Thread: What do you think bout the Towerfights so far?

Question What do you think bout the Towerfights so far?

How does the Typical Towerbattle for you work?
    I´m from RK3, the least populated dimension and the typical fight there goes much like this:

The attacking forces take their time to assemble, buff, organize and get to the spot. They attack and a few people get a message that their base is under attack (doesn´t seem to work everytime though). Now the other side struggles to organize the defense in as short a time as possible. In most cases lots of towers, if not all, have been destroyed before an adequate defense is up (in 5-10 minutes perhaps).

I´ve made the two suggestions on the german RK3 board to
    a) have a attack message send to everyone of the attacked org and
    b) put in a short delay before the base may actually be attacked after the warning is send out to give the defending side a chance to save their towers.

While kind of everyone agreed with me that something has to be done concerning the warning messages, they pointed out to me that, even though a good idea for RK3, a delay might not be wanted for RK1 and 2, because it doesn´t really pose a problem there due to the higher population.

Now back to my introducing question:
    How does it work for you?
    Would a delay really be a bad idea?
    And if it is, what other ideas do you have?
    The optimism of the action is better than the pesimism of thought
    - Greenpeace UK

Midnight - Edged Weapons wielding RK3 Opifex Enforcer
    Leloona - Ambitious RK2 Doc of the Omni-Pol Elite-Gimps

I agree a message should be sent to all the members of the attacked org, instead of just certain ranks.

I cant agree that a delay should be put in place for the attack, surprise atleast on RK1 and RK2 is very important, and can decide the outcome of many battles, specially since alot of these fights see upwards of 30+ people on each side sometimes many many more then that.

Jagdtyger (170 adv)
    Vampiira (150 tra)

*g* didnt expect any other answer concerning the delay of battles...
    Love "Powerfist" Lee setup
    Lil "Pogostick" Gimp equip

*bump*
    Malcom Silenzium Fecat, Clan Finalizer on DNW (RK3)

i die quick!

havnt had much positive luck with tower battles...
    An Orgs tower on RK2 (think was The lifters) was under attack by 1 clan enf and was getting desperate pleas from the org members who had to sit back, play a game of solitaire (as was too high to defend.....) and pray for some defense....feeling rahter sorry for them iwent along and ended up getting whooped, hitting scarily low dmg (well i am a Ma afterall) and finally about 10 other omni's turned up..what ensured was us 11 omni's chasing this guy around LF, not being able to catch him up (due to his fixer runspeed buffs), not being able to dmg him at all (due to mass twinked AC, prolly buffed too) and getting rather irrate lol....ive seen this a few times on Rk2...1 attacker with mass outside buffs mowing thru omnis several lvls higher, whilst getting healed by higher lvls...But then maybe its because i suck aswell

still... All the org members that are getting attacked SHOULD be told that their tower is under attack but dont have a delay as yeah the surprise thing is very important and well adds to the fun (and umm realism?!?!)

personally i think ANY lvl of the Org under attack should be able to defend their tower.....

Honestly?`

Boredom.

It happens as much as RP in the orgs that i am in. - Almost never.
    The land has been divided and now all seems static.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

What I've seen

Everytime my tower is attacked or our guild attacks a tower, I seem to recall seeing a msg on the org.towers channel. Maybe I'm just halucinating there though, I'm not high in rank, but I think its there.

Most of the actual battles seem to go like this, depending on the numbers.

High Numbers, Everybody is brave and fights to the death.

Low Numbers, Everybody is cowardly and fights, then runs to the nearest 75% zone when they get low in HP, they then re-buff and heal and go in again, this downtime is ussually pretty quick, but its a lame way to fight PvP. A problem arrises with this tactic...it becomes hard to defend, you can try to follow the person but once the gas kicks in again killing them becomes a lot harder. I like the idea of once a person engages in PvP in a "land controlled" area, then they stay PvP until they zone. Thus none of this gas hopping.

I'm also an advocate of the idea that once you engage in a tower attack and die during the attack, then you're unable to attack the tower group again for a period of time. This would get rid of the types that endlessly attack your tower until it goes back to 100% suppression and waste hours of your day while you try to defend it against them. HOWEVER this doesn't mean you can't attack the tower defenders after you die

In all of the tower battles I've participated in, there are three things that make it utterly painful:

-lag
    -rubberbanding
    -crowd control

When none of these show their ugly face (a rarity), I enjoy tower fights alot. Mass PvP is chaos and chaos is good.
    .: Naraya :.

depends

the low level pvp is not my cup of tea since it is totally dependant upon outside buffs and twinking,

the medium to high pvp is not my cup of tea because of the lag.

you have one of each depending upon the level range of people who can participate.

in both however you will have alot of exploiters who play with the team and attack range feature;
    expect every attacker not lagged or rooted will run once hit for more then 25% of their health.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

typical tower defense in my org:

1) single high lvl outside buffed enemy finds our towers in a 25% zone, and decides to rob us of some credits. lvl 160-200 chars soling my poor 150 towers, and either out of my pvp range or able to stomp my poor engi. So after incessant beggin on the OOC channel somebody logs on thier lvl 200 trader or fixer and chases him away, or all of the 150 towers are destroyed and he can do no more damage.

2) Enemy group begins clearing turrets around control tower, no warning on the tower.org channel because they haven't used a field nullifer on the control tower. Only the members who built the turret being attacked at the time get a message. Wich is doens't make much sense. So the enemy group clears all of the turets around the control tower and then decide to attack it, then a message goes out. I leave mission and team to go check it out. Tower is at 3/4 health when I get there. The 2 members who are on at the time that can pvp most of the attackers jump in and try to help but die quickly. Beg for help on OCC channel, get 3 or 4 who say they will come help. Tower now at 1/3 health. By time help arrives its too late.

First off whenever any tower, turret, or conductor is attacked it should start a notum war. Second turrets are way too weak. It should be nearly impossible to solo them, and impossible to solo them with any defender present. It should be easier to defend than to attack. As it is right now a semi organized attack will always succeed. Support towers are pathetic at defending a control tower, if not for the buffs they give thier owners they would not be worth building at all.