Thread: Rimors PvP Tourney

Exclamation Rimors PvP Tourney

As the title suggests, I'd like to propose a PvP tournament on Rimor (Rk2).

Why would I want to do such a thing, isn't the whole current PvP good enough? Well the only PvP i can recall at the moment is Camelot and Tower Fights.

Camelot is so laggy due to the intricate designs of the dungeon, the mass NPC's in the dungeon, the LOS(line of sight) problems in the dungeon, and the ratio of clanners to omni is always AT LEAST 5 to 1, usually . So in the current state omni hardly shows up to Camelot anymore.

Towers are laggy as well when lots of people are there, (not to my knowledge due the towers cause alot of lag themselves.) and dont forget the whole CC (crowd control) issue at the moment, getting warped while standing still is insane and causes lots of problems.

So why not a controlled PvP tournament....somewhat like how arenas work in FPS's. You get matched up vs a player and others watch. Or your team gets matched up vs another team while bystanders watch. But to get such a thing started....we need support for it and laid down rules.

I need input for:
    Level Brackets

Should outside buffs be allowed?

Should we have a website to keep track of peoples kills etc? (would need a webmaster to want to help with this, as i am not webpage friendly)

Time limit? Some fights...(think Doc vs Doc) could go on a long long long time. If we impose a time limit, should we just null the fight if it reaches said time limit. (comp heal just before the fight is over would ensure full health, plus HP bugs it is sometimes hard to discern who has more of a Bar left).

Should we have one day a week where we do a whole event of this or should we have the possibility to do it everyday and people just contact me who want to be up for a chance to fight on any given day (teams included).

Prizes for top killers after a said period of time...like a week or a month. (probably wouldnt incorporate initially, and would ask for donations for such a thing from anyone).

How to deal with griefers who may try to ruin our 'controlled' fun?

Should we have only a few people to watch each fight to reduce lag and if a good match people want to hear about, then they post their viewings at a given place.

How many people should watch over each fight in the pvp area to make sure no outside annoyances occur.

What areas would such fights take place? (2ho, mmd, arenas)

Should it only be omnis vs clans or have same side fights as well?

And I am sure there is much much much more you guys can think of to talk about then leaves thoughts and ideas here and ill make a new thread when i think i might have it sorted out. Obviously if this becomes popular there is no way i can run it by myself as for I am not always on nor am I able to keep up with such amount of tells etc. Please no flame.
    [IMGhttp://hb.gamingcenters.net/aa.jpg[/IMG]

Nice idea, would disagree with allowing outside buffs though, and wouldn't think fighting at tir arena be wise, (if omnis do got lower lvls pulling guards, and healing others etc)
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

gogogogogogogo

You have my complete support Army (which you know is so rare hehe) Maybe outside buffs allowed if prearranged so there is still an even match where players decide whether is self buffed match they are competing in or one where both parties are aware of what each has. Prizes would be a neat idea and personally would donate to anything that will liven up RK-2 a bit cause we are losing people fast especially omni, because of numbers we have hard time competing in towers and camalot but maybe a place where fighting the pure fight would renew our vigor Goodness know I love to die. Please give me a chance to atleast die when I or my opponant am not outnumbered, outlagged, or outbuffed.

/me offers prized thermos collection and 20 creds to winner of first battle

/me also hopes this will curtail Army's deviant behavior of underwear drawer raids

Great idea army I was thinking, as far as bracketing, maybe level reqs. Outside buffs should not be IMO,that way it is truly one player Vs another. I will try to keep track of this post if anything else comes to mind.
    God loves you, I think your an ***hole

I Saw This In A Cartoon Once, But I Am Pretty Sure I Can Pull It Off!?!?

There used to be a fighting league that was formed just after release. The main 2 problems we had back then were griefers and the fighters making to the fights. It was started on RK1, and after the 3 day of fights we got help from the ARKs on the griefers. You may want to ask them for help there. Having players do it tends to get messy.

How about we call it "Fight Club" and hold it at Mort Bar. Easy to get to for all alignments and small enough space to keep griefers down to a min. Only other place I can think about holding it would be in the new PvP dungeon. at the room where Gnuff is plenty of room to move around in and still hold on audience. would limit it to clan vs omni vs neut. Other than that can't think of anywhere else besides 2h0, MMD but same issues there and lot more room for griefers to take advantage of. Once a week would be cool during peek play time.
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

Outside buffs?

No, peeps about to engage a duel should terminate and come back while rezzing.

Should we have a website to keep track of peoples kills etc?

Yeah, something like a player ladder. There should be ratings and points, kind of like how titles work in game except they are displayed.

Say I have 1000 rating points and Army has 2000.

We duel, I win, he goes to the website, "reports" his loss to me and my rating changes to 1500, and his goes accordingly. Players can register and what not, very good idea this can allow players to PvP any time they want, log on to the site and report losses/wins, etc.

Should we have one day a week where we do a whole event of this or should we have the possibility to do it everyday and people just contact me who want to be up for a chance to fight on any given day (teams included).

If you ever manage to start a website, you could probably have them any time. Then the people who duel can report losses or wins to the website. But for a big event with peeps coming from all kinds of levels you should have it once a week or so.

What areas would such fights take place? (2ho, mmd, arenas)

Tir arena sounds like the best place, I'd like to duel Clanners and not just Omni.

Should it only be omnis vs clans or have same side fights as well?

This would be easier to do but not as fun.
    Last edited by Æxíd; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 22:20:30.
    [color=sky blue]Neophyte Æxid[/color] | 200 Clan RK2 Trader
    Unit Commander of Immortal Ascension
    Server First: Ian Warr

W00t, did someone say PvP?

/s Hey Jeeves!! Bring me my cane and shield, chop chop!!
    Chadwick "Armaklaesy" Brownwood
    Welcome to my massage parlor. Please put on this towel and Zhok will be right with you.

just throwing out some idea 3 vs 3 would be nice and those 3 would be able to share buffs with each other and only those 3

1 vs 1 is kinda one sided for some class that would like to take part but fear they might face certain class's which they have absolutely no chance agaisn't

if it would be a 3 man tourny all 3 team members would have to be of different class's

not trader , trader , trader

if you do decide to do it send me a tell
    Elitemedic Rimor Doctor

I think its a great idea!

However, I see several problems. Griefers and gankers were rampant at the Tir arena when it was open to both sides. I suspect there would be plenty of people who would get outside buffs, especially if there were actual prizes. /terminating would be a pain, and wouldn't garuntee no outside buffs as any sneaky little turd could have a friend waiting by the reclaim term. It might be easier to let everybody get all the outside buffs they can, as this reflects the 'true' pvp environment and is also a lot easier on enforcement. The other consideration would be a need for observers of some sort. What if the loser of the match simply doesn't report his loss, or worse yet, claims victory?

If these issuses can be solved, I think it would be a lot of fun. As it has been said, it's quite difficult to find an evenly matched tower battle, so a tournement would be nice.

Need more ideas and responses

This thread isnt as active as id hope, interest seems low or no one knows its hear...spread the word!
    [IMGhttp://hb.gamingcenters.net/aa.jpg[/IMG]

It seems to me like what you are looking at would be a sort of pvp ladder.
    I still have the code from a starcraft ladder i helped work on a few years ago, and it already has rating system set up..

if you wanna take a look at it leave ur email on here and ill send you info.
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU

I like the 3 on 3 idea.
    Chadwick "Armaklaesy" Brownwood
    Welcome to my massage parlor. Please put on this towel and Zhok will be right with you.

bumpage
    Mains:
    Alpha(NT)|Cent(Enf)|Bio(Doc)
    Twinks:
    Straight(Trd)|Infekted(Trd)|Infekted MKII(Trd)|Betty(MP)