Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sexual Harassment

Talking

I have a simple solution for you.

/w IRL Im a guy. So whats a sailor like you doing in a place like this?

90% of people are so homophobic that there is a very high probability of them running away screaming. LOL After seeing a few friends get "Crying Gamed" I just assume that everyone is a guy.
    Bad Fixer
    Non Illegitimus Carborundum Est!

Originally posted by Fenris
    ....I just assume that everyone is a guy.

Ditto, I get too weirded out thinking that hot looking adventurer chick standing in front of me in the bikini is really some fat hairy dude in a dirty bathrobe.

/me pukes
    Iriee

Bring Back Lankybill!!!

Originally posted by DNG
    roflmao @ the geeks

just tell em "get a life, silly n00b" or "***** pleaze, im way too fine for you little man"
    LOL

funny stuff.

Personally, in AO I play female toons simply cause the Male toons have this odd ass wiggle that makes me a little unconfortable when viewed from behind in 3rd person mode.

Plus things like Kevlar vests and female armor looks kinda cool, and there are some things like whatshernames "little black dress" and other female only items that even tho males can wear, would be way to comical.

The visial bug on the female Solitus Albreacht is at least standable, whereas the male bug just anoys me to much. The only female aspect I dont like in AO are the MA suits. I hate the dress look on em, and wish you could force them to look like pants instead.
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.
    Helsinki Dual wielding Tellus Soldier
    Chlamydia Combat Medic "turn right and cough..."
    Heygimme Gourmet baby chef and connoisseur.

============
    90% of people are so homophobic that there is a very high probability of them running away screaming. LOL After seeing a few friends get "Crying Gamed" I just assume that everyone is a guy.
    ============

Thats a good line.

I agree the best way to get over it is to just ignore it. Otherwise just run off, if you are sitting around and guys are doing the apache in your crotch then what are ya doing sitting around?

Just stand up and walk alone, and realize a lot of these guys just like to jerk peoples chains. /petition /ignore run away... its all good that way.

BBBAAAHHHaaAAHAH

"Ditto, I get too weirded out thinking that hot looking adventurer chick standing in front of me in the bikini is really some fat hairy dude in a dirty bathrobe. "

LOLOL thats me! how did u know ..u been spying on me? cept im not fat..but i play till 1pm in my bathrobe..err hmmm

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Nerf sexual harassment.

Finally! a Nerf I agree with!!
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Originally posted by Hemicrusher<br>Lost Chapter
    I love this post.....

I posted a message just like this, but being a male and it being a female charecter, I was kinda blown off.

I used to crack me up when guys tried to pick me up. I mean here I am a 30+ year old man, RPing a female charecter and getting tells and /me's all the time. I pretty much stopped playing her cause it kinda creeped me out.

Once you get a /me is rubbing your nipples.....it kinda takes the fun away.

I just have to say that if you are so sexually pent up that you need to hit on a avatar.....you need to find a real life.

Habibus, supersoly and nothinman have both taken their turns /backflipping behind me. I'm a little guy and I felt....violated, yet at the same time I was drawn in their strong Atrox arms. Sometimes I think about them late at night, wondering what they're doing right now, wondering if they're thinking about me too. Maybe one day the world will be accepting enough of our transgender/species relationship, but until then, I can only love my big burly atroxes from afar...

er, just kidding.

maybe.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Sexual harrasment, or harrasment of any kind is just plain unacceptable. Since my 1st char was a guy, i tended to miss out on a lot of the random harrasment that female players get when i started my female MA.

I have run into it a few times though. Sometimes it was blatant and rude from someone I had never met before. In this case, I screenshotted everything, petitioned with "disruption" or "harrrasment" immediately (they can check the logs to verify a screenie) and the arks were very prompt and friendly.

In cases where I knew the person and it went beyond a level of flirting that I was comfortable with, I usually send a tell with something stern stating that I won't accept that from them. (your flirting is going too far, please stop)

If by chance, they are in a guild, if they do not stop after you ask them to, contact their guild leader. If you do not get a reply that you are comfortable with, petition and put them on ignore. If they continue to harrass you with emotes etc. keep petitioning....they will get banned.

In the end though, if you make it clear that you do not accept harrasment in any way, it will stop. There is no need to run or hide when this happens. You have tools to fight back -- use them and people will learn that you are not one to take that kind of crap.

ARKs and FC need to be serious about this

Cz, I hope you plan a stronger response and train your ARKs well. The worse thing for a player to have happen is to petition this and get a /shrug response. Maybe because I am in the US but sexual harassment is a very serious issue.

I feel this is very serious because at least 2 female players in my guild have quit AO altogether over sexual harassment. They never let us now and we only found out afterwards. Who knows how many more that we didn't find out about.

/ignore will not help the player if someone keeps emoting into her private space. Players should not have to put up with those gestures.

I suggest a new petition category /petition harassment that brings an ARK immediately with chat and emote logging tools.

