Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Nerf' - Change Enforcers Part 2

And the GAMKIV fixer comes out to talk about skill!

~Chris

enforcers are gimp!
    Last edited by Insida; Jan 3rd, 2003 at 19:53:45.

Originally posted by Megabio
    And the GAMKIV fixer comes out to talk about skill!

~Chris
    Yeah what about it?

Am I disqualified from having an opinion because I'm blue?

Discrimination 10,000 years after the fall of seperated countries on a now worthless rock named Earth...

You truely are the weakest link :P
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Oh I bet this is gonna change into another anti GA fixer thread again...

Originally posted by Sethil
    beating EQB enforcer is really easy.

You must be:
    Soldier
    lvl 190+
    Owner of an Augmented Hellfury
    Owner of a ql190+ Physics bracer (Chemical reflect 7%)
    and at least 8k HP

There are other professions who can beat EQB enforcers in duels, if they play their character right. But I wont tell you... find it out
    Don't confuse them and bring skill into the conversation. That would be unheard of.

Remember, ALL pvp duels on Rubi-Ka take place, head to head and face to face. Nobody is allowed to use tactics or skill, you can only simply stand there and take hits while giving them out. NT's may use their nukes as well. Other than that, it has to be a direct face to face conflict of drones who fight eachother in a math based script system.

Give me a break...
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Originally posted by Megabio

rofl that's the queenblade's baby?

More like the queenblade's not-yet-born-baby. That's nothing compared to the QB, much less EQB.

~Chris

I called it that because its almsot just like a smaller version.
    I get 3.5 non crits, its just as 'slow'. Ofcourse its NOTHING compared too the queen blade, you fool. Honeslty what are you thinking?

Duh

Re: Re: 'Nerf' - Change Enforcers Part 2

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK

skill

The answer to your question is skill
    Yeah skill, or hide behind Grid Armor.

::rolls eyes::

Anyway, for any NT's reading this thread I'm sure they agree with one thing. Either our NR has to be lowered dramatically or the huge NR buff on rage needs to be taken away. Kind of ****ty that I can't land one single nuke on a raging enforcer with almost 1200 MC.

Re: Re: 'Nerf' - Change Enforcers Part 2

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK

skill

The answer to your question is skill

Argulace is correct.

If you cant kill a enf with a QB, whats stops them from killing you with a Beam, or staffs, those alphas can still hurt.

BUT THEY STILL..have the same essence, the same mongo, the same rage.

If you cant root a 200 enf who doesnt use a eqb/pr and some of the old weapons which still are deadly then wtf.

You have to keep away from enforcers, no matter WHAT ****ing weapon they use.

Ive seen NTs fight enfs than just STAND there hoping to kill him before he does.

STAND? MY room mate can own enfs so badly, he keeps at range, he runs around, blinding and rooting, taking down nano skills so another rage cannot be casted.

So what if it does so much damage.
    Ive been taken to the (finish him!) stage of death from a soldiers alpha, do I want that nerfed? No they are fighters.

You stupid engineers go back to icc and build stuff, your not made for fighting.

Yes this is ignorant ,but its true, dont like it? Make an enf as everyone did a trader when they where considered THE BEST.

Quit your whining.

All those who say NR on rage is too power send me a tell, I want to test.

So far its been going my way, not uber.

/tell riokou.

So far nanobotz + heimdal debuffs 100% landing.
    We gotta try.

Yes, let's all be patch-jumpers! Woohoo!

I'm so sure nobody would cancel their account rather than chase uberness by hopping professions every other patch.

Oh wait... how many MAs have canceled since the crit nerf?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: Re: Re: 'Nerf' - Change Enforcers Part 2

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Yeah skill, or hide behind Grid Armor.

::rolls eyes::

Anyway, for any NT's reading this thread I'm sure they agree with one thing. Either our NR has to be lowered dramatically or the huge NR buff on rage needs to be taken away. Kind of ****ty that I can't land one single nuke on a raging enforcer with almost 1200 MC.
    What a cop out.

HEY FOLKS CHECK IT OUT, THE GREAT PIERCINGEVIL HAS DESIGNED A NEW NT NANO

Nano Crystal (Gimp Enforcer)

Nano Cost: 10

Required to use
    Nano Technician

200 MC
    200 MM

Atk: 1.0
    Recharge: 1.0

AOE Effect: Enforcer
    Range 40 Meters

Add all off %def 500
    Damage over time 900 (every 2 seconds) Dur 60s
    Cancels Rage
    Cancels all 50 NCU or lower buffs
    -900 ALL Inits

Thats piercingevil's idea of balance. "Make me uber, to hell with every one else"

pfft!
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Skill?!?! How can you have "skill" in a game like this, mmorpg's have always been about numbers.

To me, skill is when i knife some one on counter-strike, or take out that BFG guy with the gauntlet on quake...

If this game was structured like a FPS, where it was physically possible to dodge melee attacks, not being able to dodge based on some numbers, i would agree that skill is needed.. but in the games current state. Stats > Skill

a good doc has 100% chance to beat good eqb enforser.

All my fights with EQB enforsers and there were many were ended me with 4k+ nano pool (i have 8k nano pool and 9k HP) they are at reclaim or i had to stop fight becasue they low.

The only fight was realy close was with pega when he almoust got me with dimach but thats all.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Georg
    Docs can beat an eqb enf in duels if setupped correctly. (and a little bit of luck). Soldiers properly setupped can, traders can, perhaps a few other classes. Anyway, a new weapon requires new strategies. And I don't think a nerf is in order. (There are also professions who can easily match, if not outdamage an eqb enf, Nt's for example).

However,

You are an utter moron.

Find me the quote of FC EXPLICITLY saying Doctors should be healing and healing only, not wearing a weapon, not able to solo. Basicly make notum wars, and pvp , and their value for their guild, totally useless ? Go troll somewhere else.

U got eyes dont u? I didnt say that Doctors shouldnt wear weapons and only be able to heal!
    I said that that FC didn't plan for docs to PvP, Doctor is a helping proff, not the best solo proff(or at least shud be). A lvl 130 doctor can beat my lvl 155 soldier, is that how its suppose to be? He just debuff my inits and im ****ed!

And FC didnt say that doctor was ONLY made to heal and only heal, what kind of a dumbass are u? do u acctualy belive that they would think that? ffs get brains, Doctor is NOT suppose to be one of the best at PVP, PVP, PVP PVP, PVP, PVP PVP, PVP, PVP, got it?

Go troll somewhere else... *buffs your ass with sense*
    RK1 Novice Simply "Bladeblood" Thebest - 220 TL 7 Clan Keeper Savior, Alien level 16
    RK1 Apprentice Superman "Mrsteel" Dejavu - 217
    TL 7 Clan Enforcer God Father, Alien level 14
    RK1 Novice Kex "Interguy" Choklad - 216 - TL 7 Clan Soldier Field Marshal, Alien level 13
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Veteran Points: 36.
    Waiting for Age of Conan.
    Rest in Peace Beardedone, you will be missed.

Originally posted by Ed the gamer

U got eyes dont u? I didnt say that Doctors shouldnt wear weapons and only be able to heal!
    I said that that FC didn't plan for docs to PvP, Doctor is a helping proff, not the best solo proff(or at least shud be). A lvl 130 doctor can beat my lvl 155 soldier, is that how its suppose to be? He just debuff my inits and im ****ed!

And FC didnt say that doctor was ONLY made to heal and only heal, what kind of a dumbass are u? do u acctualy belive that they would think that? ffs get brains, Doctor is NOT suppose to be one of the best at PVP, PVP, PVP PVP, PVP, PVP PVP, PVP, PVP, got it?

Go troll somewhere else... *buffs your ass with sense*
    Funcom planned for everyone to PvP. PvP is part of the game, especially now that tower wars is out. Every profession has its place on a mass battlefield. Get a mitt, and catch a clue. You've managed to make yourself look even dumber than Funcom's customer service team, and that's not exactly something to put on one's resume.

Duelling is a construct of players, and it's a cancer in the minds and hearts of people who think that they have a god-given right to be the uberest of uber based on the one word that is their profession's name. You lose to doctors in duels? I bet you lose to traders too. Some professions are better for duelling than others, that's not exactly news. Some are even really, really bad for duelling. Hardly news there either.

You get beat in duels by a good duelling profession that you don't play, know very little about, and pre-judge based on its one-word name. Now here - take this quarter, and call someone who's stupid enough to care.

PS - I wonder how many of these 'nerf doctor' morons would shut up if we changed the name from 'doctor' to 'combat medic' or 'bio-technician.'

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Funcom
    If you people havn't got it, doctor is not suppose to be extremly good at pvp as they are atm.

We have not figured out a good nerf for this, so we have decided to give the other proffesions small treats
    Yaaah... like... nerfing crits so docs is more impossible to kill... yaa....

(THIS IS FAKE... Erhm not fake... err...)
    Last edited by Intah!; Jan 3rd, 2003 at 22:55:57.
    RK1 Novice Simply "Bladeblood" Thebest - 220 TL 7 Clan Keeper Savior, Alien level 16
    RK1 Novice Kex "Interguy" Choklad - 216 - TL 7 Clan Soldier Field Marshal, Alien level 13

Yes, but not to be BEST, fighting a doc = death, u can't kill them unless u got a lucky alpha...

I didn't mean that doctor isnt suppose to pvp at all, i mean that they arn't supposed to be best at pvp, they are doctor, build to help, not to kill better than any other proff...

My brother got 1,2k inits... a doctor come and he got -1,2k inits... Is that sane?
    Last edited by Intah!; Jan 3rd, 2003 at 23:03:17.

If you look at the pictures at char creation room, u see a medic help a guy, not killing a lvl 200 EQB enf with Grand Master title...

If you think of it... just as a reality... lets send some medics out on the field in WW2 than soldiers... lol.

Nah, i dont think doctor shud be as uber as they are now... crit nerf and all... at least b4 ppl had a chance to kill them without lucky alpha...

Originally posted by Jynne
    Funcom planned for everyone to PvP. PvP is part of the game, especially now that tower wars is out. Every profession has its place on a mass battlefield. Get a mitt, and catch a clue. You've managed to make yourself look even dumber than Funcom's customer service team, and that's not exactly something to put on one's resume.

Duelling is a construct of players, and it's a cancer in the minds and hearts of people who think that they have a god-given right to be the uberest of uber based on the one word that is their profession's name. You lose to doctors in duels? I bet you lose to traders too. Some professions are better for duelling than others, that's not exactly news. Some are even really, really bad for duelling. Hardly news there either.

You get beat in duels by a good duelling profession that you don't play, know very little about, and pre-judge based on its one-word name. Now here - take this quarter, and call someone who's stupid enough to care.

PS - I wonder how many of these 'nerf doctor' morons would shut up if we changed the name from 'doctor' to 'combat medic' or 'bio-technician.'
    Yes, and STILL, i say that doctor shudnt be MEGA uber as they are, i just wrote that i didnt mean they shouldnt pvp and shouldnt wear weapons! wtf u yacking about, just read read read, i repeated it!

Originally posted by Ed the gamer

Yes, and STILL, i say that doctor shudnt be MEGA uber as they are, i just wrote that i didnt mean they shouldnt pvp and shouldnt wear weapons! wtf u yacking about, just read read read, i repeated it!
    Doctors aren't mega uber. Especially not for damage-dealing. Try playing one; I know I do just about the least or second-least amount of damage of everyone I commonly group with.

At level 175, with a setup oriented towards tower pvp, I've gotten "credit" (loot rights) for exactly one player kill in a mass battle. Ever. That counts both Camelot and tower battles.

So please, tell Funcom how uber my damage is supposed to be, I could certainly use some uberification there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast