Thread: *poof* im gone

Unhappy *poof* im gone

I realized the other day a major flaw with AO NotumWars.
    There is no incentive for one to fight on the loosing side (Clan on rk1, OT on rk2,... and neutral everywhere).
    This is a wild guess, but I would say that in the area of lv150+ on Rimor, Clan outnumbers OT 3v2, perhaps more.
    Therefore it doesnt matter how well organized or how well thought out an OT attack is, clanners can win just about every time via raw numbers. And dont give me that croud control thing, we all know it doesnt work.
    Have you ever played tribes/counter strike/MOHAA/ any other on line fps? Then you know that its no fun when one team outnumbers the other 2v1. You will see people shouting "Teams!" and some players will switch to the side that is missing people. Some servers have auto-balance mods that do this automaticly. But AO has nothing of the sort.

Untill this get fixed, it is no more fun than playing a game of MOHAA where the teams are always locked at 20 vs 10.
    So, myself [bigstupid] and bettiepaige are going to go away for a while. Out accounts will be active till mid march. and we will probably be droping in from time to time. But unless there is some sort of change with AO, I dont see us sticking around.

My only regret is all the good people we are leaving behind.
    RK2
    BigStupid
    ChasyLane

Ah crud. I was thinking we hadn't seen your mug in a while.

Best wishes.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

I see some valid points in your post, 100101
    I think some thing must be done to add a bit of ****e to the battles.

A dynamic crowd limit ratio.
    Atackers/Defenceders ratio in crowd limit = to the ration of the total number of controllers each side has built but with a slight bias in favour of the defenders ( like currently the defenders have sligth advantage)
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

It only makes sense that the side with the greater number of people wins. It's one of the few things that are actually dynamic in AO. Maybe one day clanners will take over all of RK2... It isn't up to Funcom to decide who is going to win by messing up the CC system more then it already is. /shrug

~Chris

yes it sux, but what can FC do about it, they cant force ppls to join Omni.

its sad that its 2vs1 every battle but FC cant do anything about it
    w00p w00p!!

I said this would happen essentially from the XP bonus. The losing side will slowly dwindle as new characters who want to be 'powerful' simply are created on the 'winning' side. The big get bigger.

In real life there are mechanisms to balance things out in nature that don't exist in AO. Thus we end up with the 'super orgs' that can never be uprooted owing to the strong simply getting stronger.

And FunCom can do things to keep the balance both between the factions and between the friendly orgs and the super orgs. We'll just have to see if they have the balls to do it. It's just my opinion that it should actually be harder to keep up when you've bloated to a particular level rather than easier as it is now. But, we all know what opinions are like ...

hehe if crowd control forced ppl to go omni you would have a lot more ppl leaving the game than are now

Khaeler sleeves: deequipped

Clan Merits: double sun : dequipped

Clan Shoulderpads for the Veracious: dequiped

Account status : Deequiped lol

The XP Bonus giws us somthing to fight for and that is good if you aske me.

the problem is that ther is always more claners, ther is more high lvl activ pvping Claners then omnis (in tower wars that is, dont know how it is in duels).

FC cant force high lvl claners to join Omni becous we need more omnis
    w00p w00p!!

Originally posted by Windbane
    hehe if crowd control forced ppl to go omni you would have a lot more ppl leaving the game than are now

Khaeler sleeves: deequipped

Clan Merits: double sun : dequipped

Clan Shoulderpads for the Veracious: dequiped

Account status : Deequiped lol
    LOL !!
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent

There really are a few simple solutions, i can present one here and now.

Along with your side controlling a larger chunk of land your towers will go into lower suppresion for a longer time and the side that is having less land will have their time shortened.

No idea how that would work but it would be an option that wouldnt affect bonuses.

Good thinking there, Whites. Might work, might not. But, at least someone's looking at ways to introduce the semblance of normal real-world difficulties that larger masses have to overcome.

Having people pecking at your towers more often (perhaps 24 hours a day) for the largest orgs is not too far off from what you would expect to see naturally. Might not work. But at least it's a stab at things.

Look at the US and look at what percentage of their resources are put out just to keep the borders safe and maintain a prosperous economy and viable armed forces. Look at a company like Microsoft and see how hard they have to work just to keep all the competitors at bay.

That's not the case in AO. You get bigger, you get stronger, you are stronger so you get things easier, you then get stronger, this means you get bigger and get things easier. It never ends. There's no checks or balances to keep the game interesting other than the infrequent internal squabbling in a guild. If this were a session-based game like most FPS's, then I'd say 'fine' and accept that one side or one guild had 'won' and we could start over and explore the mechanics all over again. Just like Tribes or something. The problem is that this game is supposed to be a continuous struggle. Basically, as the original poster stated: it's over.

What if Towers were ALL destroyed every two weeks or once a month by a freak of Rubi'Ka's geology or the the bizzare notum flow? Would that be such a bad thing?