Having female players in the game is a joy. What male doesn't love the /_________ hugs Autocratt?
    Autocratt Atrox Bureaucrat 200
    Current PvP Armor Setup
    Seraphfirst Nanomage MP 175 Current Fire Reflect Armor Setup (67%)

Suggestions for Revising the Bureaucrat Profession
    1) Charming our own Droids
    2) A fear, and area snare as good as the enforcer's and fixer's
    3) New super short mez nanos and mez nano init changes for PvP
    4) The nuke changes
    5) Highly increased range on speech nanos

Bah! its not enough people can Ninja-Steal valuable Items...spam the vicinity chat with Anti-(inster side here) spam...bu now people are walking up and flirting...making sexual advances at a Female toon??

I agree with a early post..I neveer do that becasue for all I knwo..its a 6fttall 450lb Fat hairy Guy named Bubba....

(shudders)

In fact...more times than I can cout...whiel at a social gathering (gee I dont really goto parties Ive jumped in when some Ahole starts /backflip'ing over and over behind a chick toon..dispite him being told not to be several others.

How do I make them stop?? I put my thong on and tatoos and start makin passes at him. I compliment him on his Eyes...if he doenst stop..I compliment him on his Manly Physique. If he still keeps it up..I comploment him on the Size of his package (if hes a Trox I tell him that I dont really belive they have cabages...tis just a lie to make us smaller guys feel better).

Lastly if they persist..I give them a big smooch and ask them to come back to my Apt so I can show them my collection of "Nano-Powerd" toys.

You'd be surprised hwo fast they Run away....not to mention how much everyone Laughs at the fellow. Best way to deal with someone annoying?? Make Everyone aroudn them point at them and laugh. Noone Likes to be laughed at. Make THEM the butt of the joke.

Works lek a charm and cuts the groudn out from any annoying person...Sexual Harrasser or just Greifer. THe trick is to do it without being considered Harrassing yoruself.

/me POints to His Doctorate in Smart-Ass and Darkness Giving on his wall

I do have an opposite story to the one above.

That femail char don't play anymore.......She is clan and an Omni NT bought her a Yalm.

I was thinking.....hmm grey skin......nah, but thanks for the Yam!
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

LOL Metalynx! HAH! Yea, what's even worse is when Sandy and I are sitting together (we're married for those who don't know) is then guys still pester her... and hell, I can't physically get them to stop because I can't control their character, so it's even worse when there's nothin either of us can do about it, also the petitions take at least 10-15 minutes on a good day, with "harassment" as the issue, It's horrible, like... the power of making it stop is just out of your grasp, and by the time the ARK's show up, the guy's prolly had his kicks, and gotten off... and left. It's lame.

If you dress up in a bikini type sexy outfit you should expect to be harassed. Or are you just dressing that way to "look pretty"? If you're not a swinger, don't dress like one!

Otherwise wear some armor, and if you're still harassed, well then that's just pretty pathetic, and I'll agree with ya. Oh and for you petition people, can you ask the person to stop FIRST? Then if they ignore your request to stop, I hope your petition results in some kind of temporary ban at least. I just hate it when, for example, I was petitioned for naming my bot "T.I.M." in foreman, and getting petitioned about it. Like, why didn't they just ask me first? I would have renamed it.

Or geez, why not have some fun with it? If you're a guy playing a female, do a /me replies in a manvoice, "You're pretty cute too"
    I did that once, worked great, totally embrassed them too.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you dress up in a bikini type sexy outfit you should expect to be harassed. Or are you just dressing that way to "look pretty"? If you're not a swinger, don't dress like one!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i'm not aloud to dress up for my husband? I gotta keep wearing my armor that i've seen on me for months? no I don't think so, I think I get the right to wear what I want, I know it would increase my chances of being harassed. But if I can petition about it now I have nothing to worry about. Plus I always always always ask them to stop first....
    219 Crat (Getting there)
    200 Sold
    186 Ma
    90+ Keeper / Engi

It's constant no matter what she's wearing, and 100% yes.. 100 of the time she's wearing armor in Tir when it happens.

Glad you tell them to stop first. If they keep it up after thats just rude. Damn kids.

Originally posted by Ratty
    Er? The old "she was asking for it defense?" Putting the victim on trial here?

No that is not how things work. You do not get the privilege of harassing anyone because of how they dress. Being butt naked in a crowd, or if she's drunk, or passed out, does not allow you to harass/**** a woman.

I hope no woman ever gets a reply like that from an ARK.

The boys need to learn to act like men. The men need to teach the boys.
    Last edited by Autocrat/Seraph; Jan 4th, 2003 at 08:59:47.
    Current PvP Armor Setup

4) The nuke changes

Originally posted by Ratty
    Glad you tell them to stop first. If they keep it up after thats just rude.
    So what do you call what they did before she asked them to stop? In the US, that's called a crime. Online game or no, in most states their actions meet the definition of culpable sexual harassment.

Sorry, but sexual harassment is and should always be treated with the utmost seriousness.
    Current PvP Armor Setup

4) The nuke changes

OT application form

OT players *seem* to be much better about this sort of thing from what i've seen.

Needs to be higher priority on the petition queue definitely. Perhaps a little extra ARK training is in order.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

gotta be a clan problem noone ever taunted me ... err once a guy stalked me but he actually stopped as soon as i told him to go get laid; try that maybe itll help ?
    Infamine 200 soljah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast