of bases through counter attack. If the Omnis stopped the random I'm-bored-lets-raid-a-base behaviour it might work though.

Omni, you need to stop attacking if you can't build a controller in the eventuality that you actually win the fight.
    Today in NLD you seemed to have won, but there is a clan controller there now. Not very smart!

Of course, don't know if that was a ninja build, I hope it wasnt, because that would be totally unfair, but unless it WAS ninja then it was simply just bad planning or maybe even just an impulse raid that actually got lucky for once.

If you don't HOLD the land after you destroyed the controller, then you DIDN'T win the fight!

Oh and that base in NLD north of the whompa, is it just me or is there like a LOT of fighting going on there?

No, I'm not back.

Originally posted by Revelator

This might work a little bit, although the clans have been taking quite a lot of bases through counter attack. If the Omnis stopped the random I'm-bored-lets-raid-a-base behaviour it might work though.

Omni, you need to stop attacking if you can't build a controller in the eventuality that you actually win the fight.
    Today in NLD you seemed to have won, but there is a clan controller there now. Not very smart!

Of course, don't know if that was a ninja build, I hope it wasnt, because that would be totally unfair, but unless it WAS ninja then it was simply just bad planning or maybe even just an impulse raid that actually got lucky for once.

If you don't HOLD the land after you destroyed the controller, then you DIDN'T win the fight!

Oh and that base in NLD north of the whompa, is it just me or is there like a LOT of fighting going on there?
    did you ever take into account that maybe we only raid because numerically, we don't have the people to hold any more bases than we already have? omni holds a majority of the low level bases ... but at high levels, only our large orgs are able to stand up to the larger and more pvp involved clan orgs...

and if we don't have enough people to build towers to hold the base, the best we can do for now is cost the clans cash to keep what they have. it may be pathetic... but then, so is the situation that allows people to defect to the clans just so they get a better exp bonus and safer bases on which to build personal towers.
    Last edited by Jaesic; Jan 4th, 2003 at 12:59:01.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast