Thread: Teaming in Anarchy Online dead?

Question Teaming in Anarchy Online dead?

Notice lately that all my twinks lv 10-80 having hardest time even finding people grouping at all. I even sometimes wonder around with my lv 195 trying find team for great length time and find nothing.

People just sick of missions or something? Some new hunting ground dont know about?

I can't find hardly anyone online

I left for a few months and just came back. Am I playing during the wrong time period or on the wrong server or in the wrong place. Right now I am running a level 29 MA. Can someone give me a hint here.

Is there some new areas with the expansion pack?

Finding teams is easy for me, actually easier than ever atm. The only thing is, most of my groups are composed of guildmates and maybe a few pickups, so whenever my guildies are on, I have no prob.
    ~Q~
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

Not exactly an informative reply...Particularly when your guild only takes level 75 and up.

Anyone else?

As a 120ish clan adv, I have no trouble at all finding teams for missions. I only do pickup teams from Tir grid, as I'm not in a guild.
    I've found that it's much quicker and easier if you just take the initiative to form a team yourself, and not just standing around, shouting "LFG".
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Rimor is default for noobs at the moment. Might explain some of it.

actually it doesn't rimor/RK2 has been default for newbs since as long as i can remember. Which is a long time. Sometimes

Fewer people starting now?? people know how to twink their characters to get em through the first 50 levels fast? Even for a untwinked character you can get to 50+ in under 24 hours game time.

saying in lv 10-80 range my twinks wonder around for hour saying LFG never find group even going. Guessing more and more people just teaming with guildmates only?

I personally am burned out on missions. On the rare occasions that I get a team, it's like pulling teeth to keep me motivated. We really need more fun ways of gaining experience and levels in this game, yknow?

Outdoor camps to me are still a viable option. The bosses out there give *alot* more xp than mission bosses. My MA could solo about a level 210-217 snake boss and solo that would net me like 8-900,000 xp. In a team, it's something like 5-600k, but not too bad, considering the boss would spawn about every 10-15 minutes, drop all the regular boss loot and also some goodies you can't find in indoor missions. But more importantly, it's alot of fun. I would have a hoot spending all day filling up bags with outdoor nanos and surprising a friend with all his new nanos. I actually got so many of them that nobody I knew needed them anymore so I sold a bunch and made a bit of cash.

It can get to be lonely work though, so having a team out there would make things 200% better. If ever you're inclined to check it out, there's a snake camp in CAV right on the east border (almost directly east of a fixer grid exit too). Level 200 minion snakes. Each would go down solo in 6-9 seconds with my mas, depending on how many crits I got and each would give me 45-56,ooo xp per kill on a one minute spawn. That's alot of xp.

In a team though, you might want a bit more of a challenge. Directly north there's another snake camp with lvl 210ish boa rexes and two bosses, one level 135 and one level (eep) 175. It;s not to difficult to avoid the bosses if need be though. The snake AI is pretty predictable.

Well, hope that helps someone out that's looking to avoid the bore of missions Send me a tell if you ever have a slot open. MPs make pretty decent teammate outdoors!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Ok RK2 here and i think finding team is easy. Might be even easier then it used to be.

At the real low levels the subway is real good, and for omni i have found alot of ppl in trade at the statue in the middle. Often one lfg will do the trick. Unless i play early CET then it might be a problem. But its always been like that.

Even 8x8 and VB have had ppl when i have gone there.

Originally posted by Divinecross
    saying in lv 10-80 range my twinks wonder around for hour saying LFG never find group even going. Guessing more and more people just teaming with guildmates only?
    Shouting outside tir fair trade has worked for my twink for the first 90 or so lvls. Try both /s and the find team chat and youll probably find one. Quite hard at some times during the day though..

Originally posted by Ventura
    Not exactly an informative reply...Particularly when your guild only takes level 75 and up.

Anyone else?
    Eh...that's old. Ignore it.
    ~Q~
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

My new alt at lvl 34 is having a bit of a problem finding teams. But my 157 main does not. Tir FT used to have a ton of people forming teams, now it looks like a lot of people standing around picking their arse.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

ill be honest...im sick of missions

200 lvls as boci..
    144 as my MA..
    countless others on various alts..rerolled or not

i love outdoors, but finding a team for it is kinda tough sometimes :S
    The Sammich Master is Back!
    Boci - Retired Soldier
    Flashgordun - Smurf in Training
    Mussashi---Boci Reborn---Sword Saint
    xxxxxxxx Keeper Twink of Dewm

Im a n00b, Im playing a NT and have solo'd to lvl23. Ive teamed 3 times and every time it was set to where I couldnt loot my kills. The fact that people are so greedy they dont use alpha just makes me never want to team again. But IM always lookin for teams

My 2 cents

Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth:

At low levels solo-ing is a viable option. It's much easier to level and you can keep all the loot. Low level chars need money and they still get good XP.

I've also noticed there are certain "spots" where people gather when looking for groups to team. I used to hang out at SW mines to hunt when I was lvl 40-70, 20k for lvl 70-110, and Newland City for lvl 120+. I'm not sure how these "spots" came to be but someone returning to the game might want to know.

As AO evolved the incentives to hunt/team changed. When I first started there were no team missions so more people hunted outdoors. When the mission terminals were activated, suddenly hot hunting spots like Oasis were empty. More recently AO created additional outdoor mob bosses with unique loot so some of those are popular again.

I have a lvl 143 fixer. If anyone can suggest an outdoor spot I can solo I would love to hear about it. Sounds fun.

-Blaik