Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solving all problem regarding Tara

Solving all problem regarding Tara

This isn´t originally my idea (dont remember who made this idea up) but this is such a great idea that i beleive it would solve all this camping from uberguilds and give everyone a fair chance of getting the taraloot.

Set All taraloot as NoDrop, except the tradeskill items such as dragonskin.
    that would do the following:
    - since no one can sell the loot for huge amount of money they wont bother to go there and other will have their chance to get the items.
    - the camping would stop thus the lagg would be minimal in the area.
    - Everyone would get a fair chance to get the items, some of the items which isn´t uber but tara is the only one dropping it thus selling for far too much, ie adv-cloak and adv ring.
    - Other peeps will be able to take on the pvp which occurs there and there would be a little variety as well.

Regards.
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

And ninjalooting with lowbie alts would be at a daily occurance.. w00t..

~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    And ninjalooting with lowbie alts would be at a daily occurance.. w00t..

~Chris
    Thats a good thing, u know. That will still make it fairer, so other can get that taraloot as well. And to make it even fairer set a lowest level to enter the dungeon.

Now most of those who can (read is allowed to) loot tara, gives the loot to their alts. After they have given all of their alts the items needed they can sell it for far too much money.

Therefor the NoDrop system on taraloot would be good...
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

yeah ninjalooting with lowbie alts on a good idea... this is for rk2 right? sure yeah its a good idea then
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Originally posted by Wal
    yeah ninjalooting with lowbie alts on a good idea... this is for rk2 right? sure yeah its a good idea then
    If u did not bother to read the whole post, why did u bother to post a reply?

Originally posted by Mrevil
    And to make it even fairer set a lowest level to enter the dungeon.
    If the levelrestriction would be set to let say 130-150 then they could just dream to get in with their lowlevel twinked alts. AND still solve the problem so everyone (within the range of levels) actually [i] CAN[/] get the items they want from tara.

Regards.
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

NoDrop Loot sucks.

Example.

I have a low lvl under 150 MA. I have a padded overcoat on him.

How would that be possible if.

a.) The coat were nodrop.

b.) he is not high enough to get into the raffle system and couldny win it on his own.

OR would I just have to deal with it under your system?

LEave tara as it is.

NoDrop is the suck
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Turin
    NoDrop Loot sucks.

Example.

I have a low lvl under 150 MA. I have a padded overcoat on him.

How would that be possible if.

a.) The coat were nodrop.

b.) he is not high enough to get into the raffle system and couldny win it on his own.

OR would I just have to deal with it under your system?

Yes, u would have to deal with it. As it is now, tons of players have to deal with the fact that they can´t get the items they want. So really if u want the padded overcoat for your MA-alt then you have to rally yourself a group of players and get it with that character.

And on the notes of your questions:
    a.) It would not be possible thus forcing yout alt to actually try to get it by your self.
    b.) Perhaps that "raffle" system would go away when those creating that flawed system doesn´t have anything more to do there since they cant sell the loot nor give it to their alts.

So i beleive that this would be Most fair for everybody...

Regards.
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

Tarasque should be left alone, new mobs should come out.

T loot shouldnt be no-drop, because i like the idea of being able to give lower level chars items that i have.

Now, you could also make a new system; modify the SOL Banking Corporation to allow items to be transfered thoughout accounts, including No-Drop items, such as, my enforcer gets his albrecht tank armor on, pops his HPO in the bank, logs onto my trader, and takes the loot, this is using the example of a No-Drop HPO.

If T loot was made No-Drop, at least allow us to trade no-drop items to ourselves.

Re: Solving all problem regarding Tara

This isn´t originally my idea (dont remember who made this idea up) but this is such a great idea that i beleive it would solve all this camping from uberguilds and give everyone a fair chance of getting the taraloot.

Set All taraloot as NoDrop, except the tradeskill items such as dragonskin.
    that would do the following:
    - since no one can sell the loot for huge amount of money they wont bother to go there and other will have their chance to get the items.
    - the camping would stop thus the lagg would be minimal in the area.
    - Everyone would get a fair chance to get the items, some of the items which isn´t uber but tara is the only one dropping it thus selling for far too much, ie adv-cloak and adv ring.
    - Other peeps will be able to take on the pvp which occurs there and there would be a little variety as well.

Regards.
    Yeah...1 lil problem...

90% of the high level people go there to get a GPH...which btw is nodrop...if everything was nodrop...they would have to camp even more...

So, just because someone is selling something u can't afford...well...it's just not a good idea.

b.) Perhaps that "raffle" system would go away when those creating that flawed system doesn´t have anything more to do there since they cant sell the loot nor give it to their alts.
    Really....instead of a fairly organized raffling system where everyone who meets the level requirement participates in the battle for an equal chance at the loot... you want a free-for-all chaos.

Great, not only do you have to deal with the awful lag in Camelot now, but as well have to deal with guilds (on the same faction) squabbling and trying to kill-steal the dragon.

While before, where you had an actual chance at getting loot, now you won't get any unless you're in a uber guild who has the best kill team and is able to get the most number of members into the Camelot playfield.

So i beleive that this would be Most fair for everybody...
    I really don't think you thought this through.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

Re: Re: Solving all problem regarding Tara

Originally posted by Gold

Yeah...1 lil problem...

90% of the high level people go there to get a GPH...which btw is nodrop...if everything was nodrop...they would have to camp even more...
    Well, sooner or later those peeps gets the items thus they have no need for the same NoDrop items. In the long run that will be the solution - of course in a short run it may seem a little chaotic.

So, just because someone is selling something u can't afford...well...it's just not a good idea.
    Its not that i cant afford it, its just that its insane prizing and everyone do NOT get the chance of fighting tara, which i beleive is so frigging wrong!

Originally posted by Sparkyd

Really....instead of a fairly organized raffling system where everyone who meets the level requirement participates in the battle for an equal chance at the loot... you want a free-for-all chaos.
    It won´t be chaotic in the long run - think bigger and farther.

Great, not only do you have to deal with the awful lag in Camelot now, but as well have to deal with guilds (on the same faction) squabbling and trying to kill-steal the dragon.
    Why would there be so much kill-steal? everyone Will get their chance on tara loot.

While before, where you had an actual chance at getting loot, now you won't get any unless you're in a uber guild who has the best kill team and is able to get the most number of members into the Camelot playfield.
    As it is now - there is no chance of getting the loot unless you are real good pal with the tarabot-runner or the similar dude on omniside futhermore the control which they have are not something that is good for AO in my opinion.

Try to see the good impact it will have on game in the long run.

Regards.
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

Im trying to see the good long term implications... and I just dont see them.

The chaos would never go away. Cause most people will also have alts, who will then need to come back and get it. So they will login the big bad high lvls, kill the dragon, then let the alt login and get it. On top of that, you would have all the orgs down there going after tara at once.

Storm
    Clan Anarchist Syndicate
    Synergy Factor ( the best of them )
    Lost Chapter

To name a few. Do you REALLY want to have to compete against those orgs for loot? Cause they wouldnt go away.

As for your remark about the having to be friends with the person who wrote tarabot to be able to win.

That is total 100% BullSh*t. I won. Others I know won. And we were not at the time friends of the person who ran the bot, or wrote the bot.

The admins are form all differant orgs. EVERY org can have an admin if they would like I think is the general rule. IF the rolls were fixed, do you REAllY think that all the differant orgs would have kept it quiet all this time? There are to many admins for that to happen.

So its not like one org or person has control over it. The combined Clans who subscribe to a combined effort have control of it. Not just one person or one org. This is GOOD for AO. not bad.

and good for the clans. Under the old "Chaos system" that you propose, Omni did far better than they do today. We pretty much shut omni out anymore. Some of that has to do with playfeild location. Mostly though, we are just better organized.

And yes, everyone gets a chance to fight tara if they wannt. As long as they get to lvl 150+. If I had my way. I would rather sit in box room, waiting for omni ( who dont usually show ) than sit in the room with tara and spam heals all the time ( being a doc, I get on Kill Teams more often than others I think ) So your remark that not everyone can, is false.

If you dont think everyone would try and Kill Steal under your system, you havent played this game long enough, and you have not camped enough mobs yet to know what you say.

I see NO good long term impact on the system you want and propse. Only poor. chaos and grief.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

lol, I hadn't checked the guy b4...

he's from rk2

Maybe it's just as simple as that things work different there...

Trust me dude, for rk1..your idea is a bad one.

by turin
    The chaos would never go away. Cause most people will also have alts, who will then need to come back and get it. So they will login the big bad high lvls, kill the dragon, then let the alt login and get it.

Did you not read my secon post? oh well.. i take it again - SET a minimum level requirement on entering tara.

About the orgs - i beleive they would go away.

About the tarabot-thingie.. Glad u won..
    But still i have heard that there are complaints about how it is ran.

About how long i have played:
    As it sounds on you, i have prolly not played as long as you - however i have played long enough to build up this standing.

Regards.
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

Did you not read my secon post? oh well.. i take it again - SET a minimum level requirement on entering tara.
    [/b]
    Let me be equally pragmatic. Minimum level is still useless. I could be a level 200 character, with a level 175 alt. How does the minimum level requirement help in this situation?

About the orgs - i beleive they would go away.
    This is a pipe dream.

If you really think that people would just stop kill-stealing the dragon, you are sadly mistaken. The only chance of that occuring would be a huge loss of players from this game. I'm talking monstrous number of leaving.

But then, what's the point of the uber loot now when there's no-one left to show it off to?

Just think; Tarasque spawns 4 times every 18 hours. So, every year, he only dies (on average) about 2000 times. Let's say (since I really don't know the figure) there are at least a few thousand people still playing this game.

There are 6 pieces of dragon armour alone! Not to mention the other goods, and the fact that a single character would probably want 75% of the loot that Tarasque drops. On average he drops 2 - 3 items per kill, but I've seen him drop only 1 piece sometimes.

By your reasoning, it would take a couple of years before the huge orgs would be satisfied that their members had all of the T-loot they could want.

Meh, I'll be quiet now, I haven't had my coffee and my mind is numb.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

he must have read the Nemissis post first before posting here because on RK1 that wouldnt work , infact its just aboiut as stupid as the post i refered to. The only thing worth any real value is the dragon parts , so by making all the other parts except dragon NoDrop in the hopes that it would decrease the number of people and increase your chances of winning is utterly and totaly moranic . You might as well just erase your entire post and Replace it with :

Hi

Why is an rk2'er even posting about tarabot?

As far as I know, tarabot is rk1 only.

This person obviously have no clue how it is on a server that people actually play on.

Dude, you play on a server where all people 150+ look like they were in Storm (aka full dragon armor and hpo)! All 25 of the them!

I heard they removed most of the zones on rk2, and stripped it down to Home, Tir, OT-Trade, Avalon, EFP and SFH. That way FC could afford real servers for the only zones used, so that ALL 62 players on rk2 could be in the same zone at the same time without it crashing. (I only wish rk1 would work the same way...62 people in the same spot without a zonecrash...that would be totally massive...multiplayer...online...game...but it's just a dream...)

Originally posted by Brutal Truuth
    he must have read the Nemissis post first before posting here because on RK1 that wouldnt work , infact its just aboiut as stupid as the post i refered to.
    So why would that not work in rk1? I have seen ya´ll say that and not a single one have stated a reason to that. In my mind stating something without a valid fact is as stupid as you say that i and "Nemissis" is.
    The only thing worth any real value is the dragon parts , so by making all the other parts except dragon NoDrop in the hopes that it would decrease the number of people and increase your chances of winning is utterly and totaly moranic .
    So only dragon parts is worth anything??? Think again please, most of the tara-items sells for far more than they are worth. Once again you show yourself as someone real ignorant.
    Its not about increasing my chances, its about letting everyone have a fair chance of getting any loot at all. So sooner or later there are no more reason for those campin tara to be there if everything is NoDrop - Heck, let the dragonskin be found somewhere else, or let someone sell the skin somewhere (like the enf-weapons)
    You might as well just erase your entire post and Replace it with :

Hi
    Why should i? You are the one that seemingly lack any content in your post - obviously not the first time for you.

Regards.
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

Evil, you're an idiot.

RK-2 tarabot (clannet), when I was clan, was run fairly as a lottery. I'm told that it's got some issues now that its been converted to a points system, but I'm not involved anymore, what with being omni and all.

Clannet, Tarabot, etc., are actually the *best* way to let low level characters in on Tara loot. I wound up with 2 pieces, in the span of time I was both clan and allowed to participate (level-wise). I wasn't part of one of the super-guilds.

If loot was no-drop, then it would be damage-teams and ninja-looting ruling the day, and rest assured that NO lowbie would ever get even a remote chance at Tara loot.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Evil, you're an idiot.
    Hmmm, so its time to be rude your piece of s**t???
    RK-2 tarabot (clannet), when I was clan, was run fairly as a lottery. I'm told that it's got some issues now that its been converted to a points system, but I'm not involved anymore, what with being omni and all.
    Grats on being omni.
    Clannet, Tarabot, etc., are actually the *best* way to let low level characters in on Tara loot. I wound up with 2 pieces, in the span of time I was both clan and allowed to participate (level-wise). I wasn't part of one of the super-guilds.
    How can that be the best way?
    If loot was no-drop, then it would be damage-teams and ninja-looting ruling the day, and rest assured that NO lowbie would ever get even a remote chance at Tara loot.
    *sighs* IF it was NoDrop, why would those who allready have the items even bother to go there anymore??? I dont see why they would.

Regards.

p.s.
    please refrain from being rude, try to be constructive - somehow it seems that most of you who spend much time in this taraforum are indeed rude and imature.
    d.s.
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast