Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sexual Harassment

Unhappy Sexual Harassment

Can Sexual Harassment be petitioned about?

This is a searous matter for me, I can't sit alone for 5mins without some male comeing and siting with me giving me /tells of what I don't want to hear about and what he is "trying" to do to me, this is almost a dayly problem to me.

I try to ignore it but it goes to far when they start do /me messages of them touching me there and ect ect infront of friends..

There are some that will go away when asked, but there is always that one person who does not...

I got told by one of them that I take this game too serrious when I start yelling at them for doing what they were doing in my lap... so? that does not give them the right to go and sit with me and do what they feel like to me.

All I want to know is, can this be petitioned/warned/ban about?
    I'm sure there are many other females that have the same problem as me..
    219 Crat (Getting there)
    200 Sold
    186 Ma
    90+ Keeper / Engi

Yes, I'm sure it can count as general harrasment, just as though anyone kept bothering you about something or another. Or think of it as if someone is making you irritated or uncomfortable, it can be petitioned.
    ~Q~
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

I believe sexual harrassment is a bannable offense. Yes, petition it.

Wink

lol - this even happens to my ugly nano doc

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../name/eromedic

as a RL man i find it slighly annoying too (even if it is basically innocent and just silly) and have left teams because of this, but only if it is very explicit AND the same person is unable to listen to team chat in missions

easy for me to say - i dont play AO and only read the boards these days anyway...

Angry

Originally posted by Endofline
    lol - this even happens to my ugly nano doc

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../name/eromedic

as a RL man i find it slighly annoying too (even if it is basically innocent and just silly) and have left teams because of this, but only if it is very explicit AND the same person is unable to listen to team chat in missions

easy for me to say - i dont play AO and only read the boards these days anyway...

That picture will haunt me for the rest of the day

yes

you can petition it but the ark never gets there in time to witness it... and screenshots aren't "proof" because you can edit them blah blah..

i've found /ignore works best for me... and a /s go away freak perv (insert name here)

sure

If they're rude, /petition

Of course there's jerks here, they're everywhere....

*sigh*
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

This is why my main character is male, even though I am not.

It sucks when idiots do that to other people. Ao is a great game DONT let the bastards wear you down!!!
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

I find the Ignore command useful from time to time and...since I am an Agent I can turn on sneak. After a minute or three they usually move along thinking I'm long gone. I very rarely bother petitioning although I have on 2 occaisons.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Yes, you are free to petition any kind of harassment, and I hope you will do so. Harassment is not allowed in Anarchy Online, and we take steps to stop it when it is brought to our attention.

Oh I do ignore, but other people still see him/it doing what they are doing to me if he starts with the /me messages, I don't want other people to see him/it doing whatever to me.. during this time i usally run or sneak or log.. but I don't want to go through that just to get away from it..
    219 Crat (Getting there)
    200 Sold
    186 Ma
    90+ Keeper / Engi

Maybe FC should put sex-doll NPCs into the bars, where people can get their drive off. The lap dance service could cost some moeny, blah blah blah use your imagination.

I love this post.....

I posted a message just like this, but being a male and it being a female charecter, I was kinda blown off.

I used to crack me up when guys tried to pick me up. I mean here I am a 30+ year old man, RPing a female charecter and getting tells and /me's all the time. I pretty much stopped playing her cause it kinda creeped me out.

Once you get a /me is rubbing your nipples.....it kinda takes the fun away.

I just have to say that if you are so sexually pent up that you need to hit on a avatar.....you need to find a real life.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

roflmao @ the geeks

just tell em "get a life, silly n00b" or "***** pleaze, im way too fine for you little man"

Originally posted by DNG
    roflmao @ the geeks

just tell em pleaze, im way too fine for you little man"
    lmao

Originally posted by Hemicrusher<br>Lost Chapter
    I used to crack me up when guys tried to pick me up.
    Hehe, yeah, that's always hilarious for me when I'm playing one of my alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Heh poor guy...

One of the benefits of beeing a rl female is that we got some experience with guys

It's just way easier to be very blunt here... But believe me we girls pick up a lot of "tricks" and lines when we're fighting of drunk guys in bars...

For a guy not used to this at all... Hehe... I can only imagiane
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

Nerf sexual harassment.

And someone had my face up there!

Re: Heh poor guy...

Originally posted by Poetica

But believe me we girls pick up a lot of "tricks" and lines when we're fighting of drunk guys in bars...

If it werent for you pesky medling kids I would have gotten away with it to!!! she was going to go home with me!!!!!

/me sighs
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast