Thread: Auto-Opacify the Chat Board

Angry Auto-Opacify the Chat Board

Dear Cz or Cosmik,

Please, It's very simple. Go to the developper's team, just pull on the ear of the chief of coders and tell him to modify the code, so the transparency of the chat area will be opacified when the background is too bright.

Easy. Like the inventory trick.

-EDIT-

In the Foreman Dungeon in the Longuest Road Omni Base.
    Have you played in the Lab Room ? Even without any light amplifier, have you ever try to read the chat ? LoL
    Last edited by Docgalaad; Feb 7th, 2002 at 00:14:36.

I really hope someone official sees this. This is an awesome idea.

PLEASE implement this!!

Lightbulb Hmm even simpler...

Why not just use outline fonts? That way you dont have to change anything if you zone from day to night. Then we can see them anywhere!

Ohh the blonde thought that up! RUN!
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

yah sometimes when im in a room with a real bright floor. (you know the ones in the missions thatkinda look like class rooms) its kinda hard to see the battle spam, and although it is odd, I do like looking at the battle spam.

Make the chat board auto opacify

hehe

How about those white laboratories in missions? Oh wait thats the Low Light scope doing that...Oh well, if you want to talk about it, lets all face the wall, *giggle*...

I dont really like the opaque idea as such, because many people leave chat "fade" turned on, and I can see a problem there for those people, since they have no backdrop at all. I leave the chat window open, and personally, not being able to see thru it would be irritating. But since others seem to want it, maybe make it an option?

I still think outline fonts would be easier, and that would work whether you have the window off or on. If we can select what text is what colour it will help a bit I suppose.

*HATES BATTLE SPAM* (unless I get some new toy)

/whispers hates guard spam even more...
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Talking low light scope blues

i use a light scope with my vector and with the screen already bright in some areas its hard to see the chat or even see peoples names when you tab through them.

Fixing this problem would save alot of peoples eye!

In the land of the Blind, the one without the lightscope is king.

seeing any names while tabbing through is impossible in the day time... i have to rotate the camera angle or find a tree to get a little contrast so i can see what it is im about to shoot at. I believe there should be an option for said chat changes AND for the target bar.
    I feel i should be the one getting payed to play this game...

Post Just to raise the thread... sorry...

* BUMP * for the 80% opacified chat box, an ON/OFF option in Visual Menu.