Thread: Are there no rules of conduct when building controllers?

Are there no rules of conduct when building controllers?

I will not post any names of characters or clans in this message to avoid any bad feelings. After rallying people and initiating attack by disabling the shield myself, I was hoping I could place a controller for my clan. After we had taken down the towers, it was asked on OOC who claimed the land. I said I had planned and initiated the attack to build there, and if there were no objections I would do so. There where no objection, so I assumed I would get to build when it was possible again. Then a character (way higher lvl than me and the area) builds one before I get the time to do it. The character in question had been lurking around the area last part of that battle, so this was obviously the intent. The area in question is a 50-75 area, and the charachter was well over lvl 150 (won't be more specific to keep him/her/it anonoumous). This character then builds a controller of ql 50 before I can plant my ql 75 controller. I try to contact the character to say I think I should at least get a tell stating a claim, or a reason why they took it. The character proceeds to log off. Shortly after another from the same clan (I assume an alt) arrives and plants support towers. I ask why they did it, and I get told because the land was available, then the character logs of too. I try to send messages to the chars in question but they are both offline, so I ask on clan OOC, but only answer I get from a member of that clan (a 2nd alt I assume due to it's promt arrival at the controller are) is huh?

EDIT:Is this the way we want it to be? Are there any moral rules we abide by or is it indeed Anarchy Online, where the only way to get a tower buildt is to be disshonest?
    Last edited by Liet; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 12:47:11.

I don't see the problem here. Just wait ~24+5 hours and take the base back. We had a similar situation where our guild took a base. What we did was giving them the ultimatum, either give us the symbolic sum of 1M ingame credits or loose the base the next time it was 5%. They paid up. This solution was acceptable to us because the other group was OT and because we really did not need that site.

A solution to this problem is to keep tower wars within the guild, and stop calling cowardly onto other Clanners to assist you.

And no, there is no honour in this game. Just take a look at all the cheaters, kill stealers and ninja (atleast before the whole team got that loot message.)

Problem is, we can't take it back. There are 2 resons for this:
    First it was another clan who grabbed it, and as a clanner I refuse to attack my brothers and sisters.
    Secondly the towers they buildt where ql 50 , not 75 like the original ones, and we have few chars in that range in our guild and among my friends.

Regardless that I am Omni or not, If i were you, I will kill them.. Refusing to do that means giving them the idea they can do Ninja without retribution
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

The one that placed the controller, was he leader of the guild, if not have you talked with the leader to see if they really support this action?

Does the guild have low lvl members too or only high lvl?

And if you attacked first and also had many people there and he "stole" the base, then I would try to take it back, maybe another lower lvl guild can help you.

(I would tell in clan leader chat that I would attack and reason for it first tho.)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Well, if you wont attack them, hire someone who will. Just because you are both clan you dont have to let them walk all over you.

Originally posted by Liet
    Problem is, we can't take it back. There are 2 resons for this:
    First it was another clan who grabbed it, and as a clanner I refuse to attack my brothers and sisters.
    See that's your problem right there. Nice guys finish 4th, hence you got your land ganked. Just because you play nice doesn't mean everyone else has to or will see things your way.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange