Thread: The Pvp rules are bull****

The Pvp rules are bull****

Thought I would go to Stret East Bank for some missions. Gridded in and watched my timer ticking off. With 3-5 seconds left I got rooted by some grey ass. Um, what is the damn point of the grace period?

I'm in my car, so as you know I cannot get out of it to defend myself. Just have to sit there and be attacked. Finally, broke the hold, but it was too late.

That was real gamemanship. I called the guy a "****er" because thats what all you grid campers are. It is not Pvp, but ambush the player in his car who is defenseless. I don't think this is what people had in mind for player combat.

My point, nothing has changed at all in regard to grid camping. Funcom has made it worse by altering the use of cars, making them deathtraps. The 15 seconds should be 30 or more. This really pisses me off. You want to fight me, lets go to the arena. You cowards are pathetic.

For those of you who will call me a whiner, please articulate why, otherwise stuff it.

Forgot to add this. When attacked in your car you cannot use first aid. If you have not be attacked, sure, no problem. You also can't activate any healing nanos either.

"light bulb" goes off.

As I described, people in cars are sitting ducks and easy prey for rooting ambushers. So since I cannot attack, I should be able to detonate my car, unleashing massive local damage. That would be great for everyone. The attacker would be blown up and everyone around would get to see a huge fireball. Now I can live with dying like that!

Originally posted by hobbes
    As I described, people in cars are sitting ducks and easy prey for rooting ambushers. So since I cannot attack, I should be able to detonate my car, unleashing massive local damage. That would be great for everyone. The attacker would be blown up and everyone around would get to see a huge fireball. Now I can live with dying like that!
    Sounds good to me, but there goes your car. Ok, cars are cheap -- but who's going to detonate their Yalmaha?

(I can see it now: Kamikaze engineer in his car with his Kamikaze robot).

Death is not permanent in Rubi-Ka, not even for cars. They are reassembled by nano-bots and are waiting for you at the reclaim terminal.

LOL

You could always zone into 2ho out of your car. There is no rule saying you have to zone in with your car equiped =/

this make me think on UO faction wars

standing around a portal with "kal vas flam" loaded with 3 or 4 other mages just waiting for someone to show his pretty but already doomed face

atleast he gained 0.1 in resist

"Thought I would go to Stret East Bank for some missions"

Drive there. Dont grid.

Lets put this way:

"Okay mum, I'll just go down to the local shop to get some milk and bread. Oh btw there's a violent hotspot in the middle filled with enemies that will kill me on sight. Be back in 5!"

What did you expect?

Mike,

You in no way address the problem. Your post has no point.

It has a lot of point. If you drive through a 25% zone, expect to be shot.
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

*sigh* The timer server side starts when you zone, that instant. However long it takes you to load is the difference between what you "see" as your grace, so learn to compensate. The grace is to allow people to load in, not make them invulnerable for any other reason, so if you saw your timer clicking you were zoned in.

It is a WELL known bug, and probably that is the reason that nobody has mentioned it.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

The point is you cant defend yourself.
    Make it so that you can insta unequip your car/yalm when you get attacked that would take care of the problem, but then your griefers couldnt score free kills anymore, now could ya?

Vandame

You should be able to go through the full 10 sec unequip time to deequip a vehicle to defend yourself.